Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Morning After

Well, let's hope it doesn't come to THIS!

>>> AFTER WHAT, I'm not yet sure.

>>> Answer to an email from A Reader:


Oh Lord -- now you've turned into a CARD, so I will attempt to match your hand (within).

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM, A Reader wrote:

I'm sure Mr. Marrakesh is going to invite you (Wilmington's newest Food Critic) and date to free lunch. Here's some essential Moroccan:

Come here!---Aji!

bread---khobz

water---maa

This is delicious!---Hadshi bneen!

Thanks be to God I'm full!---Adhamdullilah ana shbe't!

>>> Well, you might be right and your help here might actually be practical.



For the Academy Awards, get a room for two, a bucket of Kentucky Fried, and a half gallon of Shiraz.

>>> And I have to GUESS who's coming for dinner??? Makes me feel like Babs Streisand!!!



Self-published books are never perfect, so not to worry. But I do recollect that twice you wrote "waived the paper in the air" (should be waved), and several times you spelled Hemingway correctly, but several times Hemmingway. I still intend to review your book, but compulsively just keep reading more and more books.

>>> THANKS for the pointers!!! (and the Republican-esque promise. LOL!!!) NB:I actually closed my parenthesis/es!



With your camera, can you capture some tasty shots around town for posting on your blog?

>>>Why, yes I can!!! I've been so long without a camera, I'd forgotten I HAVE one (and found the plastic lens shield for packing was still intact and on it).



In downloading pics from the internet, I intuit a cable-connected computer is smoother than WiFickle.

>>> An Ethernet cable is ALWAYS better, but this had nothing to do with the down-counting of blog hits or UN-downloading of that photo.



Your caries cannot be indefinitely postponed. Think that 1st Prez guy will still take you? If you presently owe him, let's pay it. Then first is your 3-sided cavity. A dentist should require you to pay in advance at each visit.

>>> Oh boy. 1. I don't owe him -- he said the x-rays and exam were free. 2. I have no problem calling the Police Chief a "Crack Whore" but have been afraid to re-approach the dentist since he was in my class at First Prez (which means little for his actual "siding" for me or Ernie -- WHICH HE NEEDN'T DO ANYWAY (and he's probably not knowledgeable enough to know in any case).



Hope your Saturday in Lumberton is a positive experience.

>>> Me too. HA!!! Two hours with a shrink. I'm going to be completely honest and transparent and let the chips fly were they may. (I wonder if the result from THIS SSI testing can be used in court?)

* * *

>>> SOME NEWS:

Over the past few days, I have had SEVERAL people come up to me and ask me about what I blogged about Kim (a guy) who leads some of the horse-drawn tours of Wilmington, and NATURALLY, one of them had a THOROUGHLY fictitious idea of what I wrote, told to them by people "who don't lie."

A. That I had said Kim was selling crack cocaine "out of the horse's ass." This one gets the award for MOST CREATIVE!!! But truth be told, I wouldn't believe THAT one if I witnessed it MYSELF. (Two people claimed I had blogged this).

B. That I had said Kim sells drugs. I didn't say this either, but it is understandable that an UNTHINKING PERSON with LOW READING COMPREHENSION would come up with this.

>>>WHAT I DID WRITE:

That the female Assistant District Attorney who handles cases in District Court (known to me, primarily as "Miss Coca Leaf") had put word out on the street asking street people to get her evidence that Kim TRANSPORTS drugs.

I never claimed he actually sells drugs. I don't even know if "Miss Leaf" actually asked people to gather evidence. That I further reported that after telling that to one of the other drivers, he said something to the effect that "that explains a lot," and that a postal letter-carrier had said "He only makes his route because the horses know the way," ONLY proves that those two people have A SENSE OF HUMOR.

So please -- lighten up, y'all!!!

Thank you,
Scott

.

No comments: