Monday, June 17, 2013

Various or Vericose Veins -- YOU Be the JUDGE!!!

 
 
 
 
 

>>> A QUICK UPDATING since I am TOTALLY blocked for now from the Internets, I am writing off-line for now :
 

1. Yesterday, I continued my brilliant relationship with the two 16-year-old near-lovers I had met on Mismaloya Beach the day before. I had the LONG heart-to-heart with the extraordinary young man who’s proven himself as a surfer, but has OTHER areas he will one day be a WORLD LEADER in. Because he was raised by Christians (Baptists), where his Mom claims she will KILL him if she finds out he evefr smokes pot because she is a REFORMED alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and methamphetamine addicts who FOUND JESUS and RUNS the entire family, the cool Dad I talked with for twenty minutes ALWAYS yielding to his wife in ALL DECISIONS like a good Christian FAGGOT – yet my gaydar did NOT go off at all when we met!!!

The young girlfriend, who grew up to be a PREFECT mindful person in the Mile HIGH Church of Religious Science in Denver needed NO IDEAS FROM ME!!!

In the end, certain plans we had made – also including the 18-year-old brother of the girl – fell through (a cook-out at my house, hopefully to be extended to BOTH entire families tonight at my house for a cook-out). I DID notice that these teens managed to score enough pot to stay sane around their OLD FOGEY, LYING PARENTS (meaning HIS parents, not so much hers).

Who knows what today might bring . . .

2. I decided to spurge last night and go to OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE for my “birthday dinner” last night – expecting that on Father’s Day (ALSO celebrated in Mexico), an over-crowding, but it was NOT SO AT ALL!!!

I almost missed the restaurant because it has a somewhat shabby appearance from the road (tacky three-foot chain-link fence dividing their labeled close-to-street parking from the rest of their lot – a fence that besides looking totally TRASHY would only keep small animals out.

That said, I was pleased to see that they do such a great job keeping up the interior and staff appearance, so expected the same standards of food and service I could always count on them for in the USA.

I was ENORMOUSLY disappointed – especially since when I was here in 2010, they were ALWAYS in the press for supporting wonderful initiates to help the local community, even though I have NOT seen even ONE REPORT of that since I’ve been back the last year.

Without going into too many details of my discussions with management before I left (they responded PERFECTLY in appearance – yet CLEARLY did not give ONE SHIT about my valid criticisms. It was like “THE LIGHTS ARE ON, BUT NOBODY’S HOME”.

My criticisms:
 

1.       NO Foster’s draft!!! (This one is understandable because the process of importing alcoholic beverages can be DAUNTING and if this in the ONLY OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE in Mexico, it might not be practical to serve THE ICON beverage of their chain. I assume NO ONE can import Fosters in ANY type container to Mexico since they don’t have it bottles or cans either.)

 

This one is minor due to these considerations.

 

2.       I will shrivel up and DIE if I do NOT eat a “Bloomin’ Onion” at least once every three years or so, and BLESSEDLY the one I was served was about half-volume of any I have ever received in the USA. I still could not quite finish all of it, but wondered when they had begun serving medium instead of large onions – here for 99 pesos (about $8.61 USD for a medium onion batter-dipped and deep fried – nice mark-up in Mexico, where onions sell for about 30 cents per pound, no??? – this one weighing at half pound AT MOST, so costing 15 cents).

 

But that was only the HALF OF IT!!! It was fried a shade TOO DARK for any professional to serve – but I LIKE dark-side fried batters, so I was OK with that and the oil was NOT too old to use – which can PREMATURELY darken fried foods.

 

3.       The only other thing I ordered, a Caesar salad with chicken, came with the lettuce still dripping much water – as if rinsed and not allowed to drain properly before being used. Only HALF of the lettuce had ANY dressing on it and that same half did NOT have enough to properly coat that half it was on!!!

 

WORSE, most of the dressing had little garlic flavor, but FOUR BITES were as if they included a quarter clove of garlic – so TOO intense!!! (But don’t they produce the dressing and distribute it, so this should NOT have occurred as if an in-house disaster???)

 

4.       After I completed eating as much as I could and had pushed both plates away from me with cutlery lying ACROSS my plate and I nursed the remaining one inch of beer while waiting for my check, TEN MINUTES passed while I watched the store manager having a sit-down conversation with the floor manager across the bar from me (I sitting at the tables immediately surrounding the bar – there tables nearly full, although only about 25% of the rest of the restaurant ON FATHER’S DAY at 9:00 PM, were in use.

 

The restaurant was WELL staffed and servers constantly passed my table, but none offered me another beer, cleared a plate, or acknowledged me in any other way. After ten minutes the beer was one and I placed the empty glass prominently as well. Ten minutes after THAT, I flagged a person for my check and eventually gave BOTH the floor and store managers my honest opinion, which since I HAD told the floor manager when he seated me in a two-minute conversation how I’ve worked with the Mexican Government to RUN the CIA narco-traffickers out of town and IN FACT Mexicans had finally revealed to me how they have worked WITH me behind the scenes (as written about in this blog a day or so ago), that while NO ONE should get different service than anyone else, ALL restaurant management keeps an eye out to see that the “well-”connected"  get at least DECENT SERVICE – he ALSO knowing it was my birthday.

 

As I told THEM, the only reason for running a “run-down” restaurant that is NO WHERE NEAR the standards everyone in the USA knows can be relied on, is if they are ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN THE NARCO-TRAFFICKING TRADE, and I promised to alert not only my 500 email contacts of this CRIME against AT LEAST Outback Steakhouse’s REPUTATION and the parent CORPORATION, but email those at the top of that Corporation about this as well.

 

They were entirely stoic and then said they would pick up my check,  which I REALLY wanted to -- and almost DID insist that I pay my bill – or simply have left enough cash on the table to cover it.

 

Well, THAT was the most EVENTFUL birthday diner I have ever HAD – and I guess I’m glad I didn’t have to pay for it, although out of PRICIPLE, I wish I had.

 

Scott

No comments: