Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I SETTLE with John Lahr (in absentia)!!! NO ONE Else Has Contacted ME (hint, hint, Jennifer Harjo!!!)








>>> FURTHER EMAIL EXCHANGE WITH MS. RACHEL BROOKE:



Dear Ms. Brooke,

No, I must thank YOU -- first because of YOUR professional, honest, and diplomatic communications. You see, since about five days after I first sent that May 22 communication to Mr. Lahr, I realized he'd be a FOOL to respond to me -- and that means ONLY that he is politically smart (as I expected, but took a while to see in this situation).

And I got to know him QUITE WELL in our email conversations back in 2010 (and I think a phone conversation or two back then as well -- but I'm not certain of my memory of that). I know that John is a man of Integrity, so we'll just have to wait to see the "pudding" he's producing -- meaning ONLY that that's where it is said that the TRUTH lies, the last two words possibly being ironic ("ironical" in South Jersey, US of A).

So please pass on my best wishes to Mr. Lahr as he continues -- and use this email to request (or demand if you must), a RAISE or PROMOTION, as given how absolutely WELL you have performed in our "peculiar situation", ANY even HALF-decent employer would recognize you as a KEEPER of highest caliber!!!

All best to you in Life and in the above-mentioned regard,

Scott


 
PS Whilest I'm on it, I will remove you after emailing the posting of this exchange, but I ALSO must confess (to ALL), that even though I have at times really RAGGED on Erin Burnett, Ashleigh Banfield, and Anderson Vanderbilt-Cooper on my blog, ALL of them have improved TREMENDOUSLY in recent days or daze -- depending on your perspective.

 
Also, about nine months after HuffingtonPost.com BLOCKED ME PERMANENTLY from commenting there with no explanation or appeal (January of 2011, and unlike ANY other website that is "public" -- except www.starnewsonline.com , but the Wilmington, NC STAR NEWS only temporarily and only five or nine times), I came to realize that given HuffPost's rather INTIMATE CONNECTION with the KENAN INSTITUTE FOR ETHICS at Duke University, it would have been INAPPROPRIATE for me to continue to comment like I was doing there.


On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Rachel Brooke  wrote:


Dear Mr. Kenan:
I forwarded your message to John Lahr on May 22nd. As I told you at the time, he has quite a busy schedule. I am sorry to hear that you haven’t heard from him, but as assistant to Mr. Lahr’s literary agent, this is quite out of my hands.
My thanks in advance for maintaining a professional decorum and removing me from this list, and best of luck with your projects.
Sincerely,
Rachel Brooke
 
 
* * * 
 
 
>>> A COUPLE OF HARDY-HAR-

HARS!!!:
 
 
1. On CNN at noonish, I saw that Mexico now has a THEME PARK where for $20.00 USD one can live through a typical illegal border crossing (and learn a lot about why it is BEST to remain in Mexico).
 
 
Not only do I SALUTE whoever came up with this idea and the "punkiness" of it, I would like to say that it is the EXACT SAME COST (+/-), as the 200 pesos that Drug Mafiosa "Alfredo" Cornelio Prada Diaz -- see: http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2012/08/movin-on-up-to-east-side.html -- used to bribe me INTO Mexico at the main checkpoint about 12 miles south of Nuevo Laredo in 2010, when my passport had been stolen from my car en route to Mexico and I did NOT learn about this until too late.
 
 
That said, as soon as I got to Colima, I had Cincinnati, OH overnight me a birth certificate and I went to the US Consulate in Guadalajara and got an immediate replacement passport, so all was OK, soon enough.
 
 
2. Now if you'll PARDON ME, I have to order a Micro-Touch MAX, so I TOO can get "groomed to the MAX" so I shall be ACCEPTABLE to today's INFANTILE AMERICAN CITIZENRY!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Scott


* * *

 
>>>ADDED BONUS: WILLIAM SHUMAN JUST REPLIED TO ME:



With ALL DUE RESPECT, how do YOU reconcile Tom's lines (both referring to himself):

"A wounded man badly bandaged,"

and

"angel among monsters,"???


And with MORE "due respect", I KNOW that ONLY a person who never had the BALLS to really live, would use as an excuse for his COWARDICE your OWN sentence: "But most great artists are "wounded" in one way or another."

Scott


On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM, William Shuman wrote:


Scott,

I am not retired as you suggest, I have, in fact, a rather demanding schedule and would prefer to read something I find fascinating (which is how I view your memoir) at my leisure rather than try to rush through it just to finish it.

As to the poem. It is in fact verse VII (that's how it's listed in my copy). It begins:

"Who am I?
A wounded man badly bandaged,
A monster among angels,
or, angel among monsters,
A box of questions shaken up and scattered on the floor

A foot on the stairs, a voice on a wire,
a busy collection of thumbs that imitate fingers,
an enemy of yours. Your lover."

It is the final stanza of the poem and rightly or wrongly I believe it speaks directly to a particular vision that Williams had of himself. I don't believe it is the only vision. He was too complex a man for that to be so. But most great artists are "wounded" in one way or another.

William Shuman

 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
.

No comments: