Monday, April 7, 2014

RP: Ya'll: I Feel Just Like Dorothy -- Back in KANSAS (after the house done fell)!!!

REPRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/04/yall-i-feel-like-dorothy-back-in-kansas.html




Couldn't resist this -- even if it doesn't fit the story.




>>> I WAS WATCHING CNN's 24/7 coverage of pinger technology, when a Bostonian came on talkin' pingas, and my electricidad burped as all hot Mexicans turned on their TVs. Somehow, that caused me to think of something ELSE -- that the email I sent my siblings about six-and-a-half hours ago, sounded JUST LIKE DOROTHY, recognizing family and friends:




Oh wait -- that was earlier . . . hold on . . .




And NOW, there is a PROBLEM: I REFUSE to return to a world without COLOR!!!




>>> THE BOTTOM LINE: We will ALL be who we are, and that might take some adjusting, and since color is actually in the "Eye of the Beholder", I'll simply supply it where necessary -- and none will ever know.






And Julie took that photo.


Here is that exchange:


Scott Kenan  

12:49 PM (7 hours ago)
to Janekenan5julie


This sounds FABULOUS (in YOUR areas -- including your successful search) -- and your description of your competitiveness accurately describes my sister, so I will assume that after all the recent turmoil, you are still YOU, Mike is MIKE, and Julie is JULIE, still.

I'm still me, but perhaps somewhat different with a voice that more can understand.

And that pic that so looks like Julie that I posted last night with a Kingfish, I have no idea who she is, but was amazed how Julie-like (except the pierced naval).

All my love to ALL of you!!!

I have to get back to MY (unpaid) work as well . . .

Scott


On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Jane Kenan wrote:


It is great! Today is pretty gloomy as it is rainy outside. I went home in a torrential downpour; did not let the girls out due to the rain.

Was planning on doing a triathalon end of April but not sure at this point given Dad's feebleness. Knowing myself, I am so competitive and do not want to injure myself in trying to be competitive! I know I would push myself to run and running hurts my back. so I may just keep up the swimming, biking and walking w/o the competition!

Things are great and I feel very successful in finding the woman for Dad and Mom. Interviewed 2, liked both and chose the one who could start right away!

Sounds like you are well!

Am thinking of getting smart phone and looked at 2 companies; will probably stay w/ Verizon as they offer loyalty discounts! I am sure they get the money elsewhere.

Got to get back to work.

Love, jane

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Scott Kenan wrote:


Thanks Jane -- I appreciate the update. Sorry you have to be the only one of us there "all the time", but I know Mike and Julie have gotten down a lot too.

How is YOUR life, otherwise???

Love,
Scott

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Jane Kenan wrote:


Scott,

Dad is pretty much bed ridden at this point. He has deteriorated in the last month and we (Mom and I)  got someone in to help Mom. She is going to come in 8 hrs/day for 5 days, M, T, W, Fri, Sat in split shifts.She is great and will help Mom tremendously.

We (Mom and I) got a  hosp bed for Dad this weekend and hopefully, he will stay in it so not run the risk of falling. He has really gotten weak.

He doesn't seem to be cognizant but hard to tell. Sometimes he is and other times not.

Jane

* * *


And here is someone ELSE who has ideas about "color in the family":




My nephew Connor, just returned from several near-hits in finding Flight 370 as he skedaddled about Southeast Asia.


Unfortunately, unlike his uncle, Connor does not really RESPOND to pingas -- what a PITY!!!



Scott







Dad was so welcoming, I didn't even miss Uranus.


But HERE are the two nut-ball celebrities that frequently visited Roy's cousin who lived next door to us (my age 2.5 - 6), dressing in costume to entertain us neighborhood kids:




So best is to just BLAME IT ALL on Mr. Roy Rogers and Miz Dale Evans.









.

No comments: