Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mama Mia: Where's MY Song???


I googled my mother's name, hoping to find a picture of her that I DO NOT have on the internet. Instead (there WERE none), I'm posting this image which DID come up from my August 26, 2010 blog post "Mercy Me", posted from Puerto Vallarta, and chock full of interesting things, which will appear lower in THIS posting. Clearly my "potty-mouthyness" is nothing new.

>>>: QUICKLY: It's Sunday and I have to get to U-Haul to store EARLY, as it closes at 5:00.

I chanced on these scans of my mother's notes that probably date back to when I was first consulting a psychiatrist (Dr. Waggenheim) in 1978 and had begun the process of selling my 25% ownership in http://www.whalestalecapemay.com/ to Chuck and Hilary, the other two active partners at that time.

Click to see larger:

You can see that it was at this time that my mother learned that Lithium CAN cause chemical diabetes and that therapeutic levels were then thought to be higher than later realized. Correcting a couple of my own errors, I have to say this must have been the first detailed knowledge of Lithium that my mother had. Years later, she spent many trips going to the Veterans' Hospital in Lower Alabama were her brother lived, claiming he had "mono-polar" (a totally illogical word and diagnosis that no longer exists), and MAKING the doctors there keep him his Lithium level up to at least 1.5, which DID IN FACT induce "chemical diabetes" which he eventually died a painful death of.

This next page was probably written earlier, but although I DO still have possession of all these notes, it is not now convenient for me to pull them out to be certain:



The main thing to me here is that this is ABSOLUTE PROOF that Chuck Pritchard (at least) ACTUALLY GAVE A SHIT!!! I'd forgotten about this.

>>> AND: Mom didn't LIKE that Dr. W. (Waggenheim) thought they were overly concerned -- read that I was not so terribly mentally ill. Then she found a Dr. Hussong -- all the way across the mainline suburbs, Philadelphia, and the Delaware River (in Cherry Hill, NJ) who agreed to give me a more VIOLENT LITHIUM REGIMEN!!!

>>>THERE IS MUCH MORE in the original posting here. The Tim "bulldog" is the same Tim Wilson who with his boyfriend put up Fernando Merino in his condo, and later opened the computer sales and repair shop in Puerto Vallarta, whose website and email have stopped working the last month.

See: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2010/08/mercy-me.html .

* * *

I spoke with my mother earlier this afternoon, trying to get past the impasse. She could not accept a truce without demanding I go on "medication" -- and if I'd agreed to that, she'd have moved the damn goal post anyway. She confirmed she's still watching Fox News almost non-stop. It was NOT a pretty end to the conversation -- and I hung up on her.

Then Robbie Trahan (whose taken to calling me more than once a day) called to say he wrote a song for or about me, and he's going to work with his nephew to upload it where I can snatch it off the internet.

Could it prove to be more cooler than being made an HONORARY JEW by the Reiners of Hollywood???

Stay tuned . . .

Scott

.

No comments: