Thursday, October 27, 2011

Many Peoplia Not Only Upsidedownia, But Now Spinning Entirely Out of Control!!!


LOL!!! All heck broke loose last night at Mercy House Shelter after Pastor James laid down the law!!! (I'm trying to watch my language because I suspect -- since he sharply rebuked one resident who used the word "damn" in a question to the minister -- Pastor James was as much offended by language I'd accurately suggested was in the lyrics to a spontaneous song sung with gusto night-before-last when led by Rosencrantz.)

In fact, Rosencrantz first gained entry and took his bed, but later I noticed he had mysteriously disappeared and was not there later when the Pastor of ANOTHER church showed up to give him much needed new shoes for his "two-week fishing venture" that is alleged to commence today.

Guildenstern slept through it all (but not dinner, later).

>>> BTW: The graphic above is NOT meant to suggest ME. Oh wait a minute . . . I mis-read it. It says "coordinate", not "handle". I can't seem to coordinate much of anything at all right now, but I have been proven to be able to handle everything that's come down the pike -- and there've been some DOOZIES!!!

>>> WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, which bore almost no relationship to what some people voiced was happening:

Pastor James laid down (or decided to enforce) these rules:

1. All rents must be caught up PRONTO! or the rent-less must move out. He said the MAJORITY of residents (many of them having as many as THREE cell phones PLUS computers, game-players, video-players, MP3 players, etc. in their packs) were behind in their rent -- many of them seriously behind. He pointed out that if they can afford electronics, they can afford rent. And this situation has been going on for a long time DESPITE warnings by him and other staff.

2. All electronic devices (including cell phones) are ABSOLUTELY BANNED from Mercy House Shelter for at least seven years. (The time period was for dramatic effect, but might not be completely serious, in my opinion.) Even the person with a probation-GPS-device must get written evidence that it is court ordered to be allowed to stay and wear it. Pastor James had his LAST NERVE WORKED!!! These devices have been played and abused by many -- often keeping people awake after "lights out" for many months now, and no one (or nearly no one) listened to the MANY warnings given by staff.

3. All issues of things and from things not actually part of Mercy House are to be kept OUT of Mercy House. He specifically mentioned comments on Facebook pages and blog posts, which turned about half the eyes on me. He further elaborated the importance of posting only truthful things or being subject to Slander Laws and Cyber-Stalking Laws. I would add to that Libel Laws (I frequently suggest to those who accuse me of lying on this blog to sue me for Libel -- but no one has.)

>>> DISCLAIMER: While I have been charged twice with Cyber-Stalking, neither case has yet been settled in court. And actually, my Public Defender believes both will be thrown out -- for lack of evidence.

As soon as Pastor James left the facility last night, "Numby" (called that for his early, sexual precociousness) several times again promised to "dill" me or have me "dilled", WHILE WALKING AROUND INSIDE MERCY HOUSE SHELTER!!! (pickle-in-pants)

You can see why I think he's nuts and is more in need of psycho-adjustment than incarceration. But he IS improving: each time he threatened me, he did so with less vehemence and even toned down his words. The last couple of times he only said I would get mine -- and that that was NOT a threat. LOL -- of course not!!!

Anyway, I got stared down by several, and even one I had thought was more adult than most residents blamed ME -- despite most of the problems, ESPECIALLY THE ONES SO MANY HAD AND WERE A PART OF (non-payment of rent, abuse of electronic devices) having gone on LONG before I ever moved in.

At about 8:55 PM while on break outside (while we were being served dinner), a thug I'd never seen before, came up to me and asked if I was "the faggot who'd been blogging all the lies about 'everyone'." I guess Numby (maybe I should call him "Numby-the-Dilly") had already been at work on his not-yet-banned cell phone (rules crackdown begins today). I said "I do not respond when addressed in that manner," turned my back, and walked away.

>>> THE FUNNIEST PART: After a lot of grousing (we all -- including me -- were in a bit of a state of shock for Pastor James to have acted so severely, although fairly) several people said they planned to see Sister Isaac at Tileson Outreach, St. Mary's Catholic Church's service organization aiding the homeless -- in my view, the BEST not-a-shelter homeless services in town (Recently, Sister Isaac was honored by the Pope for her service!!!).

Sister Isaac can sometimes help with rent checks in modest amounts, typically no more than $40.00 and no more often than once every six months. What none of those Mercy House Shelter residents know is that I pledged 10% of my Tennessee Williams memoir's royalties (including movie rights, which I'm working to sell) to this charity -- although, so far the royalties have been small and I can't pay up until I'm first more on my own feet -- but I will soon.

Had I been able to send Sister Isaac those monies, these people who blame ME for their troubles with NO justification would be partially supported by ME -- AND I AM (OR RATHER: WOULD BE) FINE WITH THAT!!!

Talk about your UBER-LOL. Ha!!!

>>> STRANGE BUT TRUE: One resident named Geoffrey grew up on the north side of town and was an altar boy at St. Mark's Catholic Church when I occasionally visited my parents who lived in Wilmington in the 1980s and 90s. I went to Mass a couple of times with Mom and Dad back then, so have been crossing Geoffrey's path for quite a while now -- not that anything can be made of that . . .

Scott
.

No comments: