Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And They THOUGHT They Took My CAKE, Too!!!

 
 
I respond by channeling Donna Summers . . .
 
 
 
 
 
 
>>> BUT SERIOUSLY, FOLKS:


When my Bank of America debit card was compromised a few months ago at a PEMEX station (this is a common scam, in Mexico of swiping your card on a special reader that can then ACT AS IF it is the card and make purchases. I watched carefully to make sure no PEMEX employees did this to me -- until one day I was outsmarted), BoA took care of the claim and immediately sent me a new card -- but THEN, I noticed the charge did not IMMEDIATELY appear on my account as the associate told me would happen, so I called them back and they said they must have GOOFED: that my new card had NEVER been set up to come overnight -- but it had not yet gone out and they caught it and overnighted it.


So TODAY, I just checked and AGAIN, my account had not been charged for overnighting. I called. The associate said there was NO TRACKING NUMBER associated with my new card and that it HAD GONE OUT in US Mail.


I already had THOUGHT of the possibility of this (that I would be too late this time to change it short of VOIDING that one and issuing another one overnight), and realizing that I had WITHDRAWN the $500.00 I had in my account two days ago, and then Joseph C. Faulk, Jr. sent me $600.00 by Western Union yesterday, so I paid rent, recently paid all bills ($12.92 USD for TWO months of electric, $36.67 for ONE month of land-line phone and Internet, plus $7.87 for TWO months of water -- propane costing about $21.00 for a big five-foot tall cylinder when necessary), I STILL HAVE over $500.00 cash to last 2.5 weeks or so for living expenses -- and I CERTAINLY won't need that in Mexico where most produce is the equivalent of 30 cents per pound and is FARM-RIPE and usually ORGANIC!!!


So I told the BoA associate that because of my strong politics, I have had this EXACT PROBLEM BEFORE -- and I DON'T blame the bank at all!!! Hackers just got into the system and DELIBERATELY slowed things so that I would be more inconvenienced. I'm sure BOTH BoA employees set me up for overnighting -- and then the Devils played their electronic games.


So I am happy just to wait . . . and no matter who or WHAT Joseph Faulk actually IS, he DOES have a way of SAVING MY ASS (advertently or not)!!!


* * *


>>> BACK TO THE MATTER OF THE RETURNED UPS SHIPMENT:


This sent by Joseph Faulk from the UPS Store in Lower Manhattan (a LONG way from his Central Park West apartment), and then returned to him there. I blogged about this a few days ago, see halfway down here: http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2013/05/letter-to-former-half-disco-bunnyhalf.html .


When I followed up with MBE here in Puerto Vallarta the owner told me that according to the records SHE could access, NO ONE working for MBE had ever been CONFRONTED with that package. She also said that after the few days intervening NEITHER MBE nor UPS had RESPONDED to her inquiries AT ALL!!!


But I pointed out that Joseph got the package and resent it -- and that I had gotten a GOOD POLITICAL TRUE STORY, so not to worry about it.


THAT SAID, long-time readers of this blog KNOW that it was the big joke at all the Pentagon Publishing, Inc. Christmas Parties going back to the mid-1990s (or late ones), that a box containing marijuana that had been packed and shipped UPS by the son of the General who then was head of the US Air War College at Maxwell AFB (with whom we had an advertising contract for their yearbook), to Patrick Stansbury, and GONE MISSING without any later ramifications AT ALL.


Everyone always MARVELLED over that -- and at the Christmas Party 2009, I brought it up AGAIN -- as I did EACH YEAR -- to make sure that NO ONE ever forgot it (and without even knowing WHY I did that, then -- HA!!!).


This was from during the time that I also witnessed large packets of cash changing hands between Patrick Stansbury and now-former GA Republican Congressman John Linder at Blue Ribbon Grill in Tucker, GA, where from company beginnings until about the year 2000, we always gathered for lunch and distribution of commission checks every Friday.


The ONLY other thing I know about that AF General, is that he happened to be BLACK (aka "African American").


Well, I think I'll return to my VICTORY PARTY, already in progress . . .


Scott





.

No comments: