Thursday, March 13, 2014

RP: My Letter to a Tennessee Williams Scholar (and some good news as well)!!!

REPRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/03/my-letter-to-tennessee-williams-scholar.html




Click image to see FULLY.




>>> FIRST, QUICKLY: I just got five pages, TWO columns, of lab results on my various bodily functions and everything is within range -- and no sign of Hepatitis or HIV. Will soon hear from doctor if I've read this wrong.


>>> MY LETTER:


Hi Friend to me and Tennessee Williams,



Thanks for your note, and I, TOO, wish I could be at the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Festival this year, although not ALL associated with the Festival might agree with you and me.

I should tell you that I believe you are the first of the Williams Scholars & Friends to actually contact me with words since early 2010, the only exceptions being a couple of brief, cryptic words by email from Gregory Mosher two years ago, and several "Pokes" from John Lahr's nearly anonymous Facebook Page, ending two years ago. I took those to mean that Mr. Lahr was listening to me, but in his position could not be seen to be "in cahoots" with me -- which I'm certain he is NOT. I've never wavered from believing John Lahr will be as thorough and honest as possible, finding some diplomatic way to deal with what I allege against Sewanee, the Episcopal Church, and Republican Party, and their complicity in Tom's death and theft of his estate.

Although I have had to resort to ALL MANNER of street-fighting, trashiness, etc., through most of my blogging these past four years, I have relaxed enormously from that, especially since last week when I returned to the Mex-US border to renew visa and car permit, getting the Mexican Government's actual blessing on my living here -- and then two groups of Mexican Military officers debriefed me about my mother's connection to the Nazi former Catholic Popes, Cheney, the Bushes, Coach Lou Holtz, Fox News, etc. -- and of course the complicity in CIA narco-trafficking of President Clinton (out of greed), and President Obama (a blackmailed homosexual). 

I can tell you that ALL Mexicans I talk with KNOW about Tennessee Williams, his huge love of Mexico (where he wrote more than most know about), and his putting Puerto Vallarta on the map with LA NOCHE DEL IGUANA.

I feel it appropriate at this time to say a few words about the two dozen or so Williams Scholars I have met or had other contact with. My views of Thomas Keith are more than clear on blog and have not changed. That said, I could even share a panel with him and have no problems if he sticks to the truth and avoids the politics of Sewanee et al. John Bak is the ONLY Williams scholar who sent me a few HATE NOTES -- and blocked my emails. Robert Bray always looked at me as if he was afraid of me at the four Festivals I attended, although I never really spoke with him. His QUICK aging seemed to me to be drug-related, not that I'm in a position to know, and he also SEEMS to be a "worst-case closet homo" -- not that I actually know that either.

I TOTALLY enjoyed meeting Annette Saddik at the Poet's Corner Investiture's Bishop's reception in 2009, and if there is ANY truth to John Uecker's claim that she stole his Williams scholarship (I tend to doubt that) -- MORE POWER TO HER!!! I TRIED to meet Jeff Flavin-Hall and David Kaplan there, but they gave me an ABSOLUTE cold shoulder. Even if they ARE corrupted by Thomas Keith/Sewanee Politics, the THEATER festival is too anchored in Tennessee's actual WORK, so they can't muck things up too much. I especially enjoyed meeting Bev Marshall and her husband at my first festival (2004), but Bev has refused to answer any of my several emails to her via the secured form on her web page. My only REAL problem with Patricia Brady, who had been head of the Board for some years, is that she always used photos of herself looking like 18th Century British Royalty, so I figured she is only in it for the status.

In the last year, I've taken Douglas Brinkley (not related to my father's high school friend, NBC's David Brinkley), to task a number of times -- because on CNN he appeared drug-addled, but seems now to be over that. I'm sorry to see he is not participating this year. And I must say that even though Paul Willis was BEYOND rude to me -- especially around his refusal to pay for transportation, lodging, any honorarium -- or ANYTHING when he was to have me on three panels in 2010 -- and then his bitchy cancellation of all that because he actually wrote that the ONLY reason he would have me on was the MAINSTREAM publication of my memoir (cancelled in Jan. 2010) -- having NO INTEREST in my working for Tom, I think he is just one of the most NERVOUS of the NELLIES, so easily manipulated by Thomas Keith for Sewanee. You will recall that Thomas told me he had to feed Paul some of Thomas's prescribed NERVE PILLS (as well as satisfy Paul sexually), to calm him down at the 2009 festival. I am empathetic to ALL people with failings -- indeed, even Thomas. ALL came to Tennessee Williams over love of his work, and if anything had happened DIFFERENTLY, chances are, I would not be in my current position of TRIUMPH, regardless fools seeing it differently.

It is a long time ago, that I thought it was a simple coincidence that "Texas" Kate (Schweppe) Sharp, Moldawer, eventually McNamara, had known and learned from my wealthy distant Kenan relatives how to act like the wealthiest woman on earth. Tennessee made it clear she was the inspiration for Babe in IN MASKS OUTRAGEOUS AND AUSTERE, and her son Dudley Sharp III is Tennessee's only known actual godson (Episcopalian). Little did I ever imagine that my life was so intertwined in my mother's, Republican Party's, and the CIA's plots to take over US Government for the WHITE and the FEW. 

I had two problems from Tennessee Williams' point of view -- and I often heard about them through intermediaries. ONE: I was so intimidated by his genius I was unable to converse with him about anything much but business and practical things -- and he just wanted someone to talk to. TWO: Tennessee complained widely that at every function or party we attended (even at the White House), I got FAR more attention than he did. 

Well, in closing, let me say a thing about the Festival's (listed) Sponsors. Since 2004, Sewanee and related organizations have gradually been given less and less credit in programs, on website, etc., until they have DISAPPEARED ENTIRELY (despite the HUGE value of Tom's inheritance that they control). Strange. But when I worked for 18 years for Pentagon Publishing in advertising sales, Bollinger Shipyards was one of my clients for military and/or maritime academy publications -- so I'm very pleased to see their Foundation's support!!! Also, when Mary Lily (Kenan) Flagler inherited Henry Flagler's entire estate in 1913 and THE NEW YORK TIMES declared her the "wealthiest woman in the world" (but only knowing the HALF of her wealth), it included not only more Standard Oil stock than Rockefeller ever owned and virtually the east coast of the State of Florida, but ownership not only of Flagler's Florida East Coast Railroad, but his 40 - 60% ownership of most major railroads in the USA, then. So Union Pacific Foundation's support is sort of tangential Kenan money.

And GOD BLESS Mary Lily Kenan -- she seriously courted Flagler from 1891 when they met until Flagler got the Florida legislature to allow divorce from his second wife for Permanent Debilitating Mental Illness (which appears to have been real). They married a few weeks later, in 1901, and through all that time, she URGED the vacillating Flagler to build the Key West Extension from Homestead to Key West, paving the way for Tennessee Williams' ease of access to his home there.



Mary Lily and Henry Flagler arrive on the first train to Key West, 22 January, 1912.



Also, when you next see Brenda Carradine of the Columbus, Mississippi Festival (whom I first met in John Uecker's apartment in 2009), that I have NO PROBLEM with her -- although she could stand to let that "Righteous Christian Hair" down a tetch.

All best -- and maybe I can attend NEXT YEAR's Festival!!!

Scott




.

No comments: