Monday, October 22, 2012

The Highest Honor of MY Life is to ONLY ONCE Award THIS!!!

 
Scene from the 2012 Summer Olympics, London -- who knew it was already UPDATED HALLOWEEN back last summer???
 
Well THESE guys did. They'd been following the US Presidential Race on the BBC (and CNN).
 
 
 
TRICK OR TREAT!!!
 
 
 
 
>>> Announcing the Award for TRUEST BEARER OF THE TENNESSEE WILLIAMS CREATIVE TORCH!!!


First a few words:


1. I have known where this award was going for at least eight years, but only today is anyone listening to me!!!


2. The award is meant to honor the individual or creatively-cohesive group of people who have CONSISTENTLY and OVER A "LIFETIME", contributed the MOST to the evolution of THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF HUMANKIND. In other words, take up Tennessee Williams' creative torch and run with it further than he was able to. I assure you that Tom completely agrees with this choice, which he PROBABLY planted in my mind, anyway (knowing him -- HA!!!).


3. The recipient must be able to honestly and ACCURATELY portray HUMAN REALITY in ALL its GOD-GIVEN GLORY, and understand/empathize with those of DIFFERENT race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, etc., than that person or people embody.


4. While the two runners-up (whom I will also honor in this posting) can be said to also excel beyond previously-believed human possibility, ONLY the PET SHOP BOYS stand a head above the rest, and NOT just because their work is so damn DANCE-TO-ABLE.


Without further ado on them -- and because they have been effectively BANNED from air-play in the United States by the CIA/REPUBLICAN/NAZI PARTY since about 1991, when they definitively came out gay, I'm going to paste in the lyrics to their song I recently heard for the first time.


 
THE PET SHOP BOYS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AHEAD OF ME, LEADING ME FORWARD AND COMFORTING/RESTORING ME WHEN THINGS SEEMED LOST



 -- even more so than the plays of Tennessee Williams, perhaps because as Henry Flagler, the Kenans, and Frank Sinatra always knew: MUSIC REACHES THE HUMAN HEART THE BEST!!!



But MOST OF ALL, the PET SHOP BOYS have taken the art form of the popular song to even HIGHER LEVELS of MULTIDIMENSIONALITY than Tennessee Williams or even (certainly to the modern ear), William Shakespeare!!! (something like this)



BEST to LISTEN TO their official video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AEO21i-oN0


Lyrics:

WINNER
 
 
This is the moment
We'll remember
Every day for the rest of our lives

Time may rush us
Hurt or love us
But on this day we have arrived

It's been a long time coming
We've been in the running for so long
But now we're on our way

Let the ride just take us
Side by side and make us
See the world through new eyes every day

You're a winner
I'm a winner
This is all happening so fast
You're a winner
I'm a winner

Let's enjoy it all while it lasts

I've been a loser
I've paid my dues
I fought my way up from the ground

Now at this moment
The crowd acclaimed us
Will you just listen to that sound!

It's been a long time coming
We've been in the running for so long
But now we're on our way

Let the ride just take us
Side by side and make us
See the world through new eyes every day

You're a winner
I'm a winner
This is all happening so fast
You're a winner
I'm a winner

Lets enjoy it all while it lasts

It took us so long and we worked so hard
We came so far just to compete

But don't forget all
The love and laughter
Now the world is at our feet

Looking back on all the times
We felt downcast
Didn't think we were going anywhere
Just living in the past
But in the desperation
You get inspiration

You're a winner
I'm a winner
This is all happening so fast
You're a winner
I'm a winner

Let's enjoy it all while it lasts

Cos' you're a winner
I'm a winner
This is all happening so fast
You're a winner
I'm a winner

Enjoy it while it lasts
'cause you're a winner
 
* * *
 
 
>>> ALSO OF THE HIGHEST ORDER (but not musicians):
 
 
1. Only ONE PERSON in the world can ACT if is she IS GOD-MANIFEST, and I KNOW I need no further introduction to Ms. MERYL STREEP!!!


A personal friend (1981 -- details in my Williams memoir), and a talent whose MERE EXISTENCE causes the Angels to WEEP in joy and SHOUT HOSANNAS TO THE HEAVENS!!! (Hey, I'm a Williams-osmosis-trained drama queen, OK???)


And let me tell you also, that when I first meet Meryl as she sat alone, no doubt for the LAST TIME in her life, at Milton Goldman's 85th Birthday Party for Virgil Thompson, she seemed shy, as she licked the icing mustache off her upper lip while she stood up, Meryl-giggling a hello to me.


And after she was called away from our conversation, Tennessee Williams came over to me, and BRAGGING that she'd been discovered in one of his plays while still at Yale, said, "I think Meryl Streep is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD."


I had fallen in love with her in THE DEER HUNTER, the only of her movies I'd yet seen.SOPHIE'S CHOICE was about to open (or at least be seen by me), and Meryl -- unbeknownst to the rest of us then -- had just learned she was pregnant. Tennessee did not have to convince ME of ANYTHING!!!


But I must also tell you THIS: Tom Williams was known for his mercurial moods and constant self-contradictions. I NEVER heard him utter a word that contradicted THIS.


Never.

 
* * *


2. The second person in this category is connected to me in so many family ways he even shares my surname -- BUT NOT MY BLOOD!!! (He DOES appear to be descended from the cook, as seen by me in a picture in the kitchen of Liberty Hall in Kenansville, NC, however.)


PROFESSOR RANDALL KENAN, writer, beloved heart-writer at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (PLEASE click THIS!!!: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2731786&ref=ts&fref=ts ).


NINE-YEAR faculty member at the Tennessee Williams endowed "Walter Dakin Endowment"-supported Sewanee (The University of the South) Writers Conference, FIRST confirmed to me that the people there are tone-deaf IDIOTS -- which I soon after learned first hand at Tennessee's installation in the "POET'S CORNER" of Cathedral St. John the Divine in Manhattan in late 2009, when Wyatt Prunty (a key Sewanee DESTROYER of the Williams Legacy), HORRIFIED THE ENTIRE AUDIENCE by reading the "Orange Branch" poem from THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA as if it were an EXCEL SPREADSHEET!!! !!! !!!


Thank GOD, my friend Gregory Mosher was there too, Vanessa Redgrave, Olympia Dukakis, and the total cut-up Williams scholar, Annette Saddick. Without their presences (and I was SITTING with John Uecker -- whom I did not yet KNOW had murdered TW!!!), I think I would have DIED in that audience, or later at the Bishop's After-Reception, which Vanessa and Gregory had the SANITY to skip!!!


Thomas Keith (who had been instrumental in planning the event), told me that Vanessa had DEMANDED seats for FIFTY PEOPLE, and he was just FURIOUS. Later, I realized it was her statement of DISGUST -- and a WRY way of letting them SHE was not going to be MURDERED-IN-THE-CATHEDRAL.


And funnier STILL is that all along, Thomas had told me that John Uecker and I would have two of only EIGHT RESERVED SEATS, front and center. Result-o??? We were seated in the LAST of a dozen rows of reserved seats -- ha-ha -- but the moment Gregory Mosher saw ME, he walked back like a TEN GALLON TEXAN PEACOCK to shake my damn hand most firmly (but entirely ignored John Uecker). WHY did it take so long for me to SEE???


Lithium.


I didn't know it then, but virtually ALL THE REST were part of the CIA/REPUBLICAN PARTY/EPISCOPAL CHURCH narco-trafficking organization (including my brother M ike who secretly sat in back -- AND DIDN'T ACKNOWLEGE HAVING EVEN BEEN THERE UNTIL TWO YEARS LATER!!! ), who had MURDERED Tennessee Williams then STOLEN his estate from Harvard by bribing people I know to illegally overturn the codicil to TW's will that he had added at the suggestion, IN FRONT OF ME, of Jackie Kennedy Onassis (including some who ADMITTED THIS to me) -- but the Lithium I was still on had made me so STUPID it took YEARS to finally connect all the dots!!!


And my OWN MOTHER had told them she had me perfectly controlled on that Lithium which gave Maria St. Just the key to tell Uecker to smother Tennessee with a pillow that night -- Maria's top co-plotters being Sewanee's rights lawyer, Michael Remer of NYC and the only one of them still living: John Eastman of the law firm EASTMAN & EASTMAN in Manhattan (unless you count Thomas Keith and Arturo (Thomas's boyfriend), whose Colombian Cocaine Narco-Trafficking family LIVE IN STONE MOUNTAIN, GA!!! (but Thomas and Arturo actually came in later).


Well, I've gotten off subject AGAIN. Sorry.


Randall Kenan's prose writing is so poetic and spiritual that it will beDEVIL the "devil" RIGHT OUT OF YOU -- and leave you on a distant planet (which is right here).


You can read the rest of my praises of Randall deep in my blog and of course please check Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Kenan , which leads to his own site at UNC and his books -- ALL STILL IN PRINT -- can be bought on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Randall-Kenan/e/B001ITRJU6 .


Now, I must run and get ready for dinner with a new friend.


Scott


 
 
I stand with Frank.
 
 
 
Scott

.

No comments: