Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Great News for Tennessee Williams Festival!!!


THE GOOD NEWS: Rick McKay, whom I met in Atlanta when he took his film BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE on tour, has agreed to let us feature his film here -- AND -- he will help me with contacting celebrities, or at least show me the ropes how to contact some I don´t know.

Here is the Amazon listing for his film: http://www.amazon.com/Broadway-Golden-Legends-Were-There/product-reviews/B000649YA2 as you will see, 60 out of 66 reviews are 5-star! That is what happened because Rick began his project totally as a labor of love. We will have similar success with the Festival here.

More info on Rick's film, including a list of the many actors he interviewed: http://broadwaythemovie.com/prodnotes.htm . I have a DVD copy and can share that with anyone who would like to see this incredible film.

Still waiting to hear from Gloria Palacios regarding how much co-marketing the city will be able to do. Now that I have several presenters signed on, Rick to present as well as help with contacts, several large local companies interested in sponsoring at some level (but waiting to hear regrding the City's level of interest/help), and more venues interested in participating, I certainly hope they can decide soon. Would they even consider shunning the man whose play put Puerto Vallarta squarely on the map?

No comments: