Sunday, March 25, 2012

The ONLY News That Matters!!!


Nave in the theater for production of IN MASKS OUTRAGEOUS AND AUSTERE

>>> REPLY TO THE PRODUCER:


Hi Victor,

You cannot imagine the shock of delight and gratitude that reverberated through my entire being when I received your email a few minutes ago -- just after I recovered my computer from a MASSIVE cyber-attack that took MANY hours of concentration to work my way to successful resolution.

Frankly, I'm speechless -- but that never stopping me, I will first answer your question about the image. I would certainly believe this is Frank, but I cannot verify it.

I had to take a while to look through some of your materials online (not all of which -- including the vimeo site -- come through completely here as I'm in a restaurant with Gideons in the Wifi, so it is partially CENSORED. HA!).

I saw that your group is the one that had contracted John Uecker to work on the manuscript. Last I saw John (in NYC, late 2009), he said he had had to remove some things to sort of tame the chaos -- including the character I found is NOT REMOVED (and whom John was certain was based on me). You see, although I had been invited to be on two panels at the 2010 Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Film Festival, when Alyson Books cancelled the contract and collapsed, publishing NONE of the 30 books slated for Spring release (mine was to be featured non-fiction release, hardcover), Paul Willis, the Exec. Dir., sent me an email cancelling my panel participation, there no longer being any reason to put me on the "I Remember Tennessee" panel (or more obviously, one about my book).

They eventually gave my place to Edward Albee, whom I'd met while working for Tennessee. I heard the audio later and Albee was astounding!

I need to get this off and allow the most-welcome-news of your production to continue to percolate through my being (and to keep the tears of my joy-weeping from shorting out this computer).

I will move whatever I find I have to move to be there, but can tell you I anticipate no problems doing that.

I'm attaching a copy of my memoir in pdf. It's also available from Amazon in Kindle Edition here: http://www.amazon.com/WALKING-ON-GLASS-TENNESSEE-ebook/dp/B0053480S2 . Reviews are here: http://www.amazon.com/WALKING-ON-GLASS-TENNESSEE-ebook/dp/B0053480S2 .

While I REALLY don't care about credit -- I just want Tom's work to be produced faithfully -- I must tell you that seeing my name on your site has completely blown me away. I wouldn't even know where to begin to explain that to you, but I was treated quite rudely by the New Orleans Williams Festival in 2010 after Alyson Books cancelled my contract and collapsed -- failing to publish any of the 30 books slated for Spring 2010 release. And I've had some additional troubles as well.

The news of your productions makes all things worthwhile.

Scott
XXX-XXX-XXXX cell

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Victor Syrmis wrote:

Hi Scott, Victor here one of the producers of the much anticipated Masks Outrageous. We are reconfiguring the 'nave' area (the model gives you a perspective - it's quite high) in the foyer on the Bleeker Street Theater in NYC and have this pic. We're sure it's Frank but Joe Jeffreys said you would know. I recall seeing Frank's name on the picture when we photographed it  but I thought I'd pass it by you.

Will you be able to come?

April 6th (previews) - May 26th...NYC Opening Night April 16th 

Best


Victor Syrmis
Producer

In Masks Outrageous And Austere
Tennesse Williams’ last play

www.masksoutrageous.com
http://vimeo.com/38243290


.

No comments: