Saturday, January 14, 2012

. . . And Another Thing:


OK???

>>>: BUT BEFORE MY CEASE-FIRE CEMENTS: I want to mention something I forgot to mention this morning:

1. This morning, at about 7:12 AM, as I walked past Sen. Goolsby's Law Office on Chestnut Street, going to a cafe to write, I noticed his faux-hot little car with NC Senate plates out front. It was about half light, but NO lights were on in the offices. I certainly hope I did not cause Sen. Goolsby to be kicked out of his home by a wife who had had NO idea of all his clandestine activities!!!

I AGREE with Sen. Goolsby when he dressed in drag as a kindly neighborhood grandmother and tried to slap my ass to pieces in the comments at the bottom of this blog post: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/12/riding-wave.html .

His wife DOES seem to be a very nice lady -- and God knows she had her hands full that day!!! She was up to her elbows in dish suds, had one very young child in her arm, another clinging to her leg. It reminded me of old photos of Appalachian poverty -- except that even though her rich husband was paying for NO domestic help (which he could easily have afforded), and she was doing the best she could -- she was NOT complaining and her natural dignity shown through as she tried in vain to regain control of a wisp of hair that seemed intent on finding fly-away freedom.

I suppose if she's making him sleep at the office (or in one of the apartments upstairs -- I assume he owns the building), no one would blame her.

I hope the same is not true for Ernie Thompson. While the head minister of First Presbyterian helped me a lot with the church's help funds (at first), and I really think he's an incredible thinker, writer of sermons, and deliverer of them, he is probably the biggest of all my disappointments.

One day early on in my friendship with Dr. Thompson, I said something and he stunned me with his response: "Scott, I can't . . ." You see, while I had had nothing of the sort on my mind, he had taken something I said as a sexual pass -- which he was declining. But the shock of it was not THAT (I had put any such ideas completely out of my head ages before that), but that something had erroneously triggered that spontaneous response and I knew then and there he (like I once had) had thought of the idea of sex with me. He was not as straight as he seemed.

Now I would never tell this story as it is -- in itself -- NO ONE'S BUSINESS -- except that it might be the key to why he -- despite my EIGHT months of trying to warn him and get him to initiate his OWN investigation of Ben David's activities (rather than simply believe me), he STEADFASTLY refused to do that, and even uncomfortably suggested I might need psychiatric help.

I don't think he gets money from Ben David. I am forced to assume he either has had some kind of fling with Ben -- or has wanted to. And therefore, he put First Presbyterian's reputation as a shield for Ben David to hide behind as a DEACON.

There. I've said it. The ONE thing I didn't want to ever say. But also the only thing I have been able to find that makes all this make sense. I hope I'm wrong and NO ONE should think I KNOW THIS.

>>> THE REMEDY: Men be open about their complicated sexuality: with self first, then with partners -- an d ESPECIALLY with women in serious relationships -- BEFORE MARRIAGE. No one cares what anyone's preference is and no one cares what you act on. But in your actions, ALWAYS be honest and WORK THINGS OUT.

Women are fabulous and deserve SO MUCH BETTER than the lying men of Wilmington, NC are giving them (many, not all).

Thank you,
Scott
.

No comments: