Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Last Appeal to My Meyer-side Close Relatives:


At Meyer Family Reunion, 2009: my brother Mike surrounded by his children: Max, Taylor, and Connor.

Readers: If you can help me in my temporary crunch, please donate here: www.walkingonglass.net . (I apologize that much info on my website needs to be updated, but I have not had the funds to have that done yet.)

Dear Meyer-side Blood Family of mine:

I’ll always love you unconditionally, but we are closer to a complete and possibly irreversible separation than the US Government is, today, to a shutdown, and I will once again, try to make my case to avert it.

Although I have been blessed and enough money has been donated to me to stall my landlord from evicting me (I hope – I haven’t talked to him yet), NOT ONE OF YOU has sent me even a dime OR communicated a reason for that. I speak primarily of my parents and siblings here – and cousin Jan Meyer Opperman (whom I TWICE help out of DIRE jams and kept confidence about them as she requested).

I have done EVERYTHING my family (Mom and Jane, specifically) have requested, not because of your demands, but because I came to the same conclusion of what I should do – not always for the exact same reason(s):

1. Although not bound by the sentence I received after my non-jury conviction of misdemeanor Cyber-stalking charges until and unless I lose my appeal, I, nevertheless, immediately removed all offending material on my blog regarding my accuser, the man who told me the stories about my accuser – which I have and had every reason to believe were true – and a friend of his in real estate who confirmed that he had actually sold his bar to a man named George, previously (unbeknownst to me), and the reason my being kicked out after an argument in the bar with George over whether or not I had actually ever worked for Tennessee Williams and some other things, culminated in my being kicked out of the bar at George’s request. In trying to find out from my accuser (who had told me he and a former local dentist I’d once had sex with in the 1980s owned the bar), WHY I had been kicked out unfairly, I was totally rebuffed, and then I blogged, doing the best at deducing what seemed to likely be true given the info I’d been told by the accuser’s above-mentioned friend. I’d only wanted to get an explanation, which I believed – and believe – I was owed. I’d have immediately removed the material, had my accuser cleared things up, or even just asked me to WITHOUT clearing things up. Instead, he refused to talk with me and brought charges against me after reading what I later blogged, and now he will suffer additional embarrassment over all of this if we have a jury trial. I am hoping the conviction is properly thrown out on constitutional grounds to avoid this. I acknowledge having committed a moral – but not legal – crime in blogging out of desperation without thinking through the consequences first.

2. I contacted probation, and after making sure the provider would be compatible with my probation and the judge’s orders (should I lose the appeal), I signed up for the first available appointment for a psychiatric evaluation, and, even, getting beyond my fears about medications, publicly stated that I will take any medication deemed necessary – as well as talk therapy.

3. I got a job (and began working it yesterday). Not bad in this economy, given that it was only my third attempt!

4. I discovered that Don Weise, former head of Alyson Books, who had so loved my book WALKING ON GLASS: A MEMOIR OF THE LATER DAYS OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS that he said it would be their featured non-fiction release in a list of about 30 books to be published Spring 2010, has left them, and, after finding financial backing, tried and failed to buy Alyson from Here Media (he had put so much effort and love into improving the iconic gay publishing house, this would have been a GREAT solution), he founded his own house, Magnus Books www.magnusbooks.com . He was ALWAYS very sensitive to me and my work, and my beefs with him were really due to difficulties caused by his higher-ups. That said, in my misunderstanding of the events at that time, I DID direct harsh words toward him, but I now realize he did not deserve them, and have apologized to him. I have also offered that since he put so much hard work into my book and respected it and me so much, he should profit from it and I offered that I would like him to publish it and am confident we can agree to terms. I have not yet received an answer, but he would be financially foolish to reject a book he put so much love and attention into and which is now ready for the typesetter, so almost no additional work would be required. There is NO political information in this book, so there should be NO political consequences to publishing it.

5. I let First Presbyterian Church here in Wilmington know of this, because I gave them 15% ownership of rights – including movie rights. My former agent, Cynthia Zigmund, had told me that legendary movie producer Scott Rudin had requested the manuscript, and to my knowledge, he is still looking at it. My now-estranged friend and former Tennessee Williams assistant and confidant, John Uecker, who claims to be a very close friend of Mr. Rudin – going back to high school days – told me last summer that Mr. Rudin looks a long time and then acts with lightening speed when he decides. We’ll see. We had never put the manuscript out to movie producers, but he (like the producers of the Harry Potter Books movies as well as the producers of SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS, although they both decided against and let us know), had simply gotten wind of my book and approached Cynthia after an announcement of the book’s sale to Alyson was posted on a trade site.

6. I have found a responsible contact at Harvard University and will work through her and others there to reverse the illegal disposal of the codicil to Tennessee Williams’ will until there is success, or the person in charge of Harvard’s Legal Department tells me they choose not to pursue it, or can’t.

I will not now go into too many details about additional connections that I recently discovered linking my parents to top Republican operatives, except to say that when we lived across the street from iconic (later) Notre Dame football Coach, Lou Holtz in 1968 in Columbus, OH, my parents frequently played bridge with them. Lou is and has been not only a “rabid” Catholic, but a sports and political commentator on Sean Hannity’s show on Fox News. I last saw him just a few nights ago there. My Uncle Bob (Robert J. Meyer, DDS) was Notre Dame’s Fighting Irish football team’s official dentist at about the time Lou took over coaching that team. Sean Hannity is the husband of Christal Presley’s continuing best friend from college. I found a private business network online that included Christal, Cynthia Zigmund, and my sister Jane as well as a few others (Christal abused Jane by duping her into buying my parents a stone globe at twice the usual price – claiming it was a deal, and knowing that would drive me ballistic – which it did). I also know that my former employer, Patrick Stansbury (whose company is now collapsed, perhaps in large part because of information I had sent the FBI by secure server a year ago about his connections to GA Republican Congressman John Linder and Newt Gingrich and drugs brought in on US Air Force planes to Maxwell AFB then shipped to GA on UPS to be sold and fund Republican Party black ops on the internet that did NOT result in charges against any politicians, but whom many drug Mafiosa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico told me HAD resulted in the largest drug bust in GA history – over 100 dealers and traffickers. I believe Patrick was busted and is awaiting trial, although he refuses to answer my questions about what happened to him and his company), was having and continues to have conversations with Christal Presley s well. Her false felony stalking charges against me in Fulton County Georgia (Atlanta) are in the process of being removed, and although North Carolina authorities offered to extradite me to Georgia three times that I know of, the Sheriff in Georgia declined the offer each time. He knows the truth and I remain free.

In the past three days, I discovered in talking to one of the three gentlemen I spoke with who own tree-planting businesses, that one of them did business with Dan Coats, freshman as well as former US Senator from Indiana. He did a large landscape job for Sen. Coates at his either Landfall or Figure Eight Island property (the two largest gated developments for wealthy here in Wilmington, I forget which), and after completing negotiations with the Senator on price, the Senator’s wife chimed in and demanded to know what the CASH price would be. Hello?!? They did not know this tradesman and so I interpret this that they must have had a lot of the Republican Party unreportable cash to launder (maybe so, maybe NOT so) to take such a risk and suggest an implied illegal financial transaction. If you google info about Sen. Coates, you will see some disturbing things he has championed, including blocking legislation to close a tax loophole for a company he was once a lobbyist for, and which had moved much of its operations offshore to avoid US taxes. Also, one of his biggest liabilities in his recent election was that he had been nearly completely absent from Indiana in recent years – presumably living here in Wilmington during those years. I cannot say that he knew my parents when they lived here (1980-2000), but there IS something fishy and important in a Wilmington base of the Drug Mafia, whether he and my parents are actually part of it or not.

Please. It rained today and I have court tomorrow, so can’t work those days in my outdoors job. I will be on my own feet again financial soon, but I need more cash QUICKLY to pay the landlord and back utilities. If my parents, brother Mike, sisters Jane and Julie, and cousin Jan Opperman do not help me with money (at least a little) by the end of tomorrow, Wednesday April 6, 2011, I will take that as their decision to be divorced from me, although I will continue to love them and pray for a reconciliation some year or years in the future – likely after my parents, now 88 and near 93 and going strong die. My parents have controlled the whole family through psychological (and in my case, formerly with physical), terrorism for years – or maybe my parents haven’t been literal Nazis, but NO ONE gives me a believable explanation for the swastikas on the dinner plates we used growing up or my daily beatings lasting through junior high school. Give me that instead, and I will be happy. Aunts Pat and Jean both told me they NEVER saw those plates in grandma Meyer’s house when they visited. That is where Mom claims she got them.

Family, tell me the TRUTH, please! And those others of you I send this to in my extended Meyer branch of the family, I do NOT expect or demand donations from you, although they would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE DONATE HERE: www.walkingonglass.net . I just really wanted you to be witnesses as I communicate and get to the bottom of this bedeviling mystery. My last words from Mom: “you did all that, yes, BUT YOU TALK TOO MUCH.” No, Mom, you don’t like the CONTENT of my talk. She hung up on me.

Your future successes are in my thoughts and prayers, regardless your response or lack of it.

Love,

Scott

No comments: