Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Mother the Car/Card/Jewess(???)


One of MANY images referring to  SEVERAL key victories for GOD'S PEOPLE today!!!


I didn't pay much attention to the Judge in the MILLION-DOLLAR HAIRCUT TRIAL, but I DO know a few things:

1. He's a FEDERAL judge, not NC Court System judge like the ones I've commented on -- although he's located in "polarized" North Carolina, as all the talking heads now call it.

2. From what I've heard in the media (although I didn't research him or the reports at all on my own), he took painstaking care to keep a potential THREE-RING-CIRCUS trial (which it sometimes was, sometimes wasn't), on a professional keel.

3. The main irregularity was the political motivation of the charges (if that allegation by ALL the talking heads I've watched can be trusted -- and I perceive that it can).

4. Watching John Edwards' after-statement a few times now, I see why Thomas S. Kenan III had at first backed John Edwards for President in 2008:

A. He calmly and confidently LEGALLY played his best hand throughout the trial.
B. His statement after the verdict showed (although a tad over-effusive for my taste), sober honesty and a clear understanding of his errors, if not legal guilt. He seems now a man truly tested and one who has passed the "test of being a man" (fully-adult human, gender unimportant). This is what my KENAN Family seeks to make possible and real for all people on earth, eventually, through emphasis on Education and Ethics.
C. On the other hand -- if he's just the world's best actor, I'm OK with that -- as long as he stays in character.

Perhaps Bakunas is related to Britneva -- in spirit, if not in blood. I've heard from quite a few people that the photo I posted of the pair from Wikipedia convinced THEM he HAS to be gay. For the record, I don't know.

I miss the connection that "My Mother the Jew" would be a good title for Ms. Lavin -- or what exactly she would use it for (other than the just-now-coming-into-my-
perception notion that she is the genuinely mature, psychological/financial parent of the dependent Steve Bakunas -- and, although I'd forgotten all about it, I know she is a Jew (no WONDER I like her so much!!!).

I have read many places that the gentiles with Jew-associated surnames like Meyer are actually descended from Jews who converted to save their lives during one Pogrom or another. Also that Meyer translated is "smith" (one who works with his hands).

Self-oddity confession: I GREATLY prefer all the now-disallowed "-ess" words -- SIMPLY BECAUSE I FIND THEM EUPHONIC: Jewess, laundress, actress, stewardess, Negress (that one is admittedly too emotionally stimulating to use -- probably Jewess too).

But I must tell you that my FIRST impression about your title is that it might replace "My Mother the Car" (dadaist/media-reference approach) or "My Mother the Card" (reference to passing signals through order of cards in Duplicate Bridge card game boards -- as well as simultaneous lighthearted second title meaning to VERY SERIOUS story.

As you know, my mother's maiden name was Meyer (actually the Dutch variant Meijer, which is pronounced the same way), but force-changed to the German spelling at Ellis Island as her grandparents passed through around 1880. I have the family tree my mother researched in the 1970s after feeling "left out" when the first edition of THE KENAN FAMILY was published in 1967.

And I know the REMARKABLE story of how Mom's grandfather came to America out of jealousy that his older brother inherited ALL their father's estate (minor, because he was the caretaker of a large dairy farm in NW Germany -- the jealously arising because this was at the time that estates were beginning to be divided equally among children -- or at least the males ones -- and the older brother ran with the cash to Indiana).

The youngest brother remained and assumed his father's position as caretaker of the landowner's estate. The one I am descended from followed his brother to Indiana, hoping to cash in SOMEHOW and to SOME EXTENT. He never found his older brother.

What my mother discovered during several years of researching and compiling that Meyer family tree, is that the descendants of the oldest brother actually settled in the NEXT county to that where my great-grandfather settled (Franklin) -- in Indiana -- and that the oldest son and his sons all eventually became HORSE THIEVES. HA!!!

Also, the youngest son who remained to take over as caretaker of the estate INHERITED THE ENTIRE ESTATE OF THE LANDOWNER WHO HAD NO CHILDREN, and truly appreciated his servant's loyal service!!! Today, his descendants still own the Dairy Estate, which when Mom visited them in Germany (1984 or thereabouts), was the largest and most modern dairy farm in all of Germany. HA!!!

Of course what Mom loved best is that THEY ALL were still LOYAL CATHOLICS. TRIPLE-HA!!!

Anyway, there are GREAT stories on BOTH sides of my family, and a have a photo-copy of my Mom's Dad's autobiography written in longhand, that I might publish one day. It is MOST remarkable, and proves he held values OPPOSITE to those of my swastika-phillic mother.

I had a long nap earlier, and will now enjoy one of the films you sent me. I got both your packages today, but NEVER got the email alerting me to their arrival several days ago that the UPS Store people SWEAR they sent me. Are you surprised??? HA!!!

Your pal down here in Heaven,
Scott


On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:02 PM, A FRIEND (and anonymous Theater Critic) wrote:

That it just proves NC jedges are loopy, like you been sayin'.
__________
Bakunas is 54. It's a Lithuanian name or, more broadly, Russian.

In 1966 I saw Lavin appearing in a preview of It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman! I only remember that the "music" was amplified very loud and the flying Superman was a miniature figure on a wire.

I have a play title she can use free of charge: "My Mother, the Jewess."



I guess I'm just getting back to "my roots".

Thanks,
Scott

.

No comments: