Friday, September 10, 2010

Sell-off!!!


Dear Mike, Jane, and Julie,

Where to begin? Jane and Julie please forward this to Mike as I believe he's still blocking me totally. As you see, I am appealing to more than people than immediate family.

My purpose this morning is to let everyone know (although I'll be sending this to relatively few), that I am not angry with ANYONE. Not even Mom, Dick Cheney, the Pope-in-Rome, or my failed assassins.

There was a flaw in my world, and I had to correct it. I've done that. I have broken the back of the largest scheme ever to enslave the world through legal and illegal drug addiction. This was a FAR more serious matter than Hitler's Third Reich. Really.

Sorry for all the inconvenience. No one need apologize to me for anything. I had it all coming. You see, we all create our own worlds, and mine, apparently one of the bigger, surprisingly interconnected worlds, had a flaw that led it to the brink of destruction. The things I suffered were just the Universe waking me up to the reality I had caused (through inattention to my world), and the implantation of a sense of ABSOLUTE URGENCY that I must act as quickly as possible. This fast action thing is what made it impossible to take the time to explain myself. I felt forced to just bludgeon my way over and past everyone and everything that was in my way. The operation is over and the patient is recovering already, nicely. You might not understand these words, but some day you will -- and sooner than you might think.

Along the way, I gave away or sold for next to nothing, almost everything I owned. What i got out of that (the house, primarily) was mostly stolen from me by my adversaries. I've been living by my wits for months. I've had no actual income in a year. Everything I've given those of you I've given things to, I did so freely, that is, not as payments that left you obliged to me in any way. So I first want to make clear that when I ask for a little assistance, I am NOT saying you OWE it to me. You don't.

But I do need it. Donations on the website have been fewer than expected and average $20.00. Given the political and moral climates in the US, this is no surprise and does NOT serve as an indication of the popularity of my book (and who really wants to read a PDF of a BOOK anyway?)

(Lack of) donations on my site is in some ways a barometer of fear. The good news is that the fear is lifting, but not yet fast enough to support me. And I DID get back in touch with the agent who had earlier TWICE contacted me saying she wanted to represent me. No word from her yet. Tomorrow, i meet with the PV English-language writers' group. I met Ms. Zorrilla, President of the Board of Pro Biblioteca de Vallarta AC that sponsors the group. I guess this will be my local audition.

Today, I am selling as much of my audio/video SOUND system as possible to a guy who really appreciates its superior quality. I hate to do this, but I figure I can always buy new and MAYBE even better (and I was getting a little tired of having such large speakers). I need money to pay $250.00 deposit on my apartment (which is 3 weeks late), and in a week I need another $250 for the next month's rent. I have other debts as well, but they are not as pressing.

I put more than $4,000.00 USD into my audio equipment (does not include TV, or Blu-ray, DVD, or iPod which are all hocked). My experience shows that the most I am likely to get is 10% -- and remember, the perfectly working Mirage Omnipolar speakers are from 1998, although the Hitachi receiver is only a year old.

I will still need a little money to help tide me until I can get other streams of income going: book advance, fortuneteller booth (which will require a permanent VISA and up-front money to rent space, etc.), and who knows what other activities. If you or any others I send this to can spare a little money, Western Union is best, or donation at www.walkingonglass.net using Paypal (Paypal accepts all major credit and debit cards as well as electronic check). Paypal also takes three BUSINESS days to transfer into my checking. To transfer funds electronically to my Bank of America account you only need this:

Routing: 061000052 Checking Account #: 334028780344, Scott D. Kenan 903 Second St., Stone Mountain, GA 30083 770-262-5839. You probably need only to know that the bank is GEORGIA based due to banking laws and regulations.

I hate nothing more than to ask for money, but I must. And I must also say that just knowing each and every one of you has been the best privilege of my life, and donating or not will never change that. I include in this those that seemed to act as my adversaries -- and actually, they gave/suffered more in this "sorting out," so I appreciate them more.

Special thanks to Jim Richardson who came through with $1,000.00 USD when I needed it most desperately. You might even think of that gift as a Plenary Indulgence (check Catholic Brew-ha-ha for definition). Thanks beyond Thanks to Steve Poynter for $400.00 when I was in similar straights, but for so very much more and at all the oddest of times (He even checked in with me "by coincidence" ten years ago when I "dated" Yonty Soloman of London. THAT was bizarre!!! And dare I say it, he's my co-knight of Scotland -- if in fact i can make that claim (no diminution of Marco Guzman intended).

With favorable income and clear and open lines of communications hopefully restored, I expect to begin calling family tomorrow. I'll call siblings before parents. I appreciate that Mom had to act as she has acted. I do not judge her -- or anyone else. But I must also say I am not the Law. That is a realm I have no real control over.

Special thanks also to Allean Hale, Kenneth Holditch, and Gregory Mosher: the true keepers of the Williams flame. And then also to the best surprise of this journey: getting back in touch with Mark Beard. His Christmas Party and his friendship redeemed me in a sense. In a sense I don't have words for yet, but for which I will be eternally grateful. Because of Mark, my whole concept of self exploded into new dimensions effortlessly.

But getting to the very meat of the matter, it is Thomas Stephen Kenan III, family historian, whom I most thank the most -- along with Robbie Anderson, the musician whose company we both kept at separate times. Robbie always had the nicest things to say about Tommy and the way he went about family business, particularly at functions. I don't think Robbie had any idea how hearing that Tommy was giving away copious numbers of pianos and organs reverberated through my Kenan soul. It is my own intention to always give (when appropriate) as part of a loan or gift from my foundation, a musical instrument, although the way things are at the moment, I might have to begin by giving Mary Lily kazoos -- or Jew's harps.

LOL.

Please lend me a hand if you can afford to.

Thanks,
Scott

No comments: