Friday, January 11, 2013

Federales on DOG STREET in CHACALA -- OH MY!!!

 
Typical Federale Troop Patrol in the fight against the Mexican Drug Cartels. You rarely see this except near the border or if traveling cross country long distance.

 
 
 
 
>>> THANK GOD!!!: no lions and tigers or bears (not counting gentlemen):
 
 

Actually, what happened is that (50 minutes???) after I posted that post about KIE at Duke ending with the real cute picture of Mr. Soni (who must HATE looking so young -- wait til later, Bud), I was sitting on my terrace drinking a Coka and smoking -- meditating, really -- I saw a two-vehicle "convoy" of Federal troops that looked EXACTLY like this but no face masks drive by my apartment.
 
 
Now to set the scene properly, you need to know a little bit about where I live -- more than I've told before: I live in +/- the furthest reaches of this village of 300 year-round residents, on a road that is limited by the SECURITY FENCED Chacalita Annex, a huge compound of quite a few homes stating at $400,000.00 USD (which buys a HELL OF A LOT MORE HOUSE HERE -- even on the beach, than it does anywhere in the USA), up to several million.


Basically, if you drive the only road in from Mex 200, nine km away, it ENDS at the Chacalita MASSIVE SOLID WOOD GATE with guards because it was the BUILDING of those homes about ten years ago that BROUGHT the only road here. Before that, there was an improved rugged trail that was treacherous for four-wheel-drive vehicles -- why the pirates all came to stay in Chacala after Puerto Vallarta kicked them out in the year I-don't-know.


After that, the Chacala Sea-Turtle Slaughter was known for its ENORMITY, until the Law changed all that -- and without difficultly, by all accounts. But during the years before the road was built, Chacala would have been a PERFECT drug-smuggler's hangout -- don't ya think???


I've never heard anything one way or the other about that, so nothing to say.


But getting back to today's roads, this new road ends at the end of MY road, officially "Islas Marias" (Islands of Marys or something similar), but called DOG STREET due to all the dogs (many of whom are born of my landlady's fecund bitches, I'm sure!!!), and I'm a long block travelling toward the beach. Traffic then turns left at the first or second actual road, and the two of THOSE roads merge immediately before becoming our own "Beach Drive". Take any left turn and you climb a block back to the new road to leave town.


MOST traffic takes it in the OPPOSITE direction coming into town, as it is more scenic and you go through all the busy area to say hi to friends and back up traffic for days on end, assuming you can get your car by all the OTHER vehicles who got there before you and think nothing of just stopping anywhere they chose. This is part of the irresistible charm of living in Mexico.


The Federales came scenically into town and past my house shortly after I last blogged -- the FIRST TIME EVER I had ever seen them in town or anywhere nearer than Highway MEX 200, 6 miles out. I thought, Is this a coincidence or are they here to protect me as I've got Sinaloa or someone RABID -- AGAIN???


Because I soon went into a state of contemplation that all but totally removed me from my environment, I almost MISSED that somewhere out of sight, they had TURNED AROUND and drove back by -- when the shorter easier route would have been to continue on and out of town of down one of the several side streets a block back to the beach.
 
 
Now here comes the part that it might still be a little risky to tell you, but Chacalita was built with the then-Governor of Estado Nayarit getting a PLUM PRIME house for free in exchange for getting the Estado Government to build nearly ALL the road (and maybe more as well). And while MOST locals will tell you this plainly, my friend who owns Chac Mool Cafe absolutely INSISTED that there was NO ILLEGAL BRIBE (saying the house, etc. was a LEGAL FEE required by the Government -- but HEY!!! -- he and his wife LIVE in Chacalita, so don't need political reprisals, no???), but then my restaurateur friend DID go on to say that that governor was CONVICTED of corruption over the free house and contributed road, but after serving only THREE DAYS of a lengthy prison term, he was PARDONED by the following Governor of Estado Nayarit -- who just happened to me his own son.
 
 
HA!!!
 
 
Well, I'd better leave it right there for now, but Chacala/Chacalita is GUARANTEED to have more stories than i will ever be able to tell, so I invite any writers interested in GREAT TRUE STORIES to come join me in the GOLD MINE OF A TOWN!!!
 
 
Scott

* * *


>>> ON TO FRESH MATERIAL (shall we???) !!!:
 
 
 
I took this LONG for 'em to get it up??? Well, although due to copyright issues I cannot view this clip in Mexico, I'm sure it's just FABU, and I just LOVE ME a giant Republican Boner to lick and stoke and tease til it POPS. I bet George W.... Bush has the best one (regardless the size, which I'm certain is not stingy). I've always seen him as the JOKER in this, and he ACTUALLY had to have held BACK what his Dad and Dick Cheney were HELL-BENT to do, when you think how FAST Obama has actually done MORE for Daddy Bush and Dick Cheney in FAR LESS the time!!!


I'd be George W. Bush's SEX SLAVE til eternity -- if it wasn't for Laura whom I actually have always liked. I mean: she was a LIBRARIAN, and for the MILD professions, that one is TOPS (teachers are NOT mild -- the good ones, that is). And you KNOW W's got some fine Chest Hair and he takes good care of himself. And despite what people claim about his SMARTS-Q, the most BRILLIANT thing I think I ever heard a President say from an official stage, was his "the Internets", a comment that set off a TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE ruckus that was actually nothing but a TOTAL DISTRACTION from what he had hoped to convey!!!


George is MY MAN (that just means I like him and feel it intensely in this moment)!!!


Scott
 


Like · · Promote ·
 
 
.

No comments: