Sunday, May 6, 2012

Writer Unfriends Me, Hoping to Keep His Publishing Contract (not a first)!!!


Wish I still had the larger file, but many of my files were lost when previous computers and hard drives were stolen 1 1/2 years ago. CLICK TO ENLARGE A LITTLE AND SEE FULL.

>>> FACEBOOK MESSAGE DO-SI-DO with writer and film critic John DiLeo:


  • John DiLeo
    3 hours ago
    John DiLeo
    • Sorry to have to unfriend you. No hard feelings. It's just a little too embarrassing and hurtful to read bad things about my publisher (and friend) on my own Wall. I wish you well.
  • Scott Kenan
    a few seconds ago
    Scott Kenan
    • John,

      The truth always remains the truth, regardless anyone's opinion or judgement -- as I believe you know well.

      I agree that you should have deleted my comments -- and for your reasons (unfriending suggests complicity with Tennessee Williams' foes -- but I suspect you too just went a little overboard), and had it not been for the very real troubles caused me by Thomas Keith and the lies told to me by your publisher, Jon Hansen (BTW, two of my friends had to mail copies of your book TENNESSEE WILLIAMS AND COMPANY: HIS ESSENTIAL SCREEN ACTORS back to Hansen for replacement, as they fairly promptly fell apart due to cheap binding), I probably would have messaged you privately.

      I DO have a tendency to get passionate about some things -- including the crowd that includes your publisher and which is beholden to those at Sewanee and the Republican Party who -- just as Jackie Kennedy Onassis informed TW and me at Jean Stein and George Plimpton's party for TW, Jan. 11, 1982 -- DID conspire to murder Tennessee through the smothering hands of John Uecker -- cushioned by a pillow -- and when my own mother assured Maria St. Just and the rest of them that i was properly controlled on Lithium on a false diagnosis of Bipolar (Lithium's effect is sort of a chemical lobotomy).

      In any case, I now live in Puerto Vallarta and am (besides turning my political blog into a book or books -- NO ONE can sue me for libel, Sewanee, Thomas Keith, and others have threatened many times, but they NEVER do!!!), I expect to be working with one of the top landowners in Mismaloya (the woman is an ex-pat Gringo), where I will move in six months, to redevelop the movie set site as the park John Huston had actually developed it into after the movie was completed.

      Huston left the park to the citizens of Mismaloya, and now, a gentleman in Guadalajara who is said to be the second largest narco-trafficker there (but I don't actually know if this is true), managed to mysteriously get ownership, BUT Mexico has some strange laws and since he does NOT have a completely clear title, had to fence the property and pay for 24/7 live guards. You see, if titles aren't completely clean, any NATIVE-descended Mexican can get ownership by squatting on the property -- hence the need for guards 24/7.

      I know the guy wants to redevelop the site with super-luxury homes -- as well as a "fantasy" hotel. The good news is that the property is large enough that he could give the set ruins (the "hotel" is in EXCELLENT shape except wooden roof is gone) forward to the water back to the people, and redevelop the rest of the property. So that is what I hope to achieve.

      I can't attach a pic here, but I'll post this message to you on my blog where I will post the picture I took two years ago of the monument (English translation side) the townspeople erected on site. I had sweet-talked the guards into letting me go into the site for half an hour.

      So do what you have to do and play politics the way you have to to get published. Those of us not over a barrel are doing the rest of it. I really AM working with Harvard's top lawyers to reverse the overturned codicil to TW's will which Jackie first suggested at that meeting as a way to PREVENT Sewanee, Maria, John Eastman et al from murdering TW -- which Jackie knew was in the cards.

      Too bad that didn 't work, BUT I'm sure having fun getting Jackie's and Tennessee's revenge as i promised years ago!!!

      Check my blog occasionally to see what's developing, and BEST OF LUCK to you. I just think you deserve a better publisher.

      Scott

      PS: Don't feel bad about unfriending me on Facebook. Edmund White, whom I know personally, cannot friend me on Facebook for political reasons -- but he DOES Facebook poke me when I make major revelations that he approves of. LOL!!!




.






No comments: