Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Total SHAM!!!




I had posted the beginnning of all the TO-DO-ing by landlord's son Mark and two "engineers". I've deleted all that as it was too boring. Bottom line: although the cable was PERFECTLY fine beginning 15 minutes before the engineer was to arrive at 10:00 AM until Mark picked TWO "engineers" up (they appeared to be "common laborers" and in fact Mark appeared to direct all their moves).

Mark disconnected the cable downstairs before he OR the "engineers" saw the great picture I was ALREADY getting, and then it took them 2.5 hours to get the picture back to the quality it had been before they started.

During the process (and at least ONE of them does do SOME cable wiring, because Mark said he wired the building when it was built several years ago -- seven?), they bought a long piece of aluminum wire to guide the new cable through the conduit in the walls.

NONE OF THEM HAD EVER HEARD OF SIMPLY PUTTING THE FITTINGS ON THE NEW PIECE, CONNECTING IT TO THE OLD, AND THEN PUTTING IT THROUGH.

Now EXCUSE ME VERY MUCH, but this is the FIRST thing I learned when I was replacing some of my OWN cable in my Georgia house years ago. Mexicans simply are quite smart and CLEVER, in my experience, and I don't think ANY of these guys regularly deal with cable AT ALL.

Either that, or they are "learning disabled" -- and WTF was up with changing everything after the signal was PERFECT -- that is, after Mark did WHATEVER he did at 8:45 this morning (which he let no one -- but me -- see).

Well, reader, you can decide for yourself what to make of all of this, but in the end WE WERE ALL FRIENDLY, and THAT was a FIRST for this IMPATIENT GIANT.


LOL!!!


>>> SOON, I will report on my FIRST call to a North Carolina Law Firm hoping to get representation to sue Wilmington and North Carolina Courts.

And I will report on EACH and EVERY one that I call (I have a nice list), until I find one to represent me -- or run out of law firms licesnced to practice in North Carolina.



Really.
Fun, no???

>>> EMAIL WITH A FRIEND EARLIER TODAY:


Amazing developments, but first responding to your points:

1. I will only have a public outdoor discussion with Sonny at his place of business on the Malecon -- IF ANY CONTACT GOING FORWARD AT ALL. I'm his daughter's god-father, but Tanya's got enough sense to raise her daughter right -- and if Sonny for any reason "disappears" or feels he must flee town/Mexico (I have become TOTALLY convinced that Sonny is still a high operative in the Cali Cartel and probably the CIA as well. I have reported this and my reasons for it MANY times to top Mexican Authorities, and now, what they DO about it will reveal THEIR intentions for this country -- that does NOT mean something needs to be done immediately, but WE WILL ALL BE WATCHING!!!), then if called on, I will assist Tanya and Jeretzi in finding a suitable situation, although I believe she would take Jeretzi and return to her family in San Miguel del Allende.

2. Yes, the lawsuits will be the THRUST, but that does not mean a different direction is not found following the path of least resistance as I go forward there. I DO expect some kind of compensation will be quickly offered to keep THE EMBARRASSMENT out of court. I will hold out for a HIGH amount. Period.

3. Trahan is toast and pathetic. That said, I expect to hear from him from time to time. He DOES have a HUGE crush on me, but I feel nothing for him now.

4. I have (since arriving in PV), thought long and hard about the security concerns you mention, and have had the same thoughts -- although your offer to help financially came as a surprise. I'll get to all of that in a minute.

Actually, having address all your other points, I'll now tell the STRANGE story of this morning's events.

The engineer was scheduled to come at 9:00 this morning to "correct the TV cable." At 8:45, I was smoking a cig on the terrace and noticed I had a PERFECT TV picture, where only a minute before it had been exactly the TERRIBLE it had been since a couple of hours after Mark corrected it two weeks(?) ago.

I went downstairs and the door to Mark's Dad's apartment was ajar so I called for him and he emerged from THE SAME AREA where he had worked on the TV cable connections previously. REALLY!!! (so we DEFINITELY know that the correction was actually done by MARK, exactly as I have claimed before -- THE WHOLE MONKEY-ACT OF MY CABLE TROUBLE WAS MANIPULATED BY MARK TO HARASS ME!!!)

Mark COULD NOT look me in the eye (just as before!!!), and said that because the connection was "unreliable", he wanted the wire to be changed out regardless (actually it has been TOTALLY reliable in that it was always terrible except for the couple of hours between when Mark repaired it and then when he screwed it back up, and NOW so the engineer didn't see Mark's DELIBERATE BAD CONNECTION, he returned it to the GOOD ONE before the guy arrived!!!). He just could NOT look me in the eye at all.

Well, I asked him about apartment availability, since he had NO ONE lined up for #8 or Vidal's old apartment (smaller) a week ago, but now he says he has someone coming in a week (a month?) through season for #8, and has NOTHING available AT ALL before April 15. He TRIPPED ALL OVER HIS WORDS getting that out, as he looked to the semi-distant floor.

Bottom line:

1. Mark does NOT want me living here, but he and I have achieved a sort of pleasant, public detente, so there should be no problems staying here through the end of the lease. I believe he's just an immature schmuck, pressured by the local drug trash -- which includes the people who own/run the grocery next door and the people around the corner who (until SONNY warned them not to let me see anything) were doing the LARGEST drug deals in town right around the corner near Vista Grill restaurant.

2. I am NOT going to speculate about Sonny and his claimed influence on the PRI candidates for Presidente of PV and of Mexico. Appearances are TOO deceiving and I don't know enough to judge. I intend to work with WHOEVER wins the election THIS SATURDAY, to mount a Williams festival which will benefit ALL, although we might-could have some trouble with Sewanee over rights. HA!!!

3. Because several people I've known since before made a point of telling me they had "kicked the drug trash out of Mismaloya" --SPECIFICALLY meaning that the couple I stayed with for a couple of weeks in a house next door to the alleged Police Chief of PV (there are many varieties of Police, and this is NOT the one who helped me get my things from Benjamin Shields' place. This man was NEVER friendly to me and I never actually saw a Police car at his house, I don't think). This was when I lived in the area a few blocks further from the beach and north of Teatro Vallarta -- right now I can't find the house on google satellite images, but it was two or three stories in front (entrance a few step up from the walk), a large garden behind it with a six-step rise to the back half of the garden, and a two story two bedroom and bath separate building against the back wall of the property.

You see, these people -- just like Benjamin and Adrianna Shields -- had decided they were going to KEEP use of my car to run back and forth to a palapa restaurant that the young woman's parents had leased for them, close to the river end of the strip of such businesses on Mismaloya Beach. They had other friends staying there whom I had first befriended, including a thin 36-ish Canadian woman who was soon to return to Canada to study nursing.

She claimed she had PRIEVIOUSLY been a big drug-runner to Canada, but claimed to have given it up. Her tall hunky young Mexican boyfriend serviced her nightly with yowls and growls coming from BOTH, but he had made it clear he was also available to me (and I knew several guys who had "done" him), for a small price. He was studying art. I never touched him -- although I sure would like to have. LOL!!!

And in truth, after things blew up and the palapa woman angrily threw me out after I insisted on keeping my own car(!!!) and KEPT MY CAT STELLA LO-RIDER (whom I've not been able to find since), I ran into these other tenants and they TOO left right after me and were VERY friendly to me when I ran into them on Conchas Chinas beach -- several days before my car was broken into -- who KNOWS if those things were related, but I think rather it was actually Benjamin Shields' people since he lived/lives right at the top of the road down to the beach.

In any case, one time when I was at Mismaloya Beach, that woman FLEW out of her restaurant and ran SCREAMING after me that I had RUINED her by claiming her family was in the illegal drug trade (I had). She caught up to me on the footbridge over the water and since she was CRAZED and totally hepped up on adrenaline or speed and CLEARLY stronger than most men -- let alone women -- I dropped to the ground (bridge floor, actually) to avoid her throwing me off it --which she claimed she was going to do. She kicked me for a while until someone pulled her off, and then retreated.

I only wish someone had captured it on camera for posterity to have a good LAUGH over -- it was the most "girly" I acted in the whole 2.5 years, TIED with when Joey Spaghetti (Spagnolo) chased me up Dock Street in Wilmington, claiming he was going to kill me because SOMEONE told him I had told him/her that Joey and I had had sex. (probably true -- the telling part, the sex we had already had several times) HA!!!

Anyway, these people lost their lease and left Mismaloya. I think that town is relatively drug-trash free, and MAYBE that woman I spoke with before moving has something there that is also SECURE. I'll start thinking about all of this soon.

I'm probably going to post my correspondence with Jen Harjo yesterday first, then maybe post this after the engineer comes and goes (if he does) at 2:00.

Scott

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM, A FRIEND wrote:

I clicked your ref to sisterlouisaschurch, but get "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page."

Since you've spilled all the beans on Sonny, you can't risk being alone with him, like having him in your apt or car. Of course you can treat him to a restaurant lunch or dinner in public.

As you try  securing a lawyer to sue Wilmington etc., consider it just one phase of your action plans, and other ideas will develop as time marches on.

Trahan is an enemy, so you're hardly going to join his club. My recollection is that he has a serious illness, which can lead to behavioral swings.

My hope is that you can remain in Casa de Carmen during both off and high season. Teri would continue with the same rent check, and I would provide you with the differential, passed to the landlord per your arrangement. You could take a better apt there, but not a lesser one which would be a step down in quality of life. While Mismaloya may offer "attractive" rents, your main concern must be SECURITY--not to be wiped out by burglary or harmed by intruders. Like, a ground floor apt with a garden, or an apt with a vulnerable terrace, is not for you. Even if you have an apt sharer, such an apt is sure to be "nobody home" too much of the time.

.

No comments: