Monday, June 25, 2012

Sychronicities, Mon Amor!!!



>>> Well, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Sir!!!


Did you know (I bet you did), that your birthday was the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots? -- or at least I THINK it was as that's what started all the brew-ha-ha of that Facebook thread I posted and then emailed in the wee hours of early morning -- and then to decompress, I passed through a cloud of herbal smoke and raised ONE dirty Tanqueray Martini (shaken not stirred), in honor of TW's and my distant Kenan relatives' friend Texas Kate whilest watching the most recent Pet Shop Boys' concert video.

THE PET SHOP BOYS are the true heirs of Tennessee Williams LEADING vision, and have ALWAYS been MY GUIDING LIGHT in many ways -- I ESPECIALLY love their HONORING all the BEST of heterosexual love, as well as their own homosexuality. The talent and mere existence of Meryl Streep has been my primary spiritual comfort and often strength, and the writing of Randall Kenan, who is the SPITTING image of the cook (and presumed former slave), pictured prominently at Liberty Hall, the so-called "ancestral home of the Kenans" in Kenansville, NC, suggests he is her direct descendant, and IN FACT Randall at least once owned a restaurant of note in Southern California. he teaches at UNC Chapel Hill now, and for at least nine years been on the faculty of the Sewanee Writers Conference, which is funded by TW's estate, camouflaged as the Walter Dakin Fund.

Randall has influenced my writing as much as has Tennessee. What is WILDER but may not be real, is that he wrote an incredible piece that used to be online about his mother who once worked as cook for Howard Hughes's mother (and Howard in his youth) -- the whole thing MIGHT be fiction, I've never asked Randall back two years ago when I was in frequent email conversation with him (he was the FIRST to verify that the Sewanee people had NO IDEA what literature actually is. LOL!!!).

Of course, Texas Kate's first husband, Dudley Sharp, Jr., was the son of Dudley Sharp I, who was Eisenhower's secretary of the Air Force who WROTE the United States' first laws governing nuclear war in Outer Space and was Eisenhower's TOP ally in fighting the MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX, until he was leveraged HEAVILY and forced to recant. Dudley I was best friends with Howard Hughes growing up as their fathers jointly owned the Sharp-Hughes Tool Company, which later must have been bought out by Howard's Dad to become the company that FUELED all Howard's dreams.

Kate's son Dudley Sharp III occasionally writes me when his GOOGLE ALERTS show I've mentioned his family in my blog, but he IS IN FACT on my email list and HAS IN FACT verified that he never blocked my emails -- BUT STILL HE NEVER GETS THEM!!! Worse, my research shows he and his siblings have NO IDEA of the significant role his family has played in US History -- and today are corrupted Republicans supporting things that would turn their mother (and other relatives like Dudley's grandfather), over in their graves!!!

Well, there is more email to answer and things to clarify. By now I'm sure you know I will post at least parts of this on my blog.

Rain this morning (not actually cool), but clear now (and I slept in until 9:30, three hours later than usual today. HA!!!)

Scott


On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM, A SHINING KNIGHT wrote:


WOW Scott, you are a busy man so early on Monday morning hehehehehe - I just got up and still have to have my first cup of coffee..... Yesterday was my birthday so I went out a bit later than usual - a nice day today in Mexico City for the change - it rained every day since I arrived. How is PV now? Rainy season started and cooled off a bit?


Best regards,


A Sir

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 25, 2012, at 1:13 AM, Scott Kenan wrote:


http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/06/lets-get-real-shall-we.html




Randall Kenan

.

No comments: