Monday, January 7, 2013

Before Advancing Further (and farther) . . .



 
 
 
 
>>> YOU KNOW (this is going to be a FUN ONE) !!!:
 
 
This is from Kennedy's FAVORITE translation of the Judeo-Christian Bible (he was always careful to designate which religious group's "bible"), THE JERUSALEM BIBLE, an authorized Catholic translation. Interestingly, not many years after it came out (first copyright: 1966), the Catholic Church replaced it with THE NEW JERUSALEM BIBLE, and copies of the first one became nearly impossible to find. Kennedy knew how to order them for his Christian-Judeo Bible class (or vice-versa).
 
 
I should probably also mention that Kennedy grew up in a large, impoverished Catholic family in Pittsburgh, PA, and was a psychologist in NYC for many years, learning from HIS teacher, Dr. -- oh LORD!!! and now I'm blanking on HIS name. In any case, they met in Alice Tully Hall for Sunday services. Here is the website of First Church of Religious Science (NOT a corrupted "Spiritual Living Center", like Atlanta Church of Religious Science became later): http://www.fcrsny.org/What%20We%20Believe.htm . I'll paste in their statement "What We Believe" below the quotation from the Bible (very soon to come).
 
 
Another totally cool thing about Kennedy(besides that he and I shared the expansion-from-Catholicism thing), was that he sometimes gave talks based on AMAZING things his "retarded" Uncle Boo! (they really called him that -- as did the uncle, himself), sometimes said. Boo! lived in the same house, I believe.
 
 
Here is Dr. J. Kennedy Schultz's example of a PERFECT Spiritual Mind Treatment (what those who practice Science of Mind call their scientific approach to prayer): It is otherwise known as the Twenty-third (some versions 24th) Psalm. All obvious emphases and (comments) are mine:
 
 
THE GOOD SHEPHERD
 
 
 
Yahweh is my shepherd
     I lack NOTHING.
 
 
In meadows of green grass he lets me lie.
To the waters of repose he leads me;
     there he revives my soul.
 
 
He guides me by paths of virtue
    for the sake of his name (God's name, YHWH, means "I am that I am" -- why breaking the second commandment happens if you say ANYTHING negative after starting by invoking God's name. Example: "I am a sinner.", although there is nothing wrong with saying "I have sinned, or rather ERRED." -- all this was also taught to me by Kennedy).
 
 
Though I pass through a gloomy valley, (significant time of fear or depression)
     I fear no harm;
beside me your rod and your staff (shepherd's poker to get 'em moving and crook-ed staff to yank them back)
     are there to hearten me.
 
 
You prepare a table before me
     under the eyes of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil, (how the Patriarch designated his heir in Olden Days)
     my cup brims over.
 
 
Ah, how goodness and kindness pursue me,
     every day of my life!!!
 -- my HOME, the HOUSE OF YAHWEH --
         as long as I live!!!
 
 
 
 
And so it is!!!
 
 
 
 
 

Declaration of Principles
by Ernest Holmes
 
 

We believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; one, indestructible, absolute, and self-existent Cause. This One manifests itself in and through all creation but is not absorbed by its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God; it is the theological and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.

Bullet We believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in everyone and that all people are incarnations of the One Spirit.

Bullet We believe in the eternality, the immortality, and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.

Bullet We believe that the Kingdom of Heaven is within us and that we experience this Kingdom to the degree that we become conscious of it.

Bullet We believe the ultimate goal to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.

Bullet We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.

Bullet We believe that God is personal to all who feel this Indwelling Presence.

Bullet We believe in the direct revelation of Truth through the intuitive and spiritual nature of the individual, and that any person may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the Indwelling God.

Bullet We believe that the Universal Spirit, which is God, operates through a Universal Mind, which is the Law of God; and that we are surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of our thought and acts upon it.

Bullet We believe in the healing of the sick through the power of this Mind. We believe in the control of conditions through the power of this Mind.

Bullet We believe in the eternal Goodness, the eternal Loving-kindness, and the eternal Givingness of Life to all.

Bullet We believe in our own soul, our own spirit, and our own destiny; for we understand that the life of all is God.
 
 
Top of Page
 
 
 
 
 
The work of Dr. J. Kennedy Schultz can be bought via Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/J.-Kennedy-Shultz/e/B001K8NT0O or by googling to find other of his print and audio work.
 
 
 
Scott
 
 
.

No comments: