Saturday, February 4, 2012

Celebrating the Memory of Ben Gazzara/North Carolina OFFICIALLY in the GULAG (seperate events)


Ben Garrara and Barbara Bel Geddes in original Broadway production of CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF, 1955. See the BRILLIANT documentary film which includes footage of these two from the original production by my personal friend Rick McKay: http://www.amazon.com/Broadway-Golden-Legends-Were-There/dp/B000649YA2/ 

“Broadway” is the most important, ambitious and comprehensive film ever made about America’s most celebrated indigenous art form. It is award-winning filmmaker Rick McKay’s journey over 4 continents and 5 years to find out whether there had been a golden age of theatre and why it had never been documented. He soon learned that great films can be restored, fine literature can be kept in print – but historic Broadway performances of the past are the most endangered. They leave only memories that, while more vivid, are more difficult to preserve. In their own words – and not a moment too soon - “Broadway” tells the stories of our theatrical legends, how they came to New York, and how they created this legendary century in American theatre."

Rick's follow-up film will be out in August!!!: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758736/ .

* * *

>>> IN RESPONSE to an email about my six-month-old cell phone:

Mornin'!
Well, I would if I needed needed a new battery (mine performs fine -- except when politics flairs up), but as mainstream media has been reporting for several years now, unless you actually TAKE OUT your battery, both Law Enforcement and criminals can hack into your phone and operate your microphone to listen and camera to see -- even when a phone is powered off. and, of course, they can cell-phone-tower triangulate you within about 100 feet.
This was the problem that caused my battery to lose a FULL charge in 12 hours although I didn't use the phone, and I faced a whole NUMBER of problems when I returned to downtown -- all of them petty nuisances, which I'll detail on my blog, unless of course I continue here and then paste into blog, as I am prone to do from time to time. That Sprint would have NO SERVICE available in a place that always had STRONGEST SIGNAL for the ten or so minutes I was trying to call my Public Defender makes me wondeer if the service was actually out or my phone had been hacked to make it APPEAR TO BE OUT.
1. Yesterday, when I picked up my mail I had a letter from the Voters Registration Office claiming I had signed a petition to allow a new third party to be on the NC ballot (I had in fact done this). But here's the rub: THEY CLAIM THAT I AM NOT REGISTERED TO VOTE!!! (meaning my signature was not counted) They DID enclose forms to register to vote.
The fact IS that I AM registered to vote and have my registration card in my wallet. I voted last fall in the election. Same address and everything as shown on the letter. But dig this: although (knowing they are picky about matching records) I made sure to sign the petition including my middle name so that I EXACTLY matched records. The letter I got yesterday does NOT show my middle name (and really -- especially since I have a verified WORLD-WIDE UNIQUE NAME -- you'd think if first and last names match as well as address, you have a match of people).
Logically, I can conclude that either:
1. They DELIBERATELY made a "human error" so that my signature did not count. If you are that picky, you can't easily make this error accidentally.
2. They DELIBERATELY have somehow voided my voters registration becasue I'm a registered Democrat and the Republicans in NC are doing ANY AND EVERY THING to disenfranchise Democrats, regardless their race -- but especially minorities.
3. It's simply harassment to make me spend the time and money to look into it, which will require at least one physical visit to their inconveniently located office.

2. ANOTHER HARASSMENT STORY, but not about me: Last night I was speaking to one of the Mercy House reisdents who had gone that day to his probation officer to pay his "Exit Fee" (that's what he called it. In NC you have to pay a monthly fee to cover the cost of BEING on probation, and if you can't or don't you GO TO JAIL). This was to be the finalization of his term of probation, but not until AFTER HE PAID IT, did they tell him "something came down from the State (they DIDN'T tell him what), and you have to remain on probation." He was so shocked, he did not think to ask how long -- and they didn't tell him -- but THEN, when he asked for the return of the Exit Fee, THEY REFUSED!!! He's heart-broken, confused, and angry, and thinks he canoot go forward with his plans to continue to turn his life around. My heart really went out to him.

3. Last night I went by U-Haul to store my computer before signing in at Mercy House. I had to ask my M.H. nemesis, Jessie Jones (who clearly had not read or heard about what I've written about him on my blog) for the second "universal U-Haul" key that besides my own is needed to get in. We had a discussion, and in it I learned:
That this past Thursday night, he had called to warn them he would be late checking in, but the night captain (same one I mentioned yesterday of day before "tall, thin, black guy" told him he could NOT come late becasue he was behind in payments, so he was left to stay elsewhere. Jessie told me he got angry and told the captain that he was FAR better connected to the MOST POWERFUL PEOPLE IN WILMINGTON (Ben David? Sen. Goolsby?) and that he WOULD NOT have to endure THAT again. he said he would go WAY OVER Rev. James's (minister in charge of running the shelter) head -- AND APPARENTLY HE DID!!!
Because LAST NIGHT, he got in EARLY, when as a person NOT PAID (and worse, owing back rent), he had no reservation, so should have had to wait until 7:30 to see if there were any beds left. BUT DIG THIS!!!:
A few minutes later, still before 7:30, he was going person to person outside asking people if they had any "pain killers" to sell (after checking the corrugated drain pipe by the spigot to see if he had anything there)!!! HA!!! He couldn't find any narcotics because NO ONE THERE (that I know of) sells drugs there any more. AND EVERYONE WAS GIVING HIM DIRTY LOOKS AND NOT SPEAKING TO HIM LAST NIGHT!!! (and he's got a bed on the far side instead of under me, now, so I don't have to endure his all-night-long noxious DRUG FARTS. Praise Jesus!!!
4. This morning's paper reports that Police Chief Ralph Evangelous is getting pro-active and giving letters to repeat petty criminals warning them that Police are watching them. If this in NOT for Political Crimes, I SALUTE HIM!!! (and the town seems nearly emptied already of the ones that had been harassing me!!!)
5. Today's paper ALSO reports that the Repubican-controlled State Legislature is CONTINUING the fight not to join the National Data-Base of sex-crime offenders (causing them to lose MILLIONS in Federal crime-stopping dollars. Now, I have mixed feelings about this database (while deeming sex crimes as the WORST of crimes). But HERE is the DIRTY LITTLE NORTH CAROLINA SECRET and why they don't want to join:
In North Carolina, the Legislature made it so that ANYONE convicted of "indecent exposure" including drunks trying to pee privately in an alley but getting caught OR THE CORRUPT POLICE AND DISTRICT ATTORNEY FIND FALSE WITNESSES TO SWEAR THEY WITNESSED YOU PEEING IN A SECRET PLACE, is AUTOMATICALLY -- WITH NO EXCEPTIONS -- placed on the North Carolina Sex Offender's List and MUST register, LIVE NEAR or visit NO SCHOOL, AND HAVE THE PUBLIC SEE THIS WHEN PUBLIC RECORDS ARE ACCESSED -- INCLUDING BY POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS, effectively keeping them UNEMPLOYABLE IN NORTH CAROLINA.
>>> This charge is used to punish POLITICAL ADVERSARIES ONLY.
>>> North Carolina does not want to join the National Database SOLELY BECAUSE IT WOULD EXPOSE HOW REPUBLICANS HAVE ALREADY INSTUTED NAZI POLICIES IN THIS STATE!!!
 
>>> AND IF NORTH CAROLINA SEX OFFENDERS (INCLUDING THOSE WHO WERE PUNISHED FOR OPPOSING REPUBLICANS OR THEIR HEROIN AND COCAINE OPERATION IN WILMINGTON) GOT INTO THE NATIONAL DATABASE, THE CORRUPTION WOULD SOON BE INVESTIGATED -- BRINGING DOWN THE ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY IN NC.
 
Really.
6. And there's more that I've learned in the last 24 hours, but this is enough for now.
>>> DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE CONTINUING CELL PHONE AND INTERNET TROUBLES??? It's OK though. I have now been in four more HIGH STRENGTH (full bars) WiFi hot spots, and CONTINUE to have Facebook, Blogger, Gmail, Huffington Post now ESPECIALLY, and other services freeze, not work right, work slowly, or the entire computer freeze at times. I know how to get around ALL these toubles, and with this NEW computer, do so MUCH FASTER than the old. You see, the newest, most powerful viruses, Trojan horses, etc., are sent to MY computer before norton or others even know about them to fight them because of MY POLITICS.
Yet I remain just fine, safe, and with a Jim-Dandy sense of humor. LOL!!!
Scott

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM, AN EMAILER wrote (I had told him my cell phone battery went from FULL charge to nearly empty in 12 hours, inexplicably):

Get a new battery.
* * *

continuing

No comments: