Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Honoring Mother Mary Austin of Sts. Phillip & James, Exton, Pennsylvania!!!

 
 
 
 
 




>>> AND NOW TO HONOR THE BEST NUN A BOY EVER HAD: MOTHER MARY AUSTIN:



1. I could NOT find pictures of Mother, head of the nuns in that convent, but she taught me in 7th grade, 1963 - 1964, and one day shortly after we had moved east from Louisville, Kentucky, Mother Mary Austin was called to the classroom door, there being a slight commotion. She ducked her head back into class, and excused herself for a few minutes.


The next thing we knew, she was on the P.A. system, telling us as gently as she could, that President Kennedy had been shot -- but was still alive, so "take out your rosaries", and before she led us through a whole decade, she got the news of his death.


There was a pause, and then we continued praying, now for President Kennedy's Eternal Soul.


2. Besides instilling me with an UNDYING LOVE of Maths and Logic, Mother used to fart "toot-ily" at FORTY HOURS DEVOTION -- if Kevin Hollaran and I were alter boys -- and no one else was present.


She knelt in a pew behind us, and always then, musically, said, "Pardon me boys!!!", years later, I completed her thought, "Am I a tetch early for the . . .


 
 
 
 
Kevin Holleran, today, PARTNER!!!
 
 
His offices are where High Street crosses Gay Street, the main intersection in the town I spend my best years in, West Chester, Pennsylvania: http://www.gawthrop.com/attorneys/kevin-holleran/ .
 


>>> A WEE BREAK from Mother -- to honor ANOTHER NUN!!!:




 
Sister Mary Isaac Koenig, History Scholar and Directoress of Tileson Outreach at Saint Mary's, Wilmington, North Carolina.
 
 
 
One of the two times I lined up before 5:00 AM to be sure to be able to speak with Sister Isaac, while later waiting my turn inside the packed room, she picked up a ruler and waving it in the air, reminded everyone that when a nun says she wants SILENCE, you'd BETTER PAY ATTENTION!!!


I couldn't HELP cracking up, and stole a glance at HER stifling the giggles -- you see nuns have the reputation for rapping naughty school children on the knuckles, although I know NO ONE who has ever witnessed this.


I looked around the room, and no one else seemed to have heard her, bedraggled street people, all, mostly black folks with equal numbers of Latinos and Whites -- although the three groups of mumblers DID shut up. She had intuited I was a Catholic school boy, and was playing to me.


 
You can't beat her and Father Bob (Robert J. Kus) -- NO MATTER WHAT I've blogged!!!



 
Father Bob Kus
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

* * *


NOW BACK to our previously dished-about Mother Superior.



FROM HERE, one of the very few places Mother Mary Austin

is celebrated: BROADWAY!!!: http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?page=99&thread=1052226&boardname=off&dt=2475&boardid=2 




Click images to see fully.



>>> POLITICAL AND TRUE!!!

In the process of writing this post, I tried to JOIN www.BroadwayWorld.com , and as happened a year and a half ago, I got the RESPONSE that I had SUCCESSFULLY JOINED, and only had to respond to the confirming email.


NEITHER TIME DID I EVER RECEIVE THE EMAIL.



THANK YOU UNITED STATES NAZI GOVERNMENT!!!


* * *



Favorite MMA quotes (of others):


“Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”  

“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”  

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”  

“My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”  


"Little boats toot loudest in a fog."

 
* * *


 
The "Catholic" Presidente de Mexico, Sr. Enrique Pena Nieto, with his wife and children.
 
 
 
Not pictured: THE FELLAS. One of whom escaped over the border after Pena Nieto tortured him in prison while Enrique was Governor of the State of Mexico.
 
 
 
Guess WHICH US PRESIDENT gave the refugee POLITICAL ASYLUM . . .




You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin110340.html#ePDuCOxOFCqm22yi.99
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin110340.html#ePDuCOxOFCqm22yi.99


Scott




.

1 comment:

sallie parker said...

Scott, are you very tall, as in being about 6'2" when you were merely twelve? And you had a sister named Jane, who was easily 5'10" at age 10? She was in my class.

I think you were in my sister's class and you sometimes knocked her and Leo Schwarz and Linda LeBoutillier out of competition as Top Student.

I was actually googling for Mother Mary Austin (Catherine Chapman of Centralia, PA) when I found your Blogger site. Interesting, large family, the Chapmans. I think I did her family tree on Ancestry. Brother was friar Edward Chapman, or "Father Ted," as he was introduced to us. Ran a mission in the mountains of Peru. One might ask why the Peruvians needed missioning after four or five centuries, but obviously they were resistant, resolutely pagan, and anyway there was also this thing called Missionary Tourism, useful for surplus clergy and religious, something we had in the 50s and 60s.

The business of the Kennedy Assassination being announced on the PA system is something I remember quite well, because I was being pestered by a boy in the next aisle just as the PA came on. You and Jane were fresh and new at SS. Philip and James, so your memories are bound to be sharp and brightly colored.


Kind regards

Sallie Parker