Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Reviews Are In for WALKING ON GLASS!


New review posted today:

Thomas Keith: Former editor of Tennessee Williams' books at New Directions Publishing

Scott as done a beautiful job with his memoir--the last version I read was several years and drafts ago. What makes it stand out from previous memoirs about Williams is its integrity, and the depth to which Scott reveals his own situation, mental health problems, fears, and hopes.

Because of that integrity, the day-to-day descriptions of life with Williams and Scott's take on the tangle of problems Williams faced near the end of his life are that much more insightful.

I also happen to like Scott's ability to describe a person or set a scene--even his thread of commentary on weather, light, and seasons informs us about the sensitivities of the man telling this story.

See all reviews of Walking on Glass: http://www.walkingonglass.net/reviews.php

1. Alyson Books never paid my advance of $3,000.00, due August 6, 2009 at signing. Payment was 5 1/2 months late on 1/19/10 when they canceled our contract (without consulting me first). Alex Paul's email to me is posted on this blog dated 1/19/10.

2. No one at Alyson or Here/Regent Media has returned my or my agent's phone calls or emails since mid-December, 2009.

3. On January 6, 2010, the five-month anniversary of the due date, I began a campaign to pressure Alyson/Regent/Here to pay my advance. The only place I published anything is on this blog. All my postings remain. Scroll down to read them.

Mr. Alex Paul: Sue me or retract your scurrilous accusations with apologies, immediately. Sir!

No comments: