Sunday, January 17, 2010

The "Patriot Act" is now Dead in the Water

What you can do to help--but first a story.

Two days ago, when the Apple Store at Lenox Square Mall diagnosed my week-old iPhone (the original iPhone's email had gotten so corrupted they had had to replace the whole phone), the tech said there was definite corruption of the software, but not so much I needed to wipe it and reload fresh. I immediately said, "We must reload." He also had found "high irregularities" on the servers of the two email accounts from my employer, a huge supporter of the Bush/fat-boy/Palin brand of Republicanism. We decided not to re-install the settings of those two email accounts on the phone.

NOTE: My MacBook Pro has not suffered. I continue to keep all six email accounts on it and have no problems.

I had had other troubles too. My Windows computers (One XP, one Vista) had become possessed by the electronic spirit of The System back in September, and repeatedly refused to shut down, popping me a window saying that a computer on "the network" refused to allow them to shut down. Knowing the controlling computer could not be mine, I held the power button down for five seconds. This worked each time, but I decided I must convert all to Apple. Even with the Windows computers down, they continued to occasionally beep. I unplugged the desktop to silence it. The laptop, I hid in a closet (LOL!) after realizing its battery was draining while it was shut off, almost as quickly as when I used it. I'm a writer and a salesman and cannot have manuscripts and sales leads become corrupted.

Switching to Apple (and emasculating my Windows computers) worked, and I loved my new MacBook Pro and iPhone--until the phone became demented. But now, without those two email accounts on my phone, my life has returned to normal. The best benefit? It has been two days since I charged my iPhone. Unbelievable that the battery is still 2/3 charged. How could this be? Just a few days ago, a charge lasted only a day--if I was lucky. The corrupted phone had been doing the bidding of The System. 'Nuf said. No more.

What you can do:

If you have had any irregularities, no matter what kind of phone you have, go to their tech support online. Most companies have instructions how to wipe the hard drive and reinstall clean software.

Do it.

Then be careful which email accounts and settings you load back in. Be very wary of anything vaguely associated with the Republican Party. There are millions of wonderful Republicans (I was raised by two). The Party leadership is the problem. They are the very heart of The Great Malevolence that would enslave the World.

But don't think you have to do a thing. The System is now quickly collapsing.

Never hold your secrets in. Live transparently. This is your only safety.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: