1. I can't even find out yet who won the race for "Mayor" of Puerto Vallarta because http://www.banderasnews.com/ , which is the BIG English Language NEWS SOURCE in Puerto Vallarta hasn't posted A THING about the election yet.
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???
Most of their stories are about how AMERICANS are DO-GOODING themselves into IMPROVING the Mexican people. Trust me -- the Mexican people don't NEED American improvement (although they wouldn't mind getting a bit more CASH. LOL!!!
2. PRI won the Presidente of Mexico and signs seem to be that they will now SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE US REPUBPICAN PARTY OF HOW TO RE-INVENT YOURSELF AFTER A HISTORY OF ABSOLUTE CORRUPTION!!!
3. But I'm not enough of a student of Mexican politics to know, really.
4. I just went out for cigs, and discovered the local election news is already ALL OVER the local print media (newspapers, lest we forget), AND STILL, I find NO LOCAL ELECTION RESULTS by googling for them in English!!!
Senor Ramon Guerrero won the mayoral race here. I know nothing about him, except he claimed the PRI had already PROVEN it could not be trusted to be reformed. All three candidates got within a percent or two of one third, so it was incredibly close.
5. "Archi" (Adrian Mendez), while losing, is likely to continue a career in Public Service. He's got the contacts and experience to work with me organizing a TENNESSEE WILLIAMS/JOHN HUSTON/NIGHT OF THE IGUANA annual festival which CERTAINLY could easily beat out the New Orleans festival, http://www.tennesseewilliams.net/ , which is BIG, but completely DISRESPECTED by educated people for its FLUFFY CONTENT that is only about 5% related to Tennessee Williams!!!
It could ALSO beat out the VERY LEGITIMATE Provincetown festival, http://www.twptown.org/ , which does not have the facilities/infrasturcture/transportation or housing to expand much.
PV has the theaters, hotels, restaurants, lecture halls, cruise ship port, modern airport, etc. to host QUITE the BEST festival. Ill work with whomever to make this happen and I hope Archi can be part of it too.
6. Election over, I expect Sonny and I might be FORCED into a confrontation. I HOPE Mexican authorities will have HEEDED MY WARNINGS and will soon deport or prosecute him. See: http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/06/responding-to-false-evidence-appearing.html .
7. Now, I have a foot doctor appointment to make . . .