Friday, July 1, 2011

Imposters, Rogues, and Nazis: I Love My Family and Friends for Their Character -- I'm a WRITER!!!


Well, all turned to high comedy last night when Robbie Trahan called me from New Hanover County Jail. He needed about $50.00 beyond the twenty he had to make bail -- or so he claimed. He knew I had only my lucky penny, and when I told him I couldn't help him, he said got faux-angry (I know how ballistic Robbie is when he's actually angry), said he was going to tell the District Attorney Ben David (whom he had claimed was the one who arrested him -- not actually likely), "everything" about me, and then he slammed down the phone.

I burst into laughter like a fey hyena!!!

In a split instant, I realized:

1. Robbie is the most skilled con-man I ever heard of -- let alone know. He's up to something that is beyond my ken, but will tickle my innards when he returns from jail: someday.
2. All his stories about John Mayer, song-writing, etc. are PROBABLY false. There simply is no record of him on the internet -- at least the part I'm allowed to access. His claim that Dave Matthews of the Dave Matthews Band emailing him is another false claim -- probably suggested by Ben David to keep me interested. Another Ben David idea to keep me hangin' on: that Robbie is a commercial fisherman and can make any money at it.
3.Robbie's just a bum, actually. I DO believe he has some kind of child whom he would like to get custody of, although not as much as he likes to drink and get narcotics injections and pills in the hospital for free. He's in crisis because he knows he must grow up and accept responsibility for his sobriety -- the only way his drug-tortured body will continue to live -- but he's stuck crying like a baby.
4. Someone (not me) in a fit of deliberate or accidental wisdom, put Robbie in jail last night on charges of trespass with a bail of $500.00. There, he will get no alcohol or drugs, and will have to think clearly until later today, when he has a video hearing, or sometime in August, when he's scheduled to have his next hearing. NOT MY PROBLEM. Also: I'm not allowing him into my house if he takes another drink. Period. And I'm sorry he thought he had to impress me with his lies, although I DO appreciate his intelligence which I hope he uses more constructively in the future. His choice.
5. I spoke with my landlord this morning, and he said I can remain in the apartment until I make arraingements to move elsewhere. I thank him. He knows I really want to get out, and will ASAP. The neighborhood has quieted down and arrests of at least one person are immanent -- or have already happened.
6. Ben Wickham, my backer, and I made peace, and we will talk soon to see if he can help me one way or another.
7. My Aunt Doris (Dad's sister) died yesterday morning, which was probably a blessing, as she had deteriorated beyond conscious awareness. The funeral is expected to be Tuesday, and I hope to attend. Since my parents will BOTH be there, I will ask my cousins how they feel about my attending, as no one wants Mom and I have confront each other -- and we won't -- but they might not believe that I will "behave" myself, although it is my mother who is the confirmed top Nazi. Being a Nazi, she is quite well disciplined, so no one need worry about her. I'm the Truth-Teller, so not always as disciplined.
8. That's it for now!!!

Scott

No comments: