Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Responding to my Government's Representative


Dear Sinead,

I am full of the morning, this morning, and somehow in especial touch with my American parts. I started my day by trading a bag of laundry soap to the local grocery. Everyone hates this woman who owns it as she's cheap as hell. But I knew that meant she was an accomplished capitalist, and she would bite on my offer to trade the soap for a pack of Mexican Mall-Burgers (South-Jersey-speak for "Marlboros"). I only smoke the Mexican ones -- especially since reading the UN report that cigs made for sale in the US have THREE TIMES the cancer-producing chemical additives as those sold in ANY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH.

Also, I was listening to Grofe's GRAND CANYON SUITE. And the sun was also rising. Now, I'm on to Cesaria Evora, and heading toward Edith Piaf. i sure like me a good woman!!! Just a week ago, I met and sat to talk with "Jew Mama" -- "No charge for advice or guilt!" -- www.mamavallarta.com . She's four years older than me and I was almost ready to vibrate her clothes off -- believe it or not! We sat in front of the bar Apache's as Chewy danced, sang, and served his thus-blessed clientele.

I asked Mama if she knew my American ex-pat friend Debbi Egan, owner of Banana Cantina/Choco Banana ( www.bananacantina.com ) -- food to absolutely DIE for. Mama said, "Oh, you missed her! She just drove by in her pink Mercedes." "Oh, really," I replied. "And to think Aretha only drove a Cadillac!"

Sometimes I honestly wish I weren't gay -- but I do always come back to my senses. There really is something hot about a mature woman forged by REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE!

Witness Tina Turner, Grace Jones. . . .

I guess I'll call last night THE NIGHT OF THE LONG KNIVES. None came seeking me, of course, but the whole town was quiet yesterday, and people who knew they were safe were apprehensive for their loved ones who have been involved in drug trafficking -- and what might happen to them next. The Universe tipped overnight, and now there can be no return. "Devils" will be banished to perdition -- or at least prison or servile roles -- until all wealth is returned to its rightful owners and Mother Earth is restored to her glory. Say 'Good Night', Dick Cheney!!!

I do find it interesting that Tanning-Bed Boehner began his Republican Party career sweeping up butts in a Cincinnati bar!!! Cincinnati being the city of my birth and my mother's locus of early activity as the Head of Proctor & Gamble's Skin Research Labs. Also ironical is the "fact" that there is a Scott C. Kenan who grew up in Cincinnati, who is NOT listed in the Kenan family genealogies --at least not the ones compiled by Alvaretta Kenan Register of Tulane University in 1967, or it's 2000 update by Marie D. Lamar for publication by Mercer University Press. This Scott C. is 6' 10", his interests are business (if you read his Amazon "wish list", which at least USED to be open to the public), and he's 6' 10"! In fact, in the early 1990s, I got calls from a few college basketball recruiters thinking I was he. He's refused to answer my inquiring emails -- might be something fishy there. Might not.

No telling how much will hit the press or courts. Public Opinion is the Court of Redress, now that enough have evolved to what I call Post-Human. I do hope my family and US friends wake up soon. . . .

I hope you and the rest of the staff at the Consulate are not too inconvenienced by the bridge being out. Thank God it was one of two spans on a separated highway, and with luck, the other span will be deemed safe. My comment yesterday that I would get out a letter to the Mayor of PV "come hell or high water" was not in any way thought by me to be prescient, but, I suppose, prescient it was!

Today, I'll drop off a copy at the Mayor's office and probably at offices of some of the local press as well. Actually, I think I'll wait to see if your and/or my efforts have worked to get it to him, and if I hear nothing by tomorrow morning, do it then. Love all this manana stuff!

That Mexican crime-reporting form (or instructions concerning it, actually) you sent me was a goddamn laugh riot! (I might publish it on my blog.) Clearly law enforcement officials in Mexico are meant only to trap the stupid and force them to pay bribes. I rather prefer this system. Everything in Mexico -- especially driving and negotiating -- seems to be meant to exaggerate the working of Survival of the Fittest -- forces people to continually push their limits and grow. In America, for too many years, we've set everything up to reward the mindless (and the mindful for becoming less so). No wonder the Republicans pulled the wool over Americans' eyes (only Americans' -- or almost only). And I am afraid I must also add that I mean primarily WHITE Americans. Just take a look at any gathering of Republicans!!!

Pardon me for being expansive this morning, but I DID warn you that I was full of The Morning!

Now, having not accessed the internet since before Brother Obama spoke to the Nation, I'll get this out and see if there is any cheer in the mail or gnus.

The water company just stopped by with the bill for Mauricio. Somehow signing for receipt of it made me feel locked into physical safety. The Battle Hymn of the Republic has now played, followed by Dixie. Both are MOST excellent, but, indeed, Dixie has now gotten the FINAL say! "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" (That was Tennessee Williams.)

All best,
Scott
scottkenan.blogspot.com


On Aug 31, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Sinead O'Day wrote:

Dear Mr. Kenan,
I am glad to hear that you do not feel that your injuries are serious. Please do keep in mind the information regarding the Regional Hospital or Red Cross should you need medical care in the future.

Attached is the information regarding making a Ministerio Publico Report in Puerto Vallarta.

Again, I want to encourage you to consider applying for the U.S. Government to help you return to the U.S. where you can receive social and health services and maybe have more success in putting your economical issues in order. The process can take several days even up to a week, so the sooner you apply the better.

As you have probably heard one of the two bridges collapsed over the Ameca River, the other is closed until it is deemed safe. Water taxis are being provided courtesy of Vallarta Adventures today. It is hopeful that the bridge that is still standing passes inspection and vehicle transit will be authorized soon.

Kind Regards,
Sinead O'Day – U.S. Consular Agent Vallarta

No comments: