Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Business Proposal and Jane's response:

Today:

I put a copy of my business card on the windshield of a truck bearing the logo of the local FOX TV network. I dared them to interview me and referred to the lies they published and then refused to take off their websites for the NYC and LA Fox sites. They had claimed that I said Tennessee Williams took a lot of illegal drugs.

He didn't. All I ever saw of that was his smoking pot twice in six months.

Also, today, this exchange with my sister:

Hi Jane,

After texting you this morning, I thought of some other things. First. I want you to know that I hope that my theories and remembered facts are incorrect and that I am in fact mentally ill and delusional. I would FAR prefer that to be true than that I am correct. I would prefer to spend my life in a mental hospital or heavily medicated than to have what I believe to be true actually be true. But I have seen no evidence that convinces me that I am fundamentally wrong. Of course I am human and I have made some errors, but they do not invalidate my basic premises.

I plan to get a full mental health evaluation and follow any doctor's orders. I agree with Mom on that, but I will NOT take Lithium again. It is extremely dangerous to many organs and in fact is what caused me to loose my teeth and get "chemical diabetes" in my foot. It is outlawed in nearly every other country on earth -- except for uses in severe mania.

BTW: If Mom is correct, I have been manic for nearly two years now. The longest previous report of a manic episode that I have been able to find is 9 months.

As you know, I have never believed you have deliberately treated me badly. Mom and Dad have, I THINK Mike has, and I have not had enough contact with Julie to judge. Therefore, I have a proposition for you: I need $2,500.00 to get into a furnished appartment and buy a computer. I found one that is furnished with everything for -- including silverware, etc. -- $950.00 (most within walking distance of the Historic Distict are $1,100.00 and above). I have to pay the same amount as damage deposit, which of course I get back later. I can get a good basic laptop for $500.00.

I propose that if you (from your funds, sharing the investment with others, or borrowing from John or your traveling companion) invest that much, I will give you 10% ownership in my Williams memoir -- including movie rights. You and your group read my boook, so you know what others think of it. As soon as I get out of living in my ice-box car and have my own computer, I will begin to find a publisher. Your cut comes from the royalties I get AFTER any agent's commission (15%, generally, although I think I can sell it without using one), and BEFORE any of my own expenses. I'm likely to get at least $25,000.00 advance, so when I sign the contract, you will get your investment back, although there is no guarentee of this and it might take longer.

Then if sold for a movie -- highly likely -- you might rememeber that the producers of all the Harry Potter films asked to see it and we never began to try to sell it. They had gotten wind of it. They opted out as it is not the subject matter they normally do. The producers of Julie and Julia, The Hours, The Queen, etc., are still considering it. I will pay you back any balance of the $2,500.00 investment that is not earned back within five years, but without interest, should that be the case.

My plan is to make you well-off, and expect that within two years, you will be able to retire comfortably if you want to. You may share anything I write to you with anyone, although I will NOT make this offer to anyone else in the family. I will try to sell another 15% of the book to someone else for four times as much money, and expect it to be bought by xxxxxxxxx xxxx.

News:

1. I have met many people here, including city and business leaders. About 25% claim to be blood related to me/us. All have been very friendly, and none claim I need a doctor or meds, but I want to check that out anyway.

2. I have volunteered my services at Thallian Hall as an usher/concession worker.

3. I am in the process of offering to co-write with a local theater group a touring show based on my book and blog, and will give them a major chunk of the rights to help fund all their activities. If this proposal interests you, please let me know by phone call or text. i could drive up to pick up the money, or it could be sent electronically to my new bank account and I would provide routing and account numbers.

If you are certain you would not be interested, please let me know immediately. If you are inclined, the sooner I could get off the street and to work on selling the book and my profession, writing, the better. I would provide a written, signed document of the terms to be replaced by a contract drawn by a lawyer of your choice ASAP.

All my love,
Scott

Jane's response:

Scott,

I am not interested in your proposal as I have no extra money for that. I just found out I am not getting anything back in taxes and thought I was so am even shorter on cash than I thought.

Good luck w/ getting some money; maybe you should try and find a paying job to get you back on your feet until you can pursue the book.

Love,
Jane

And mine:

Sorry you don't think borrowing money from John or your traveling companion for an investment that is so good is foolish. Borrowing for things in a tough economy that DON'T produce income is the real mark of a fool. But, then, Mom and Dad would criticize you if you got rich. They have always said we don't deserve to have even the average income for people of our education level.

If you change your mind in the next day or two, let me know. I can still extend my offer to you if someone else invests. I'm going to make too much money for just myself, but can't wait too long for anyone in the family who can't see an opportunity.

Love and best wishes,
Scott

No comments: