Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tonight, ALL GOD'S PEOPLE are SIHKS.


Sikh view of REALITY: Peaceful, Embracing, Comforting.


>>> FIRST, REMEMBERING MY SIKH FRIENDS IN STONE MOUNTAIN, GA, who run (or ran) the gas station near where West Mountain Street ends at Memorial Drive. When I FLED Georgia in 2010, it was a BP station, but had changed brands a number of times over the years.

After 9/11, I noticed that the men who ran my favorite service station in Stone Mountain, almost IMMEDIATELY took off their turbans. I thought little about it.

Several years later, they began wearing gasoline-logoed caps to cover their traditional hair. I DID notice and made it my business (as I am often wont to do), and learned something about the amazing Sikh religion and these ABSOLUTELY loving and peaceful people who professed it.

You can do your OWN research on that. I just hope that someone tells them of this blog post -- and that I am thinking of them with fondest memories, as the news comes in from Minneapolis.

Thank you,
Scott

* * *

>>> MORE, from my Facebook Page (when I FIRST got this news and expressed EXACTLY WHAT WAS ON MY MIND:




Scott Kenan shared a link.
about an hour ago
 

· ·


* * *


>>> HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT: My "HACKER BUDDIES" just froze my computer TOTALLY -- IMMEDIATELY AFTER I POSTED THE ABOVE PORTION OF THIS POSTING.


Not only THAT, but I was downloading photos from my iPod, and they even CORRUPTED THAT (but not all of it -- the hardware is fine, and I was able to recontruct the software and files turned out to be fine).


Here's a picture (click to see whole thing):



I was turning off the highway to explore small beaches and towns. THIS welcomed visitors RIGHT AT THE ENTRANCE to a small-ish beach town in Estada Nyarit (I'd hoped the photo would be fully readable to remind me of the town's name, but it's not), about 45 miles from Puerto Vallarta, and ILLUSTRATES how accepting of gays Mexicans are -- even in small, Catholic towns!!!


PRAISE JESUS!!!



And NOW, I'm going to watch the TV series THE BORGIAS, so I have something to remind me that my own immediate FAMILY is NOT (necessarily) the WORST IN HUMAN HISTORY!!!

Scott

.

No comments: