Saturday, January 23, 2010

Letter to Allean Hale (and 300+ others)

The battle appears to be lost. My book is too hot to handle right now, so I'm not fighting for it any more. No Williams person (except you, Allean) could stand fully with me to support it. I've laid it aside. I'm fully confident it will be published before the 100th anniversary of TW's birth. The whole Williams crew (those dependent on the good graces of Sewanee for rights or archives access) had been rendered powerless by Sewanee. Perhaps I have given you strength.

But there's good news too. Out of the blue (thank you Larry Myers!), a small group of people known to me (so far) only as the Friends of Paul and Janie Bowles, is going to help me get onto the lecture circuit. I met with one of them for dinner last night. They are already planning to mount an evening of Tennessee Williams at a significant Southeastern university in early March. The main event will be a panel discussion, Larry and I being the panelists. I hope I look as sporty in a face mask as did Dorothy Kilgallen, although by then, with luck, none of these nut cases will still be after me. Thank God civilization has progressed enough that Sewanee couldn't take me out with a sniper's bullet.

Anyway, I intend for this to be my FINAL broadcast email. Know that throughout my "fight," it is you all who have inspired me to the battle. The more I think of what you have already successfully achieved and the circumstances under which you have had to work, I cannot imagine a group of people in the entire universe who are of a higher caliber than you. I have always gotten my strength from you. But I have especially gotten my strength from "John the Beloved."

Here is my final salvo on Sewanee and Here/Regent as posted this morning with various gay activists and NOT-Regent/Here media:

Any serious journalist or other "victim" of Regent/Here can contact me and I am not one to mince words. I was caught not only in R/H's web of deception, but also that of the University of the South who had partnered with them to suppress my Tennessee Williams memoir. You see, I not only have the dirt on Alyson Books now, but have been in possession of all the evidence needed to prove that TUOTS' aka Suwanee's lawyer, Michael Reemer, bribed certain of TW's closest friends to testify falsely that TW was incompetent.

Thus, Suwanee instead of Harvard got to control TW's estate INCLUDING ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. As AIDS developed and Christians thanked God for it as the righteous punishment of Gays, Tennessee knew Suwanee, a totally homophobic school (same is true for Regent/Here—if you know the difference between a gay person and a faggot) would never honor his will. Both Regent/Here and Suwanee have threatened me with lawsuits, but that just made me holler louder and more specifically. I have called both their bluffs.

They cannot fight me in a court of law or in the court of public opinion. All that was left to them was the corruption of my computer and email communications. And that hasn't worked either. As I type, I watch emails going in and out via my software. But I don't write them. I don't receive them. It now is simply entertainment. Regent/Here and The University of the South are already defeated. And they know it. It's time for the Cavalry of the Artists to swoop in and finish them. Google my name to learn more about me. The story of my fight with them is on my blog.


I love you one and all.
And I thank you.

Scott D. Kenan

No comments: