Saturday, September 18, 2010

Letter to my Former Landlord


Hi Mauricio,

I want you to know that I have moved out of the apartment. I had no plans to do so, but when opportunity presented itself, I accepted.

And I had gotten into an impossible situation. I can't prove that you or Big Guy hired Enrique Rojas to assassinate me, but Fernando Merino has pretty clearly sent me a message that you work for him.

One of President Obama's top advisers from his presidential campaign was at the PV Writers' Club meeting today. He knows my friend Tom Houck www.tomhouck.com . He will be in town for two weeks and wants to meet with me to get the names and evidence against all Mexicans who have given me a difficult time so the American and Mexican governments can investigate them.

I have left the apartment clean and in excellent condition. I apologize that I left in such a hurry without notice, but ALL things considered, it would be i your best interest to return the 800 pesos I paid toward the deposit today or tomorrow. I stayed a few days less than one month.

I know you had me sign some kind of contract, but since you did not translate it for me and did not give me a copy, it will not hold up in court -- especially since I now have an Obama adviser helping me here in PV. Or so it might appear. LOL!!!

I will check email about 5:00 PM to get your response. I will give you the key and the paid receipt for 59 pesos old electric bill and extra 80 pesos I paid.

Also, representatives of the Mexican political press were at today's meeting and have arranged to meet with me soon.

Best regards,
Scott

No comments: