Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Night Cap


 

>>> 1/10/2012: Jimmy Soni, Arianna Huffington’s 26-year-old chief of staff and Kenan Institute for Ethics Advisory Board member named managing editor of Huffington Post

Congratulations to Kenan Institute for Ethics Advisory Board member and Duke alum Jimmy Soni on being named managing editor of the Huffington Post. Forbes and the Atlantic Wire have more information on his appointment.
Huffington's memo to staff, which Pompeo posted in full, has this to say about Soni: "Born in Toulouse, France, and a graduate of Duke University, Jimmy is tri-lingual – French, Hindi, and English – an avid marathon (and barefoot!) runner, a swing dancer, and the author of a new book coming out this fall on Cato the Younger, a Roman Senator most famous for opposing Caesar."

* * *

>>> EMAIL: Re: At times it will be best...

From: Scott Kenan

10:58 PM (1 hour ago)

To: Joseph


Everything is fine. I'm checked in and watched the speech. No falling for Mr. Goodbar. No advertising campaign.

This afternoon right after I finished blogging, I stepped out for a smoke. A young black guy about 25 whom I'd never seen before, walked up pushing a child in a buggy and said, "Mr. Kenan, I just want you to know that I read your blog all the time and I want to thank you."

I was a little startled to realize that this was the first time anyone had thanked me -- and then I was overwhelmed by how worthwhile this one man made me feel about every single bit of it. He even went on to refer to my doing it for everyone.

Of course I was also reminded how kind the entire black community has been to me. I haven't reported it only because I always have something more pressing and I simply forget it, but black folks are always waving and calling Hi to me from their cars, and a lot of times when I'm walking around town and they're stopped at a light, they'll roll down their windows and offer me a ride.

I fear no evil.

Scott

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Joseph wrote:

to check into a hotel for a short stay.

Don't advertise it to others.

Don't blog about it.

Don't bring flirtatious Mr. Goodbar into your room so he can give you the best sex you ever had. 



Wyndham Robertson greeting Betty Kenan, widow of Frank Hawkins Kenan. Hand of Thomas S. Kenan III waiting to refresh, as is his God-Granted Kenan Nature.

.

No comments: