Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Annoucing KENAN EDUCATIONAL


This morning, I formed a new company which I hope to register in Wilmington, NC as KENAN EDUCATIONAL. Our first activity will be the walking tour, "Henry Flagler, Mary Lily Kenan, Tennessee Williams, and Me!" The subject matter necessitates the show-boating "Me" and exclamation point. It was at various times in my life a HUGE surprise that I was connected to ANY of these things -- let alone that they all have connection to the Standard Oil Trust in ways obvious or peculiar.


Additionally, I am taking on Kimberly Hoagland as my sales and marketing partner (the position that Evan Fish was to have had). Kimberly has degrees in Business/Accounting with a minor in writing and in Psychology. She has worked variously in outside sales, computer systems development, and programming. She has worked in programs to help integrate mentally and emotionally challenged individuals into society by teaching them practical coping skills. She has taught meditation in India.

We are hoping to begin the walking tour this weekend, but it might take a few more days, due to needing to raise funds to purchase two custom-printed marketing T-shirts, and all my notes and script are in the house I am temporarily barred from.

So I did want to share the good news and to let all know that Kimberly and I have scoured our minds and can find nothing to suggest there a chance of yet another kicking out of my feet from under me on this one.

No comments: