Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sayonara, Newt!!!

Click on the image to blow up larger, then again, if you still can't read it.

First, zeesa pesach, Jews and jews (such as myself)!!!

Now, let's get busy and let Newt Gingrich be passed over today. The image above is a scan of a photocopy of my letter to Newt, that I sent him 21 years ago. In Stone Mountain, at that time, we had Congressman Cooter (Ben Jones who played Cooter on The Dukes of Hazzard), and since he had a bit of an alcohol problem then, I didn't trust him to deal with drugs. Newt always pretended he was against them. his congressional district was just south of Atlanta.

Shortly after I hand-delivered this letter to Newt's office manager in his then-congressional district (Interesting fact: Newt's pipe-smoking office manager and several other Republican aides-to-Congresspeople I met, all drove Lincoln Town Cars bearing the Southern Lincoln Mercury logo, as did many mafia types I had trouble with back then -- keep that in mind as you read the letter.) and was almost immediately held in jail for a total of 15 weeks by a judge who, in an empty court room, did not allow me to defend myself -- Judge Linda Warren Hunter (still on the bench, now promoted to Superior Court Judge), on charges that were trumped up and pressed by Lawrence Buchthal, my former employer at Mama Mia's Pasta & Pizza on Main St. in Stone Mountain. Interestingly, his brother Stanley Buchthal, produced the original 1989 John Waters' film, HAIRSPRAY, one of my favorite films of all time. That dealership disappeared years ago, but was on Scott Boulevard, across from where Church Street dumps into it.

Also, I was always totally certain of the drugs, and even followed one of the food delivery trucks to the Krystal hamburger joint on Memorial Drive, where packages were unloaded at about midnight (it was open late hours), then about 18 "customers" who had gathered inside and who had bought nothing, approached the front counter and were given Krystal bags, presumably containing drugs.

I later wrote Krystal's headquarters about this, and a month later received a written reply thanking me for my concern, stating they had investigated and found nothing. There was a coupon included for a few hamburgers, which I'm sure I used -- I always loved their little burgers.

No comments: