Monday, October 3, 2011

CORRECTION!!!



(Nice graphic, but I have NO EXCUSE!!!)

Ben David's jaw was NOT broken and he was NOT in a bar room brawl Saturday night. I doubt he was even in a bar. Someone in his office suffered this fate and I am guessing that the guy who landed the punch bragged (barroom braggadoccio) to his brother that it was actually Ben -- and then his brother told me, innocently, since I grilled him to see if he was telling the truth and he certainly seemed to think he was (and although drinking a beer in a bar, he was clearly not drunk).

I'd like to apologize to Ben David and his family for any unerned embarrassment I might have caused, although, really, the egg is entirely on MY face on THIS one (and THIS one only).

I'd like to thank Jennifer Harjo for setting me straight, and although it's been hours since I found out, I had used all my Library internet hours and did not know how to send this correction before tomorrow. (I DID leave voicemail for Dr. Ernie Thompson at First Presbyterian IMMEDIATELY.)

I'd like to thank the kindly librarian who allowed me a few minutes this afternoon after I explained my dillemma to get a few extra minutes to post this correction/apology.

Scott D. Kenan
.

No comments: