Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Tale of Two Stand-Up Comedians: Chris Harrje of Wilmington, NC and Diamante Azul of Chacala, Mexico (one of them WON)!!!


Photo of Chris Harrje (on left), with his then boyfriend (name unknown), circa spring 2011, taken by me.





>>> WHY CHRIS HARRJE WON (It's NOT just his nose, indicative of the size of his "State of Florida" -- from what I've seen, Diamante Azul could at least MATCH HIM!!!) :


1. Chris is TOTALLY COOL, even if he's blocked me on Facebook and in emails since mid-2011. He lives his life of exotic lusts on the streets wherever he is, and is COMPLETELY honest about that in his comedy act -- until shortly after I came to Wilmington PRECISELY December 30, 2010, early evening.


This includes Chris's lusty enjoyment of copious alcohol and drugs, but that GOES WITH HIS PROFESSION, so DANGEROUS, but to at least SOME degree, necessary. I don't have a problem with drugs, per se -- I have a problem with how the profits from them CORRUPT GOVERNMENT. That said, I'd recommend coffee to all, cigarettes as "peace pipe" to those who need something to calm down -- just watch the HABIT!!! Alcohol is fine for most, not ALL. Marijuana is fine for all as well -- in fact it is a BETTER choice than alcohol. Ask your shrink or counselor -- or google for more info. This paragraph goes ONLY for "adults".


I specifically would NOT recommend crack-cocaine, meth (or other forms of "speed"), the opiates and similar synthetics. Hallucinogens are fine in moderation for those with spiritual development -- and a line or two of powder-cocaine about twice yearly won't harm a thing!!!


Cocaine is NOT, however, recommended as a daily SEX-AID.


Anyway, what happened when I moved to Wilmington (living variously in my personal car-unit until I found someone who would rent to me after several months), I found the NUTT STREET Comedy Club downstairs at the Soap Box Laundro-Mat and Bar on Front Street (at Nutt). See: http://soapboxlaundrolounge.com/NUTT_ANOTHER/Welcome.html .


There I enjoyed all the shows -- especially locals who got free stage one night per week. Chris Harrje was the king of these guys (no women to speak of), and they all interacted whether on stage or not -- increasing the HEAT in the small club which caused all the BETTER-bodied guys to remove their shirts before going onstage.


Well, I think you got the PICTURE, but what I liked best was that most of their jokes were thinly-disguised accounts of having sex with each other -- which the nearly-entirely "straight-identifying" audience HOWLED over, everyone "getting" everything, of course.


One night that was uncharacteristically mild, all the guy comics were hanging out shirtlessly in the back smoking porch (it was more like a very cool cavern), and I went out to smoke (tobacco), but smelled that and more. And everyone was really cutting up -- Chris Harrje moving into my face, almost, as I began to tease them "sexually" with words.


At first, he was mildly confrontational, but when he saw I could keep up with his wit and bested him TWICE, he let me sniff his armpit as my reward. This got me going more, and I had ALL of them rolling on the floor laughing as I led Chris down a verbal fantasy of the two of us in bed -- he playing along -- rather BRILLIANTLY (as I recall).


Eventually, everyone had to leave and I went home with none of them. But from that point on, I teased Chris and vice-versa about sex -- and he was ALWAYS a good sport and came back with stronger and stronger words, not because he was upset -- but because he knew i could take it -- I'd then fire back a BIGGER ONE at him.


Those were the days. But all the fellas -- including Chris -- began getting freaked out because there had been so many witnesses, and soon ALL their comedy made fun of women. And it was NOT PRETTY or clever, or "multidimensional" like their comedy about their gay sex acts -- in fact it was about rough treatment of sluts and whores, rape, and abusive treatment of women from the perspective of drunken or drugged husbands or boyfriends.


Even Timmy the manager (or maybe owner of just the downstairs club), was ALSO kind of shocked by that -- and I saw him take the stage a time or two to do something that was ACTUALLY FUNNY, but the others never seemed to get the idea. And Timmy turned out to be a Congregant of First Presbyterian Church -- like I was then. I'm sure he's cleaned out all that abusiveness since then.



CHRIS HARRJE IS NOW A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!!!



And before I paste in the link, from what I can tell, he collected these stories from various people around Wilmington and/or got first billing, appropriately, I'm sure.


I read the free part Amazon lets you read before buying, and I've deduced that Chris was high as a kite when he wrote it -- mostly because it skips all over SEAMLESSLY like stream-of-consciousness writing traverses, hanging together NOT AT ALL as a short story. That said, it's a WORTHY trip all around Wilmington, and ESPECIALLY downtown -- it being an ACCURATE description of the lives of MOST of the people I met who liked to hang out downtown -- whether they were rich or poor.


I believe it will FASCINATE anyone -- especially those who do NOT live or play in downtown Wilmington at night. Writing and grammar errors seem appropriate for this type of writing and none of them jarred me:


http://www.amazon.com/Pabst-Blue-River-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00B40EA6A



And here are my old Blog Posts concerning Mr. Chris Harrje, some containing Facebook conversations with him and others, ALL are "High Comedy", and have LOW profanity, surpisingly:


http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/04/again-i-put-homophobes-in-their-place.html

http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/04/wilmington-ncs-best-home-grown-stand-up.html

http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/04/dean-hansell-lead-attorney-for.html

http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/04/more-specifics-on-murders-of-natalie.html

* * *


>>> ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION: I had a long and great talk with my Mom today -- to wish her a Happy Mother's Day, but MORE to let her know I do NOT apologize for a single one of my words or actions -- I think Ms. Cher clarified the worthiness of EVER apologizing in her song "Sorry", nes pas???


And I AGAIN told Mom that no matter what I write or FEEL, I have never forgotten that ABOVE IT ALL, the fact remains: My mother was the PERFECT PERSON to raise me rather toughly so I would be trained and prepared to deal with my now-former Political Troubles (some details not yet finalized).


She was so thrilled through it all, that I took a risk and brought up a political subject -- that for possibly different reasons, we would agree that it was now PLAINLY CLEAR that President Obama would soon be either impeached or he would resign, SLAM-DUNK, due to the corruption of the IRS, but possibly what happened in Benghazi and the "cover-up" as well -- once that really all comes out.



There: VICTORY!!!



Mom also agreed with me that both Republicans and Democrats would FAR PREFER "Give 'Em Hell" Joe Biden as President. I wish I knew what is happening with Hillary Clinton now -- I just feel that in the end she will TRIUMPH.


* * *


>>> MY LAST EMAIL TO DIAMANTE AZUL:



I knew you wouldn't be mad -- you're a BUSINESSMAN, probably a very good one. Emotions get IN THE WAY of anyone seeking success as I bet you know.
I'll mask the image of your son's face -- although I doubt anyone of that age is easily facially identified. It's a fair request, but I'm gonna complete the last email I'll send you before taking you off my list. Shortly after that, I will do it. Check and remind me if I forget, please.
FYI, Arturo just asked me to delete Chac Mool Cafe. Since it says it was sent from his phone, I doubt he's read what I wrote about him, but I'll send him no more, beginning after I send the next one. I do NOT knowingly talk behind anyone's back!!!
If you have a problem with my publishing the conversation, I suggest you contact a lawyer to see what legal remedy is available to you in Mexico. In the USA, correspondence is OWNED (mostly paper mail), by the recipient and BOTH have the right to publish it.
All best -- and if you DO ever want an EXCELLENT BLOW JOB (or fuck my ass), I'm your man and I won't tell and you'll love it. People think because I'm honest about my faults as well as my better parts -- as well as use such info ABOUT OTHERS to make political and other points that I blab everything. NOT TRUE!!! Because everyone thinks I tell all, they NEVER ask me for secrets or try to pry anything out of me. THAT's why it is so easy for me to KEEP them. HA!!!
I'll throw in a still-sealed jar of crunchy peanut butter -- if you mention it in advance . . .
Scott


On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM, DIAMANTE AZUL wrote:


you know I am not even mad at you but its creepy what you did. I will ask you nicely to take the picture of my son of your blog please. and I did not give you permission to put any conversation .

* * *


>>> WELL, AT LEAST WE'RE NOT ALL BONOBOS (We'd PROBABLY be ILLEGAL in North Carolina!!!) :






.

No comments: