Thursday, June 12, 2008

Five Passengers, Four Parachutes

You may have seen this a while back, but it’s worth repeating, and frankly, I’ve been socked in with my job and writing the last week. Hope you enjoy it:

A plane is about to crash. There are five passengers on board, but only four parachutes.

The first passenger says, “I am Ronaldo, the greatest football player in the world. The world needs me, and I cannot die on my fans.” He grabs the first parachute and jumps out of the plane.

The second passenger, Hillary Clinton, says, “I am the wife of the former president, I am the senator from New York, and someday I will be the president of the United State.” She grabs a parachute and jumps off the plane.

The third passenger, George W. Bush, says, “I am the president of the United States of America. I have huge responsibilities in the world. Besides, I am the smartest president in the history of my country and can’t shun the responsibility to my people by dying.” He grabs a pack and jumps off the plane.

The fourth passenger, the Pope, says to the fifth passenger, a young schoolboy, “I am old. I have lived my life as a good person as a priest should, and so I shall leave the last parachute to you. You have the rest of your life ahead of you.”

To this the little boy says, “Don’t fret old man. There is a parachute for each of us! The smartest president of America took my schoolbag.”

No comments: