Wednesday, October 3, 2012

From GOD's Mouth to My Ears (I'm not the judge -- just the messenger).

 
According to NC State Senator (Republican of Wilmington) THOM GOOLSBY, the REASON the Republican Legislature moved the vote on Marriage Equality from it's ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED Novenber 2012 vote to the earlier primaries in a PANIC, WAS BECAUSE THEY EXPECTED THIS TO HAPPEN IN NORTH CAROLINA TOO. REALLY!!!




>>> A COUPLE OF THINGS, FIRST:



Like · ·
 
 
* * *
 
 



Like ·


David Shaw Grief and loss are very real and powerful. Dangerous to deny them.
  • Scott Kenan True!!! I was thinking primarily about "lost love" and "things", but no matter what psychogists think of this, I "commune" with many dead people I have known, including one former employer who set me on the path to becoming a writer and one of his closest friends, a former First Lady of the US, whom I was ALSO privileged to know. I've even "CHANNELED" crazy-ass Howard Hughes (the best friend of a friend's father who as Dwight Eisenhower's Sec't of the Air Force wrote the first US LAWS governing nuclear warfare in outer space. More recently (this last year), I LEGALLY escaped jail SIX TIMES and commitments based on lies to mental hospitals TWICE -- as well as moved to Mexico in political exile. Anyone wanting to know more can google my name to find my political blog -- but I must WARN YOU: I employ both STRONG LANGUAGE and FEARLESS EXAMINATION OF THE TRUTH (especially about me).
  • Darrin J Conrad My sympathies...I meant no disrespect sorry
  •  
    * * *
     
     
    >>> ROLL CALL!!!
     
     
    I've been asked to pass this on -- incomplete as it is, the Call to Enter Heaven on Earth (aka: the Age of the Artist), and these are just some who have crossed my path -- but hardly ALL the deserving. Only the currently living are included. Please enter laughing, singing, and or dancing:
     
     
    Jane Ann Kenan (the closest relative to my heart)
     
    Judith (Russ) Whitney (bring Chuck as soon as his surgery heals)
     
    Wendy (Russ) Whitney (the truest of steady relatives -- bring Joseph too, even if he IS straight)
     
    Janice (Russ) Ludwig (who's as "mean" and cheap as me. LOL!!!)
     
    Lena Ludwig Lapper (who was smart enough to snag Kevin who's "IN" as well)
     
    Aunt Jeanne (Conrad) Meyer (a TRUE Catholic of the BEST variety)
     
    Aunt Patricia (Hahn) Meyer (who ALREADY suffered more than anyone deserves)
     
    Andrea Opperman, my FAVORITE Jewess (daughter of my first cousin)
     
    Ian Opperman, for unfailing service to his mother -- and pretty much everyone else as well
     
    Douglas Henry Meyer for being a true GOOFBALL and wearing FUNNY GLASSES
     
    Kristen (Meyer) something, for continuing to live in the grace of her adoring, admitted-gay-to-me "dad", despite the "accident" of her conception -- her husband Greg and their kids as well
     
    The three Lernihan children, for putting up with their Dad -- no matter HOW that finger was actually lost
     
    My sister-in-law Gail (Godley) Kenan, who still deals unusually well with being married to my brother and RAISING THEIR CHILDREN RIGHT!!!
     
    Their three children: Connor Michael Kenan, Max(well) Andrew Kenan, and Taylor Ann Kenan, who have all proven they are "going somewhere" and for their many kindnesses to me over the years
    Gail's nutball dad, Larry Godley and his wife, Ann (who is ACTUALLY more closely related to the "rich" Kenans than am I (via the NC Johnstons), and hence my sister-in-law Gail and her children as well -- just for being QUITE goofy in varying ways -- and for putting up with my mother's "Catholic aggression" over the years.
     
    Gail's ex-evangelical-minister brother (I'm beginning to blank on names), who whilest preaching THE WORD in Mexico got into a jam and married the FINE Mexican woman (and might have more than one child now, for all I know). Of course ALL Mexicans (not drug-addicted) get in SCOT-FREE, so here come some more!!!
     
    Gail's OTHER brother, the career Navy SMARTEE, who's a TRUE PATRIOT TOO, I'm sure!!!
     
    I'm sure I've probably left out some deserving blood relatives -- but if you are DESERVING, you KNOW IT, and don't need ME to tell you!!!
     
    But I have a SECOND family that in many ways has been more important to my learning to love than my blood family -- ALL THOSE FINE FOLKS FROM MY DAYS IN CAPE MAY, NJ (who haven't got a CLUE what to think of me the last few years):
     
    Chuck and Hilary Pritchard Russell, who graduated Denison University with me and KINDLY took me into their lives in Cape May when I was BEYOND LOST and hadn't even a CLUE!!! The indominable Barbara Russell and her smart-ass husband Kenneth "Seton" -- HA!!! Russell DEFINITELY!!! ("Mother-Image" and "Father-Image" is how Barbara and Ken had their children address them while growing up -- HOW DAMN COOL IS THAT  for the 1950s???) And Hilary's "Merced" onions come in too . . .
     
    Sue "The HURRICANE" Hobbs-Dietz, for adding drama and URGENCY to EVERYTHING -- especially appreciation of sea-life, and their remains, and her oft under-appriatiated husband Phil Dietz -- the most STEADY of steadies, and the ONLY person on EARTH who had hit the back of my hand (my fault, actually), while swinging an AXE -- and hardly even caused me to bleed!!!
     
    Their daughter Eliza as well (who had dinner with me and Tennessee Williams on her first-ever outing), and has special gifts for the world that she's learning to give.
     
    And of course Sue's artist sister Pam "Dobbs" Hobbs-once-again, after a long intermediary Aggababbian adventure that netted two SWELL children). Pam is the LAST WOMAN I BEDDED (but only during hurricaines -- one in Cape May, the other in Key West -- WITHOUT benefit of sex).
     
    Ellie (Nowicki) O'Donoghue, who PUNKED her way into Whale's Tale employment YEARS ago, by dazzling us with her style and faking a stint selling jewelry in West Palm Beach -- long before I had any real idea of my own family connection to the Palm Beach Standard Oil crowd. And who doesn't LUST after him: John O'Donoghue her LOUDEST-of-fishermen husband (who always ENJOYED the compliment of my lust, with grace) -- and of course their children now, and Chuck and Hilary's too: Travis -- as handsome as his Dad (or grandmother), depending on how you look at it (him), and Collin, a filmmaker who honored his grandfather, Leland Stanford Pritchard (a Wilson, NC boy -- that a Kenan-dominated town -- and Mr. Pitchard had SOME kind of connection to Stanford University as well), who with his wife, Kay, were the two finest REAL CHRISTIAN SAINTS I have ever known.
     
    This brings us to the "sleeper" of Cape May, Craig (Halfpenny) Gris (a woman) and her husband Michelle (a man). You'd have to dig up Craig's happy-happy parents, The Colonel and Mrs. Halfpenny (not a Monopoly maneuver), to clear up the NAMING mystery. Suffice it to say that one baker is worth a HILL HOUSE full of GREENERY!!! (Yeah, I should have listened to Chuck's opinions about "negative-thinkers" back then -- BUT I LEARNED, the hard way.)
     
    Time to get ready to watch the irrelevant Presidential Debate -- the REAL point of interest to ME is only the CHOICE of QUESTIONS by the Moderator, who KNOWS the truth about each, but must HIDE IT from the naive American audience (lest they find out the REAL nature of our sad, disrespected-by-us Nation). Although I have so far chosen no TV service here in Chacala, I DO believe I can watch it live at www.HuffingtonPost.com -- my FAVORITE NEWS SOURCE!!!
     
    Scott
     
    PS: All my blood relatives I failed to mention above are IN TOO -- I just had to make you wait a little in honor of your RESISTANCE to me (which did me the favor of making me stronger).
     
     
    THANK YOU MOST OF ALL!!!
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Click on the image (or drink less) to see it clearly!!!
     
     
    .
     

    No comments: