Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tennessee Williams/John Huston/Night of the Iguana Festival to be RESURRECTED???


Adrian Mendez, currently serving as Puerto Vallarta City Social Director (raised standards of city-certified child care centers, promotes sports and the arts, oversees new bridges to improve access to out-lying towns, etc.) is running for Mayor of Puerto Vallarta (actually, here it is "El Presidente" of the city), and everyone I've talked to says he will win.

>>> EMAIL TO MY BACKER WHO PAID TO FIX MY LONG-INFECTED FOOT (unlike my immediate (Republican or Republican-Dominated) family who had REFUSED REPEATEDLY when I was homeless. I'm NOT homeless now, and am preparing to revise and publish WALKING ON GLASS: A MEMOIR OF THE LATER DAYS OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS soon -- BOTH print and electronic. See reviews here: http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2011/12/professional-reviews-of-walking-on.html .

1. The girls (cats) are out for an overnight (or possibly two) for tests. I miss them.

2. Sonny (the guy who had helped me last time I was in PV and whom I'd helped out recently) called and said he insisted I see a doctor today -- and that his wife Tanya had called around and found a good English-speaking doctor who had a decent price for consultation -- and she'd made an appointment for me. She (the doctor, a dermatologist) was GREAT, speaking a LOT of English, although Sonny insisted on going to translate, he was hardly needed.

Diagnosis: Bacterial infection, but also fungus here and there on my toes and under a couple of nails (the latter I've had for years). She prescribed a 10-day course of antibiotics and prescription twice-daily soaks, NO BEACH OR OCEAN during that time, Cotton socks ALWAYS (and sandals to keep foot drier than closed shoes), and NEVER barefoot anywhere until healed. THEN, likely a biopsy to see what else might be going on after the bacterial infection is cleared.

Cost:$26.11 USD for doctor, $32.26 USD for the two prescriptions. Sonny (who is also getting over a bad fungus infection on his hands due to a "long story") understood the importance of taking care of this and pretty much made sure i did it and did it right.

3. I met the man (who happens to be a friend of Sonny's -- Sonny has also met the PRI candidate for President of Mexico -- Sonny's rather ambitious and a CRACK (not the drug) chess player) who is likely to be the next mayor of Puerto Vallarta, Adrian Mendez. This had nothing at all to do with Sonny, but as I went to my car to pick up my prescriptions, the street was MOBBED with a moving circus of wildly enthusiastic young adults, drum beaters, JET-BLAST up-beat music blaring from giant speakers on cars -- and everyone wearing Adrian Mendez T-shirts and trailing balloons. This type of PARTY CITY politicking has been EPIDEMIC for various local races since I arrived.

The whole thing had been stalled here for ten minutes, everyone focusing on the little grocery next door where so many men hang out for a couple of beers in the evenings. I guess it must be a local political hangout since the guys never get drunk or ugly and talk a lot. Anyway, after fighting my way across the street to my car, just as i was about to get into it, Adrian Mendez approached seemingly out of nowhere (fine striking man with red hair) to shake my hand. I introduced myself and we conversed a minute in English. I pointed out that I had worked for Tennessee Williams, had tried to mount a festival for his 100th birthday 1 1/2 years ago, but had had all my money stolen by drug traffickers, been disrespected FOUR TIMES by the current Mayor (In Mexico Mayors are actually called Presidents of the cities they rule), then had returned to the states where I had caused a LOT OF PROBLEMS for US REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS, but hoped to mount a LA NOCHE DEL IGUANA Festival eventually, making much GOOD WILL and MONEY for the town. I threw my right fist on my chest (as is my honest habit often here), and said "Mexicanos are my people!"

He was CLEARLY listening intently and PLEASED through ALL of it -- but REALLY lit up when I'd said I'd caused TROUBLE FOR US REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS. He immediately handed me his card and said he wanted to meet with me AS SOON AS HE TOOK OFFICE, come October. He has a wonderful presence and I think he had been drawn to mine as well. Puerto Vallarta is going to be SO MUCH MORE FUN this time!!!

THIS TOWN IS ONE HELL OF A LOT FRIENDLIER THAN WILMINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA -- THE KENAN-HATING, CAPITAL OF RACISM AND NARCO-TRAFFICKING IN AMERICA!!!

More later -- it's time to SOAK again . . .

Scott

.

1 comment:

Scott Kenan said...

This comment came to me by email from James Lester (who has at times pretended to be David Kenan as well as a hotster in Alaska. I post it with my reply, verbatim (and hope the formatting doesn't get too messed up):

Really??? Did he come back to life as a she-dog??? I doubt it. He always LOVED carrying on with his man-stiff (although none of that with me).

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 12:18 AM, James Lester wrote:

Tennessee Williams is a BITCH!!!!

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Scott Kenan wrote:

http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/05/tennessee-williamsjohn-hustonnight-of.html

Thursday, May 17, 2012
Tennessee Williams/John Huston/Night of the Iguana Festival to be RESURRECTED???