Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good News!!!


The purpose of this blog having been fulfilled, I will soon remove most of it, except for a few of my favorite posts.

I would especially like to thank my top ally and very distant relative, Mr. Thomas S. Kenan III (pictured above). And to give everyone an idea of the changing emphasis of support of one of the largest charitable trusts in the world, the William R. Kenan Jr. Charitable Trust, I'll attempt to embed a video of Tom explaining it at the dedication of the new Kenan Music Building at UNC nearly two years ago. Or go here:

w
Gracias, Senor Kenan!
After an 8-hour fight, I finally chanced on how to get the YouTube link to work, which normally takes only a few seconds to accomplish, but Bad-Seed (Bush/Cheney/Gingrich, etc.) Republicans were blocking my keystrokes in real time. Even now, they block me from correcting the formatting -- repeatedly!!!
As a token of thanks to the Greater Kenan Family's support of Education, Liberty, and Justice for all -- and absolutely impeccable standards of Integrity -- today, I let First Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, NC know that I am giving them a percentage of my Tennessee Williams memoir. I'm broke at the moment, but proceeds from my gift I hope go to giving the staff overdue raises or bonuses ASAP.
An astute reader realizes that my gift is simultaneously a goosing of the congregant Kenans, who in my humble opinion might-could have come up with just a little more dough to support the flagship church of Kenan-in-America.
I'll leave you with a nutshell of the definition of KENAN as published by the Unity Church in their METAPHYSICAL BIBLE DICTIONARY:
KENAN: Material wealth taken to the absolute extreme, which leads to spiritual renewal. KENAN (in some Bibles, translated to the original Irish variant, Cainan) is fourth in line from Adam.
Well done, Tom! (and all the rest of you)

No comments: