Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Oy Vey – Me Last Blog Post (here)!!!


This is a painting that hangs in the Cuban restaurant on the Puerto Vallarta Malecon, it the only satellite bar/restaurant to the one Hemingway hung at in Havana, Cuba with Fidel Castro and even Tennessee Williams. If I had HOME INTERNET I could now research its name.




My new blog, THE WEATHER CONTINUES . . .   begins January 1, 2014 and can be found here: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/scottkenan .



1.      Realizing, much later than EVERYONE ELSE I’m sure, that the CIA has all of this blog and other info on me already, so I don’t NEED to contact them – but I DO need to remove this blog since it is unfair of me to publish so much about so many and they (NOT-public people), have NO OPPORTUNITY to rebut me but this blog will continue coming up in searches of them. Also, because many people I have fingered for crimes could have GROWN UP since then and that makes this blog even MORE unfair to them. I also decided that what I will do AFTER this weekend is to contact the CIA and OFFER to be debriefed, etc., if they care to.

I think it is ESSENTIAL that I “officially” make the US Government know I am WILLING TO SERVE and there be some REAL RECORD of that.

1.      Yesterday, Internet Explorer DID work properly, but still takes a long time to open as well as a long time to load “controversial material”, especially, and I completely forgot to mention that Facebook actually began working correctly even BEFORE Google and CHROME did.


I
If my house were far taller -- THIS would be my view.


2.      Two momentous things happened yesterday. The first was at Costco, where I was speaking with one of the food demo people I first met in 2010. Back then, after I stupidly allowed all my money to be TRICKED out of me and I became homeless – I still had valid Costco membership and often went there to EAT, the PV Costco always more liberal than any I’ve been to in the States with samples (and often including samples of hard liquor, up to three varieties for sample at a time).

But the guy, not yet 25 years old, was always the friendliest as well as always very CONSCIOUSLY AWAKE, with excellent English, smarts, and a smirky sense of humor. I have always looked for him when I go as we always have fun talking for a minute or two. Yesterday, I learned that he has deeper knowledge of the USA than I had realized – and is interested in HISTORY more than anything else (and it was clear that he reads this blog frequently as well).

So although I am not used to the idea of cultivating friendship with someone that young, perhaps he and I will get together to discuss history – if he’s interested.



IPod Touch photo from my window toward a sunset. I can’t now find the photos of the Royal Poinciana in bloom.


The other thing that happened is that the LARGEST Royal Poinciana I have ever seen (called something entirely different here in Mexico) – and that was located just downhill from my front door so that its massive umbrella canopy was right in front of the door, gorgeous in orange flame for over a month in spring – also blocking much of the view – at 3:50 PM yesterday, simply fell over down the cliff in a gigantic CRASH.

The last 10 days, Puerto Vallarta has been having a FREAK rainy season, it raining MORE than it did in normal summer rainy season (I feel TERRIBLE for the tourists), so the ground was saturated and the tree tipped over.

This tree had a diameter that I could not completely surround with my seven-foot wingspan – HUGE!!! It hit no developed property or people and there was even enough slack in power and other cables that they did not snap. Since it was legally growing in a STREET that will never be paved, it becoming almost perfectly vertical, city workers came out and cut it up, clearing two paths that it fell across before dark, and since there is no way for humans or machines to safely get in to clear it, they will let it dry for a year and then burn it.

So while I HATED losing this huge specimen of my favorite tree, you would DROP RIGHT DEAD at how it has improved my view. If Pope Pancho wants to come to PV and address the whole town (south of the mountain with the tunnels running through it), he could do it from my front porch!!! Now I clearly see all of Gringo Gulch and the Rio Cuale valley, but the mountain on the other side which is heavily jungled, with areas of bare rock palisades and the TORRENTS of water that cascade down them in rainy season.

And all this wraps around to the perfect views of Zona Romantica out to the Pacific horizon in the distance, me about 20 stories above sea level.


I DARE you to come visit!!!


3.      Well, despite this blog’s impending disappearance as soon as I email out this posting, I am not in the mood to bad-type anyone in this my LAST OPPORTUNITY to do so. We all need to find our common ground and re-build our Societies more fairly.

2013 is the year when I CLAWED my way out of HELL, 2014 will be the year of helping to build HEAVEN (on Earth) – and my RETURN to my REAL PERSONALITY!!! Right now I have a TERRIBLE tooth ache from a cavity I will try to get filled today, so had better get going . . .


That’s all.


Scott





Mahalalel (the Prince of Peace), may have LANDED . . . somewhere. Let’s hope so.


.

No comments: