Friday, August 9, 2013

Let's MOVE FORWARD and HEAL THIS THANG!!!

 
An artist's rendering of Wilmington, NC Mayor Bill Saffo.
 
 
 
 
 
>>> THIS JUST IN @ 4:12 PM, CDT: The SECOND email I sent BOUNCED BACK from 243 email addressees, while the FIRST one bounced back from the typical eight.
 
  
 
 
 
 
"People should know when they're conquered."
 
 
"Would you, Quintus? -- Would I?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
* * *
 
 
>>> EMAIL JUST SENT MAYOR SAFFO (after I spoke with his assistant, Jackie) :



For Mayor Saffo and Jackie FIRST -- soon to "go out as 'normal'".

Scott Kenan 
12:30 PM (8 minutes ago)
to bill.saffo, bcc: me, bcc: Scott
9 August 2013


Dear Mayor Saffo:


I spoke with your able assistant Jackie this morning, and she said I should write YOU, and then email this to my list. I must admit that since I almost never HEAR from anyone, I was glad to hear that my emails have been reaching “everyone”, and that while Jackie didn’t SAY this, I got the feeling she has often been amused by them. Humor heals EVERYTHING in the end.


I woke up this morning with a DRY BED, and it occurred to me shortly thereafter, that the BEST WAY for ME to evolve past THE MONSTER I felt forced to become to SAVE MY LIFE (or at least freedom), is to make the effort to reach out for some kind of reconciliation, and while the difficulties I have endured have NEVER come from the Mayor’s Office, you are the Person of Political Focus in Wilmington, so maybe you can help.


My blog details the difficulties I’ve endured – but they are ALL IN THE PAST, now, so ONLY A STORY!!! And I’m fit, healthy, and full of Life, so if ANYHING in my experience had gone differently, I MIGHT NOT be alive today!!! Therefore, I THANK ALL MY ADVERSARIES AS WELL.


I apologize that I have NO IDEA what I’m going to write next – but the “whim” to call your office was CORRECT, so I’ll proceed.


I am fully aware that the City of Wilmington is NOT responsible for many of the difficulties I suffered there – but the beat Police downtown WERE very much a part of it, so the City IS Legally Culpable. And I ADMIT that I am approaching YOU because I expect you and your Democratic Party would be more understanding of my position. While not FAIR to come to you, you and Wilmington will gain the MOST from my book – or more likely BOOKS about my experience – and REALLY, this will happen whether or not ANYONE compensates me for my difficulties AT ALL.


Let’s face it: My book(s) have the potential to SURPASS John Berend’s MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL in a similar type SOUTHERN STORY, and we ALL know what that book did to the economy of Savannah. Wilmington has been the “poor step-sister” to so MANY other Southern places – yet you and I KNOW the incredible history, art, architecture, beaches – EVERYTHING, really – that makes Wilmington a DEEPLY FASCINATING place full of COLORFUL CHARACTERS – and if I remember right, you’ve made a commitment to join with Bobby Cox and the BRAVES from my “adult home”,  Atlanta – BRAVOS!!!


Please also consider that while Dan Brown’s DAVINCI CODE had an incredible FICTIONAL Carolina -- errr: Carolingian -- blood-line, the WEALTHY Kenans (not me!!!), have the ROYAL LINE IN SPADES for REAL!!! And I have my interesting “Cherokee Smidge” – probably 1/16 or 1/32.


The public LOVES this stuff – but truth be told, I’ve met about 30 Scot tourists in Puerto Vallarta and EVERY ONE OF THEM claims to be descended from the Stuarts (although they BICKER over its correct spelling!!!). HA!!!


We are ALL blood-connected (somewhere), but I have the PROOFS of the Kenan Line, so since it will be REAL HISTORY, FAR more fascinating (and Dan Brown is NOT a good “writer” – he is, however a GREAT STORYTELLER – I’m better at BOTH).


It also seems to me that I would by contract give the City some portion of ownership of profits from such book or books (as well as derivatives, such as movies, “action figures” and so forth) – I would have NO STORY without the participation of so many Wilmingtonians. We could negotiate this – but I think Wilmington Officials should decide – NOT ME – what Wilmington does with her money.


And then should it become a MOVIE or TV SERIES (stage play, etc.), it would obviously be filmed in Wilmington with coordinated PUBLICITY for Wilmington all along the way. It would be fun to cast some people to play themselves – and I would FIRST offer this to my dear friends Danny Sinatra, his wife Phoebe Dollar – and of course her Dad, “Confederate” Dollar.


But I can SWEETEN THE DEAL a good bit. If Wilmington, especially, “makes amends” with me, I will work with ANYONE (friend or “foe”), mentioned in my blog to change their names and/or identities IF THEY DESIRE. That said, I do NOT recommend this, because Southerners are COLORFUL and NO ONE (especially me), is “without sin”. And frankly, no one loves anyone MORE than a “reformed sinner” – and REFORMATION is the REAL NAME of my game!!!



I hold NO PERSONAL GRUDGES against ANYONE in Wilmington, and one of my greatest JOYS was to once witness Sen. Thom Goolsby RUNNING down Dock Street to the Oyster Bar with his wife and kids all screaming and having HONEST FUN.



I was BEYOND TERRIBLE to D.A. Ben David – and probably owe him some amends. EVERYONE seemed to be operating from FEAR, rather than FAITH IN TRUTH and the LAW, and THIS is what we all – me, included – need to get past.



So I am asking for $4,000,000.00 in compensation, but DROP my previous “demand” that that be after taxes. I still intend to give away half of net to Wilmington Charity, but THAT should NOT be government’s concern, so would be directly from me, after taxes, not from the City or other Government Entity. And I’m QUITE SINCERE when I report that powerful lawyers believe I could SUE for quite a lot more – and THAT would NOT make life easier for anyone who “erred against me” – AT ALL!!!


So even if you are AGAINST our finding common ground and understanding in a way that involves money – can we at least begin a DISCUSSION???


The one perhaps difficult thing that I would ask – and since he is DEAD, now, and unable to benefit from this, I guess this COULD be negotiable – is that an investigation be opened into the death of my friend Evan Fish. Maybe this would be too much of a “hot potato” right now . . .


But I believe we must keep FIRMLY IN MIND what is NOT in the Judeo-Christian Bible (although my Fave Minister always liked to declare this from the pulpit): “For God so loved the World – He did NOT send a COMMITTEE!!!”



So WHAT SAY YOU, Big Guy -- can we go FORWARD TOGETHER for a GREATER WILMINGTON???


Thank you for your consideration,
Scott D. Kenan


PS: Do you happen to keep any BAKLAVA in your office??? (If you hope I never appear there, reply “Never.”)



 
Artist's rendering of someone else whom I've had the pleasure of knowing . . .
 
  
 * * *


>>> HOPING TO REACH THEM BEFORE FRIDAY CLOSE OF BUSINESS, I emailed this @ 3:42 PM, CDT :







Dear Mayor Saffo and Jackie:


While I fully appreciate that my "missives" can be "multidimensional" -- or downright NUTTY, a simple acknowledgement of receipt would be appreciated, perhaps with an idea how long until you can give me some sort of at least "tentative take" on how long before someone can say nearly anything on the record (CORRECTED at 8:46 PM, CDT: " . . . can say anything at all -- on the record" ). I know things SEEM complicated to some when they deal with me.
 

And I apologize if my confidence is more than seems "human". When I met Patricia Sinatra (who actually lives in California), on the Wilmington Waterfront back-in-the-day, just by OSMOSIS -- or sumpthin', I got -- CARRIED AWAY!!!

 

Have a delightful WEEKEND!!!
 
 

Best,
Scott
 
  
 
 
 * * *
.
 
 
 
While I GREATLY appreciate and SUPPORT "SPQR" , to ENSHRINE the notion that "Faith" CANNOT BE FOUND IN ISRAEL (especially using this EMPHATIC construction with two NON-CANCELLING negatives), in a way that SURROUNDS and IMPRISONS THE STATE is to simultaneously declare (in cast bronze in the CENTER of a marble-floor Cathedral), that RELIGION MUST RULE ALL CIVIL GOVERNMENT
 
 
 
and that
 
 
 
Inhabitants of Israel are GOD-DAMNED!!!
 
 
 
 
 
This is EXACTLY HOW certain WHITE PEOPLE DECLARE BEFORE GOD their allegiance to the NAZI SWASTIKA (without us all SEEING it, no???)!!!
 
 
 
I took this photo this past December (2012), in Cathedral John the Divine in Manhattan. It is about 75 feet from Tennessee Williams' Stone in the Poet's Corner (which every one of the THREE TIMES since late 2009 that I have visited this Cathedral, has ALWAYS been barricaded off for "construction" THAT NEVER OCCURS, so that Tennessee's Stone CANNOT BE SEEN by visitors.
 
 
Although I HAVE NOT -- perhaps OTHERS have -- seen Emblems from the Roman Empire so PROMINENT in a Catholic or Protestant Church ANYWHERE before. Anyone seeing otherwise should contact me IMMEDIATELY, please.
 
 
 
>>>FINAL NOTE: Nothing about my approach to Wilmingtonians -- headed by THE BIG GREEK BEAR -- is meant in any way other than heartfelt sincerity.
 
 
 
Scott
 
 
 
Circus Bear Act
 
Although THIS Greek Bear is actually IN GREECE, he's NOT EMBARASSED to dance with Rip Van Winkel IN PUBLIC!!!
 
 
 
Dig???

 

>>> SCOTT'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!:



Nothing in this blog posting is concerning ANYONE's SEXUALITY -- and IN FACT such speculations, BALD VERBAL SEXUAL HARASSMENT, etc. which I have been LONG PRONE TO DO, are ENTIRELY INAPPROPRIATE in this NEW PHASE of THANGS.



I have CLEANED UP my ACT!!!



That said, you should "expect the unexpected" -- as usual . . .






 
.

No comments: