Thursday, October 11, 2012

Life Is Strange. We Are Stranger.

 
 
 
 
Hi Kimberly,
 
 
Thanks for taking the time to express yourself so clearly after I TRULY did go overboard and attack you and your website undeservedly.
 
 
I read this reply very quickly this morning before running errands almost ceaselessly until a few minutes ago, but now re-reading it carefully, I see you wrote NOTHING like I remembered this morning, so I guess I got the point then that my vicious attack was unwarranted -- and then extrapolated a fantasy of what I THOUGHT you had written, and rather major considerations and decisions about how I go forward in my blog then developed from that -- as well as appreciation for what I have and have NOT achieved as well.
 
 
So I thank you for that, which I guess since it was based on a fantasy fundamentally different from what you actually wrote, that it WAS in fact that "mirror" that you suggested I take a hard look into.
 
 
Because today's considerations and decisions are the most major I've ever made in such a short period of time, I'm not going to express them now, but expect I will after sleeping on it all, and then publish them in my blog.
 
 
While I feel certain that some of the reason you misrepresented what I have been doing personally and in my blog is that i angered you with my attack, more seems to be that you never actually read much of the blog/emails -- the reason being that your interest and website are not so much about theater (one of the arts), but about the "mania" surrounding it. There is certainly nothing wrong with that.
 
 
I have already taken you off my lists and will use our today-communication as a sort of blog placeholder (NOT emailed out), until I can organize my "revelations" of today enough to blog about them, and I will also re-do my response I am now writing to praise your good points made below as well as expand on the ones that illustrate what I feel perfectly illustrate what is wrong with today's American society.
 
 
Should you decide to check back and read that posting, please remember that I think your words here came from anger and ignorance and do NOT necessarily represent your true thoughts. My point being that I hope you will not take the criticisms too personally.
 
 
I also want to thank you for verifying my friend Edth Love's importance in American Theater. You see, under the circumstances of my life between the time I was so close to her in college and our recent phone conversation, I had only had personal contact with her a handful of times -- all within a few months. That said, I'd followed her career in the Atlanta press and also knowing her character, personal ethics, and well as work ethic, KNEW she deserved recognition for her achievements but had never had actual verification of that until I saw how casually you (who are more into the buzz that young people groove on rather than the art form itself), comfortably dropped her name like only one widely respected and very well known (even to you!), CAN be dropped.
 
 
I hope you take no offence at my new words here or those to come, likely tomorrow. This experience has been of extraordinary importance to me -- even if so oddly precipitated -- and I really DO wish you and your website the greatest success.
 
 
Sincerely,
Scott

 

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Kimberly Kaye of THEATERMANIA.COM wrote:
 

 
Scott--why on earth would anyone ever write a piece you've demanded after you've called them a twat? And insulted them over and over. That's not how you treat people.

The twat line's the line that reveals your character.

We are not a publication--we're a web site. We don't write plays and we don't preach politicized nonsense to our audience. If there even is evidence of appreciation of notoriety in their writing, their supposed interest is fame is editorial alone. It is a playful tool. Their--my--job is to satisfy our readers, who are young patrons of the theater and want to witness it in all it's permutations. That's what we do here, which is why I'd like to be taken off your list--your message of rage and is not relevant to our readers. We respect our readers. We are not news-makers--we are observers, who write for a sales-based company with enough integrity to respect the tastes of our readers above all else. Pitch the Times if you want an exposé. Or stop cursing at people and see if they'll work with you.

And here's my shallow, vapid closing thought: Anyone who sends 5 emails a day, name-drops Tennessee Williams and Edith and touts his family lineage constantly, sends out redundant blog posts daily and sends his emails to "press" exclusively is looking for fame. Sorry kiddo: You're going to have to look in the mirror.

Sent from my iPad
 
(unsigned)
 

No comments: