Thursday, December 2, 2010

Making sure I make my points -- and raise seed money without BEGGING.

Hey Lawrence,

By now, I think you know I hold no bad feelings toward you, Robin, or any other Mama Mia's people. From my current perspective, both of us (and others) were compelled to act in court and other places as we did, and in ways that might have been so subtle as to escape our attention at the time.

I had lost your email address and just found you here. As you probably know -- if you got my emails I was sending a couple of months ago before my computer was stolen -- I was made an Honorary Jew by Jonathan Reiner, cousin of Rob, nephew of Carl, who in his own right has won Emmys for TV writing. This because I exposed my mother as the top Nazi in the US. I could not imagine a higher honor, and I seem to be multiply blessed with each new day.

My plan to throw a huge celebration of Tennessee Williams' 100th birthday here in Puerto Vallarta is gaining great momentum, and after some difficulties (to say the least), I prevail. Rck McKay is signed on to give a presentation of his incredible documentary film: http://www.broadwaythemovie.com/ . See Amazon reviews!!!: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000649YA2/ref=nosim/broadwthegold-20 .

He's also helping to line up presenters and talent. Yesterday, I put out feelers toward Liz Taylor, Meryl Streep (whom I knew back then--see my ms that I will send seperately if I can find your email address, or send it to me so I can send to you), Alec Baldwin (love his acting and his politics), and, of course, John Waters, who has said "Tennessee Williams saved my life."

I'd like to float an idea to you to see if it interests you. I have just made this offer to an American here who is rich as can be -- but cheap as hell and working against my interests more often than for them. I am waiting for the City of Puerto Vallarta to make a PR announcement of the Festival, and then to re-sell my book to a REAL publisher (Alyson Books went under and did not publish ANY of its 30 spring 2010 list. I was to be the headliner, and several authors were extremely well known. But alas -- Alyson had been secretly bought by the Republican Party and they topedoed me due to the evidence in my book against them. I know EXACTLY how they conspired and stole most of TW's royalties after he died. I know who did it, how, and have statement from the last surviving bribee that he was kept in high luxury by high-placed Republican in Tennessee State Legislature -- without trade for sex. Individual's name not to be disclosed yet.)

I really believe that my book will easily make at least $100,000.00 USD, and actually much more after selling movie rights. I'm willing to sell 10% for $10,000.00. That is that you would get 10% of royalties right off the top before ANY of my expenses. My first agent, Cynthia Zigmund, was in cahoots with them and screwed me royal, so I'll not be using another agent -- and save those costs. I'll hire a good contracts lawyer, instead.

It should sell fast once the publicity machine for the Birthday Festival here (TW's movie NIGHT OF THE IGUANA put PV on the map) gets going -- even if I have to force some local political hands, which I WELL can do. The advance should be sizable since I'm waiting to maximize Festival publicity first and you would get 10% of that very quickly -- maybe even all of your investment -- and then it would continue to pay you.

Frankly, I have decided you need to be compensated for the crap my mother and others have put you through, and no one else will do it, but I need some seed money here to continue at an efficient pace.

Perhaps Stanley might even be interested in it since I've followed his career and see he does documentary types of material. And the original HAIRSPRAY remains one of my top favorites.
Hell -- maybe even Buchthal and Waters together again. To tell the truth, THAT would be my dream team, and if YOU could have bragging rights for putting it together, that would be better than spitting in the eye of the entire Nazi Nation (which is what unmindful America seems to have become -- although subtler).

As I recall, both me and you are or were the black sheep of our families, and you were often given short shrift. Karma payback time???

Well, I hope to immediately find your email address, but if I can't, please send it so I can email the ms.

Shalom -- and best to your family!
Scott

PS: Come visit me in Paradise. Swear to God: The highest compliment in Mexico is to call someone a Jew. Really!!! I even have a Delta RT US-Mex that I could give you if you want to come down and check things out.

No comments: