Tuesday, December 15, 2009

REMOVED: The University of the South vs. Tennessee Williams

Thursday December 17, 2009. Original posting removed immediately after I recieved an email from Donna L. Pierce, Legal Counsel, The University of the South, demanding I do so because it contained certain things that were untrue. I thank Ms. Pierce for her timely response and apologize for anything I have ever written in any form or spoken about the stewardship of the Williams estate by Sewanee or it agents that was in error. It has never been my intention to defame the University of the South or suggest that they should not be the beneficiary of Mr. Williams' will and codicil.

I will take the information in Ms. Pierce's letter into account before communicating anything in the future about these matters. Important questions still remain, but considering the content of Ms. Pierce's letter, I feel sure Sewanee, the institution, has acted as Ms. Pierce has stated.

We are now in the Holiday Season, so let's rejoice!

Again, I thank Ms. Pierce for her very clear letter and her serious consideration of these matters.

Scott D. Kenan

No comments: