Saturday, July 26, 2014

RP: Celebrating a Writer and Gentleman: Randall Kenan (not my blood relative)!!!

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/07/celebrating-writer-and-gentleman.html




When I re-posted this of Claudia Emerson and Randall from Randall's Facebook Page, yesterday, I added the caption, "Everybody at the Tennessee Williams-funded Sewanee Writers Conference loves Randall Kenan!!!"


As you can see, Miriam Berkley, another writer, but NOT on the Sewanee Faculty this summer, is SERIOUS about her photos!!!


I wonder if she ever had copyright to her books or photos stolen by a rogue court operating in absentia without legal service as well -- because she disclosed an eyewitness account of a sitting President in a gay bathhouse -- LOL!!!.


However, if she asks me to remove this photo, I will.




>>> BUT FIRST:




In China several doctors bow to an 11 year old boy diagnosed with terminal brain cancer who managed to save the lives of several others by donating his organs shortly after he passed.



Meanwhile, Catholics, Episcopalians, and Orthodox Christians literally gnaw on the flesh of their savior, in a way APPROVED for vegetarians, although new strife may arise over gluten and GMO.


Look up "transubstantiation".


Others, including most Protestant Christians take the CIVILIZED route, and commemorate one of the world's greatest prophets, by reenacting his Last Supper with his closest followers.


Which culture would YOU say is more in-tune with "God"???



>>> BACK TO RANDALL KENAN:


1. I forgot to mention, that the release of my last blog posting ALSO resulted in a nice jump in readership -- although this peak was only 89 in 15 minutes -- but still, hits to my blog are now well over half a million, and for that I am GRATEFUL!!!


2. I should disclose to all that I fell in love with Randall's writing when his first book, a novel, was released:




And my love of him continued with his second book, a collection of short stories, for which he got major notice:




In the late oughts, one time when I was visiting Liberty Hall, Kenansville, NC ("The Ancestral Home of the Kenans in America"), I noticed a photo of a female cook in the kitchen who looked JUST LIKE Randall, so I figured he must be descended from her -- and I'd seen stories that Randall once owned a restaurant in Los Angeles (but perhaps it was one of his fictional stories -- they are IMPOSSIBLE to tell if they are fiction.


Like Randall (born in New York City), I , too, was born a Yankee, but unlike Yankee-raised-and-educated me, he moved back to a town just a walk from Kenansville and was raised by close relatives. I, wanting to believe what the wealthy Kenans have laid out in THEIR version of their story, saw the Kenan plantations as places where Kenans worked right beside their slaves -- and danced with them, privately, at home parties.


I also thought that if they were such "good masters" and were so close, that the freed slaves who took the name of the master had the masters' BLOOD -- and when I broached the idea of THAT to Randall, he did not respond -- MOST TELLINGLY!!!


And another seeming tie I thought I might have to Randall, was from a short story of his published online a few years ago, about his mother or grandmother having been the cook to Howard Hughes's mother (which I still don't know if it is fact or fiction)


As readers know, one of Tennessee Williams' closest friends, "Texas" Kate (Schweppe) Sharp, then Moldawer (as I knew her), and later McNamara, was first married to Dudley Sharp II (and produced Dudley Sharp III, Tennessee Williams' ONLY known actual GodsonEpiscopal -- who later became the most seen on national media of those defending Texas' DEATH PENALTY, but recently SHUT UP), and the original Dudley had been Dwight Eisenhower's Secretary of the Air Force (despite being a Navy man and grad of THAT Academy), who wrote the FIRST US LAWS governing NUCLEAR WARFARE in OUTER SPACE -- but also was Eisenhower's TOP ALLY in fighting the Military Industrial Complex.


Dudley Sharp I was FORCED TO RECANT after Eisenhower's term -- due to threats to his family.


And Dudley Sharp II was ALSO best friends with Howard Hughes growing up, because their fathers were PARTNERS in the Sharp-Hughes Tool Company -- until Howard's Dad bought Dudley's out.


And of course, like Richard NixonHoward Hughes had a long homosexual affair with Bebe Rebozo (and THAT even connects to marriage that had been arranged by my mother's NAZI people, between my nephew Connor and Bebe's multiply-yachted next door neighbor (were Mr. Rebozo still alive and living on Key Biscayne).



Texas Kate (the only photo of Kate that I have), with Tennessee Williams when Tom received the Kennedy Center Honors in 1979. That is his sister Rose, behind him, and his first cousin Jim Williams (who sometimes took care of the house when Tennessee and I traveled).


By the time I accompanied Tennessee to the ceremony in 1981, the Honorees all lined up in the balcony in the back.


Kate grew up in Atlanta -- and her family was close to the Frank Hawkins Kenan's (before he moved his brood to Chapel Hill area), and "Uncle Jimmie", James Graham Kenan's families -- and THAT is where Kate learned to act like THE WEALTHIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD.


There is no question that the character "Babe" in IN MASKS OUTRAGEOUS AND AUSTERE is based on Texas Kate, rather than Maria St. Just (nee Britneva), who assisted Sewanee in murdering Tennessee Williams and stealing his estate from Harvard. Google in this blog to see how AFRAID Tennessee was of Maria during the time that I worked for him:



According to TennesseeMaria, a Russian refugee, married the second wealthiest man in Great BritianPeter Grenfelthe Lord St. Just, who owned the second Paladian House built in England, Wilbury (a name some Beatles loved) -- and the Grenfel Bank. She promptly had him committed for life to a mental hospital and got control of all his estates.


Sewanee can thank her for the stolen Tennessee Williams Estate!!!


Maria St. Just was the ARCHITECT of that.




>>> ISN'T THIS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT RANDALL KENAN???


About 1990, prominent gay activists envisioned a series of biographies about great GAY PEOPLE that would help raise self-images of gay people and thus also fight AIDSRandall Kenan was the FIRST author "commissioned" to participate with a bio of his hero, James Baldwin. The series never materialized, but Randall produced:





And Randall's LATEST OFFERING (according to Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Kenan, but I can't find an image), is the to ME most promising:


ONLY THE DEAD KNOW CHAPEL HILL






See also




Scott




.

No comments: