Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Kenan Connection???


Coat of Arms of the Earl of Glencairn (REALLY!!!). See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Earl_of_Glencairn_Coat_of_Arms.svg .


>>> THIS EMAIL IN THIS MORNING. I dare say that I have REALLY been onto something to be getting not only all the extraordinary resistance from all manner of bold-faced NUT-BALLS like Ben David, Sen. Goolsby, et al, but the PAID assisins of Dick Cheney like the fake David Jones.

Now, we seem to be entering the Twilight Zone -- which as my Gentle Readers must have realized by now, is my EASIEST level of Reality to navigate. Perhaps it is my Home.

That said, as I continue to deal in day-to-day reality better and better, I remain uncommitted (nut-house-wise), un-jailed, and un-dead (aka: alive).

>>> I DO HOPE EVERYONE APPRECIATES MY SENSE OF HUMOR, and the promise of my future as a wealthy writer and "Gad-About-Town."

I won't pretend this has all been fun-in-the-moment, but really: WHO COULD HAVE ASKED FOR A MORE ADVENTUROUS LIFE???


I will post in the email I recieved this morning, and then work on writing about what I there-in promise to write, so stay tuned . . .

Scott


* * *

TITLE: Re: interestin​g blog

From: Scott Kenan
11:51 AM (0 minutes ago)
To: David Kenan
Hi David,
And thanks for writing!!!

A quick look in THE KENAN FAMILY (I only have the 1967 edition, which does not contain ALL descendants of the three brothers who landed in Wilmington, NC in the 1730s -- or any other Kenans who may have come over separately, or those born after the mid-1960s) shows the ONLY David Kenan to be my father's first cousin who would now be over 100 years old, so I doubt that's you!

Strangely, earlier today when I googled "graencaer gaelic dialect" I got no dialect, but I DID get a graencaer area of Belfast and a set of whiskey drinking glasses -- but now I get absolutely nothing!!! (Later correction: these google results were for "Glencairn", David's stated middle name. I got NO RESULTS for "graencaer gaelic dialect".)

Please, DO tell me more about these things that seem to be so under the radar!!!

And speaking of things under the radar, I FINALLY got around to googling for the whereabouts of the five children of the late James Graham Kenan ("Uncle Jimmy" and brother of Frank Hawkins Kenan) and his wife Anne Clay Kenan of Atlanta who had been so kind to me in 1990. They are listed in the genealogy as born and then never mentioned again (like Elizabeth Kenan, daughter of Thos. S. Kenan III's brother Owen Graham Kenan and Elizabeth (Price) Gwyn Kenan, born in 1967. I presume this one is the one now in the decoration business that I have referenced in this blog).

I DID discover that two of children of J.G.K. were Catholic clergy and died without issue. It's quite confusing because some of the children seem to have used the surname Clay, yet "Uncle Jimmy's" wife was born of parents surnamed Clay, so I think that precludes any unmentioned children-from-a-previous-marriage -- especially since it says Jimmy married "MISS Anne Clay at Runnymeade Farms, Paris, KY. The Clays of course are an illustrious family known partially for horse breeding and Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby.

Best I can figure is that Uncle Jimmy (stated to have passed the GA bar, but actually was employed running the various Kenan enterprises from his office in Atlanta), had children who wished to have privacy (or went under the radar to not be noticed in their "Kenan business"), and while Frank Hawkins Kenan proved himself by developing many businesses on his own, he also helped in Kenan enterprise running and then his son Thomas S Kenan III has carried at least the Public Mantle since his Dad's death.

The Kenan Heritage is something that is QUITE A MYSTERY!!! And part of that mystery is the family's history in Scotland and Ireland before the 1730s. The genealogy book concentrates on the bloodlines of the American Immigrant brother Thomas Kenan's wife, Elizabeth Johnston(e), whose lines run up the Stuarts in Scotland to Charlemagne, etc., but NOT the Kenan story except to say they came from Scotland and spent some years in Ireland before coming to North Carolina.

As to my spiritual contact with others through "the vapors or the ethers", I must say that I actually have NONE of that. My use of those terms had been what writers call "use of a literary device." That said, I DO have a story to tell to FINALLY be precise about some of my contact with Tennessee Williams, some Kennedys, and even the hysterical President Washington, which I hope to blog about later today.

Do stay in touch and please send me any info or links to these things that you have.

Yours in "Kenanhood",
Scott

PS: Are you cute and frisky by any chance???
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM, David Kenan wrote:

Dear Mr. Kenan,

It is interesting to read the blog comments you post. I have a google search preprogrammed and see our Kenan family name come up frequently.

Do you speak or read the graencaer gaelic dialect of our ancestors? Do you have any spiritual contacts with them through the vapors or the ethers?

Yours Truly,
David Glencairn Kenan
.

No comments: