Friday, February 10, 2012

The LOVE Wave!!!


Click to expand to read.

>>> Hi Friend,

I hope you saw the posting today about Marrakesh. I think THAT has been put totally to bed now -- although you never know what surprise might come next. Also, I love the way you discovered that to get me to write about something on YOUR mind, you ask me probing questions -- guaranteed to set me thinking. That makes it SOOO much easier to write on a subject than asking out-right, like you did about a month ago, and I never seemed to get to it (I think-- I no longer even remember the subject).

The reason I sat down to write this time is to ask for a small infusion of cash. I'm down to $32.48 in the bank and no cash on hand. Now, I've been thinking a number of things including:

1. Since I'm meeting with my sister tomorrow, she MIGHT have some money from my family -- or cough up a few bucks herself. I've been pretty rough with them lately, and MOSTLY have given up on expecting ANYTHING much from them, so maybe best to wait until after I see her before thinking about an amount. Stranger miracles have happened, but I'm not holding my breath. Let's wait.

2. Previously, I would have hoped to get more before things ran so low, but I deliberately have allowed it for a few reasons.

A. Everything is going to well and I am too well liked by too many people now. I HAVE SINGLE-HANDEDLY TURNED AROUND THE ATMOSPHERE AT THE SHELTER, and instead of selling each other drugs, thugging each other not to be "snitches" and NEVER having fun or REAL conversations (or watching at least semi-intelligent TV), people now ACT LIKE HUMANS WHO CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER. Also, some of the ones who think they like women ACTUALLY HAVE FOUND NICE GIRLFRIENDS. Previously, they were all talk and lies -- no sex except when they got some money and "did" a crack whore or something.

I WON'T be needing to stay in hotels AT ALL going forward (for reasons of personal safety, anyway). NO ONE hassles ME in the shelter (and some of the night captains have expressed gratitude to me for this change).

B. When things were tense, I ended up spending more money than i would have liked to for quick/easy meals when I felt super-pressured to blog FOR MY SAFETY (or a beer to relax -- or a small treat (big for me now -- small for me when I had my own money). And spending a little here or there made me feel like a real human -- something that I had missed for too long.

This is NO LONGER NECESSARY -- at least at the previous levels. In fact, I have enjoyed getting back to more stringent economizing (it's a fun game of strategizing to squeeze as much value out of a nickle/food stamp credit as possible), so the delay until I see if I get anything from Jane will also help me in my renewed CHEAP-ASSED-KENAN mode.

C. Best news#1: Nearly EVERYONE I pass on the street seems to know me and are friendly. Failed-to-be-elected-to-City-Council Republican Napier Fuller-- one of my TOP supporters -- tells me that "THOUSANDS of Wilmingtonians read and love my blog, and it continues to crack him up. YES, he LOVED how I titled the posting yesterday where I OUTED the Police Chief's CRACK "WHORE" habits!!! http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2012/02/wilmington-nc-police-chief-ralph.html .

I have no idea how many hits I REALLY get because of peculiarities on the Blogger Statistics that yesterday began about 150 short of 100,000 ever hits. I was waiting to verify it crossed the 1000K mark to announce it, but instead, the next time I looked, total hits were DOWN to just over 85,000!!! REALLY -- just like when I was downloading the SMALL photo of Police Chief Ralph Evangelous (which should have taken no more than two seconds) it took FIVE MINUTES -- and in the middle of it, I watched the "download progress slide" ACTUALLY GO BACKWARDS, unloading nearly all of it before reversing again and FINALLY downloading the whole thing. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FILE "UNLOAD" LIKE THAT BEFORE.

The chumps just don't matter anymore. In fact, they might be packing their bags to leave town now. HA!!!

D. Best news#2: I think nearly ALL the cops are starting to enjoy their jobs again -- and remembering WHY THEY WANTED TO BE PEACE OFFICERS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Because I broke the David/Goolsby/Evangelous NAZI GRIP when I blogged about Ralph's little CRACK PROBLEM. And I hear-tell that the police chief on the other side of the river recently FAILED a drug test. He claimed someone had improperly swapped the phials of sample -- AND THEN REFUSED TO TAKE A NEW TEST. I think they laughed him out of town. LOL!!! (I'm not sure of the details here because I don't have time to research it properly -- but this re-counting is TRUE in essence.)

SOOO much more good news that I just am not up to posting. I want to relax this afternoon. Here's a little secret on how I've spent some of your money. I wanted to relax late afternoon TWO days in a row with James and Jersey. (Disclaimer: The cops didn't LITERALLY give them "Flaming Amy" the "crack whore", but they both liked the story so much they said I didn't have to change it.)

Anyway, I took them Wed. 5PM to an outdoor bar and we had two rounds of regular beer each (on YOUR dime since they were broke $18.00 including tip). I wanted to see how they were in a real bar -- and they were as pokey drinking as me, and acted like "normal" people. We had a blast!!! Then yesterday, they each had a dollar and with those and five more of yours, I bought a six-pack which we went under a bridge and drank -- just as slowly and having as much fun, especially me, who hadn't been under a bridge since living there back in August for six days or so.

Here's my bottom line on this: Neither of them drank or acted like alcoholics AT ALL. I think the problems they get into are buying those damn CRUNK JUICE things, which cost the same as a cheap single can of regular beer, but have 12% alcohol, added "uppers", and honest-to-God: make you poop GREEN and it totally fluoresces under a black light -- I'm TOLD by many but have never had one. http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/12/this-morning-after-leaving-place-where.html . When broke, homeless seem to  ALWAYS choose Crunks, seeing them as the BEST VALUE in alcohol -- which they ARE -- but who knows what else is in that crap.

Anyway, although I wish I'd been more judicious with your money, I sure got a lot done while spending it -- and in MY opinion, The City of Wilmington ought to GIVE YOU AN AWARD for all the benefits coming to my having exposed so much corruption. Soon the dang NATION should do it, although I am INTENDING (we all know how successful my intentions to this have been. lol) to copy the text of WALKING ON GLASS, FINAL, from PDF into Word. It will lose all the formatting, but I need to go through the whole thing and reformat for AMAZON print anyway, most likely, and decide WHERE to put photos, etc. I'm no longer convinced its worth wasting more time or money getting the WORD DOC that is locked on that CD somewhere -- AND WHICH I'D ASKED ERNIE THOMPSON AT FIRST PREZ TO BE SURE TO SAVE SAFELY. Of course he claims he can't find it or remember getting it -- ALTHOUGH HE CONFIRMED RECEIPT AT THE TIME. What a MO-FO Ernie turned out to be.

But I talked to some top people at a different Presbyterian church, telling them only that I had had a "catastrophic" political falling-out with Ernie and that I found Presbyterianism to be metaphysics with a thin veneer of Christianity. THEY TOOK THAT AS A COMPLIMENT (as well as without asking, immediately seemed to know what it was to have a falling out with Ernie), so I might do that Sunday for a nice break and some intellectual stimulation.

You see, Friend, your kindness is not just rippling out -- its causing seismic waves and tsunamis!!! But I WILL be more frugal in the future.

Scott



 .

No comments: