Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Local Terrorism Update:


In consultation with Officer Kearfoss (I think I remembered correctly -- he said I could use his name) in the Clerk of Court's Office at New Hanover County Court House these things were decided:

1. I will consider harder and check all my notes and blogposts to see if I actually have a SPECIFIC threat of death before filing a restraining order against James Sharpe.
2. Reserving judgement on whether or not to have "Numby" committed to a mental hospital or file charges is best for now, although he's the one who MANY times in the past several days has threatened my life. I still know that he and I have no logical reason to even argue. Why he acts as James Sharpe's defender is unclear.
3. Officer Kearfoss recommends instead (and he's aware that I told two managers of Red Cross Shelter of my intentions and they told me to act) that to avoid (hopefully) unnecessary legal complications to BOTH these people's lives -- as I prefer -- let the Shelter management kick them out if they harass me from now on. I agreed and last night Numby (I'm half-wanting to call him "Pickle-Head"!!!) was actually warned about this.
4. After I was at the Court House, Whitehead accosted me repeatedly while I worked on my computer and I did not respond or even look at him (he was at a computer station directly behind me). He apparently left of his own accord and Library management wrote up a report -- including his repeated death threats to me. They asked me to identify him to them if he ever returns to the Library as they do not want these kinds of people harassing patrons.
5. I have decided that given these new threats late this afternoon, I will have no choice but to file a CRIMINAL charge against "Numby" tomorrow as it's too late today. I thrust Shelter management can handle things in the meantime.

Also: I filed my "appeal" on the Domestic Violence Restraining Order brought by Brenda McKnight against me today and am about to mail it to Raleigh. Details on that tomorrow.

Sleep well, ALL!!!
Scott
.

No comments: