Friday, July 18, 2014

RP: Could I Have PTSD???

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/07/could-i-have-ptsd.html


I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS ODD COLOR VARIATION HAPPENED -- HA!!!




This photo of Civil War soldiers sharing each others' smoking material is the most suggestive I can now find.


Ten years ago, it was EASY to find old photos on the internet of Civil War soldiers in far more compromising positions -- especially Confederates.


And in 1990, at Nan and Charles Nash's shop, Stone Mountian Relics (Civil War relics), in the center of Stone Mountain (shortly before it was small-BOMBED, and they moved it into The Old Post Office), I found a 1990 calendar, each month having a prominent photo of Confederate Civil War soldiers in "gay poses". The most memorable, was of two buddies seated with arms across each others' shoulders, and one with his 10" dagger held in hand like an erection rising right out of his buddy's crotch.


Interesting, too, is that the South was modeled after Greek and Roman Democracy and Society -- and both those cultures were bisexual. And when I lived in Wilmington, many "Confederate types" and other conservative white men, admitted to me that Southern culture was about ALL kinds of sex -- but you just had to keep it HIDDEN -- hence the fact that Wilmington now has one actual gay bar, The Toolbox, out near the port, Ibiza, a three-story drag-show bar that most people there seem like "gay-curious straights", and a small piano bar, Costello's, that swings both ways.


Back in the 1980s, there were at least FIVE large gay bars in downtown Wilmington -- and in prime locations. When I lived there 2011 -12, much of the gay action was on social networks (where I met some prominent, married, white businessmen for sex), and the SUPER-CRUISEY scene inside Gold's Gym and where all the men in cars met in the parking lot at lunch, hoping to meet someone to take elsewhere.


And there is THIS:

The Greeks favored gay and bisexual young men in their military. Since gay and bisexual men were considered a family unit, the Greeks knew that paired male lovers assigned to the same battalions were a military asset. They would fight courageously, side by side, and would die heroically together in battle. 


(I say that the Confederates fought for BOTH their girlfriends/wives and their boyfriends -- which is why they were TWICE AS BRAVE -- and effective. The South won nearly EVERY battle the first three years -- -- despite being GREATLY OUTNUMBERED!!!)



Alexander the Great, who was king of Macedonia and noted as one of the greatest military conquerors, was known to be bisexual. When his lover Hephaestion died in battle, Alexander the Great not only mourned openly for his lover, but he staged an extravagant funeral, which took six months to prepare.

And it is easy to forget, that up until not much more than a hundred years ago, in the United States (and most of the world as well), "Romantic Marriage" was the domain of poets, while real people married for financial or political reasons -- and most marriages were arranged. Think of European Royalty preserving family estates and allying principalities, to get the idea, but even the poor had good reasons for this -- just on a smaller scale. Romantic interests were pursued OUTSIDE of marriage, usually discretely.


So if you want "Traditional Marriage", that is what you would get.



This is the only surviving photo of Sarah and Pembroke Jones TOGETHER (they farthest to the left as you look at this).


The Pembroke Joneses, he being the LARGEST rice merchant in the world in the early Twentieth Century, had two estates in Wilmington, North Carolina. What remains of them now, are Airlie Gardens and the Landfall development -- developed by Frank Hawkins Kenan.



This is the Doll House that Sarah Wharton Green Jones Walters, as she eventually became, built at Airlie in 1917 -- said to be one of the FINEST in Wilmington. Her actual house does not survive.


And Sarah was Mary Lily Kenan's closest intimate, she and Pembroke throwing so many lavish parties at their Newport, Rhode Island estate for Mary Lily (Kenan) Flagler after Flagler's death when THE NEW YORK TIMES (without knowing the HALF of it), declared Mary Lily "the wealthiest woman in the world".


And that is literally WHERE the expression, "Keeping up with the Jones" came from.


But GUESS WHAT -- Pembroke Jones REFUSED to socialize with his wife unless it was ALSO with his male lover -- and nobody cared.




BUT I HAVE TO SAY, that getting to the ACTUAL sexual activities of the American Male, is a long-term study by the Pew Research Center released about ten years ago.


Disclaimer: Pew Research Center and Charitable Trusts are funded by the Pew Family who founded Sun Oil Company/SUNOCO -- my father's and brother's employer for most of their adult lives (one, each) -- and mine for one summer -- and a competitor of Standard Oil.



HENRY FLAGLER: VISIONARY OF THE GILDED AGE


Standard Oil was founded by Henry Flagler, who quickly got a HUGE VISION and took on John D. Rockefeller and Stephen Harkness (Flagler's first father-in-law), as partners, each of them having the same amount of stock. Over the years, Flagler came to control much of Harkness's stock, which is HOW Mary Lily (Kenan) Flagler came to inherit so MUCH of it.


According to the Pew Study, the more educated, urban, Northeast-living, and liberal the American manthe more conservative his sexual practices (lingering influence of PURITANS and such of New England), while the less educated, but more rural, adamant fundamentalist or evangelical, and Southern, the more likely men are to have sex with BOTH men and women outside of marriage -- and often with farm animals as well.


Today, we see this in the belief of so many Christian Republicans that gay sex or marriage leads to bestiality -- THEY'VE BEEN THERE!!!! But this is not true for normal people.



>>> THE POSSIBILITY THAT I HAVE PTSD:



After a somewhat tortured Facebook messages exchange with my friend who seemed to have taken his children to the CHILDREN OF THE CONFEDERACY CONVENTION, going on now in Arkansas (and sponsored as part of the Daughters of the Confederacy), I realized a number of things, which I wrote to the re-named "Howdy" this morning.


LEFT the rest on blog, as it is TRUE. My last message to Howdy:


  • Scott Kenan
    Scott Kenan


    OK, I changed you to Howdy Golightly (a clear and illogical reference to Audrey Hepburn in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S), and a pic of a guy less healthy than you. This is not meant to represent you.

    Our communication was at best a DISASTER, and part of the problem -- something I only this morning realized -- is that I likely have PTSD from nearly five years of people trying to kill me, several times beat up and sore for two months, five actual poisonings, five jailings, two nut-house commitments, five times held hostage by Drug Mafia in Mexico, my copyrights to memoir and political writing stolen by trial in absentia after I was never legally served, ALL my savings tricked out of me, living homeless under a bridge with real criminals who were dangerous, etc. -- and most of my immediate family helping those who would harm me.

    But I've got most of my understanding of that straightened out now, and am about to find legal remedy for the worst of it, and get on with new projects in my life. Unfortunately, I am VERY "Trigger-happy", and go off quickly on people who exhibit the same words and behavior my aggressors used. You did fill that pattern, but you are NOT a scheming, cagey person like they have been. You just have a less complex life, so didn't think how your approach might affect me -- and didn't know enough of my story to be able to do that anyway.

    Anyway, my next blog post is going to be about my considering this possibility of PTSD -- and what to do about it.

    Scott


I think this explains MUCH of my communication the last couple of years, especially -- including with many people who are simply THOUGHTLESS or UNMINDFUL about WHERE they get their misinformation -- which as often as not they would rather DIE FIGHTING FOR than consider actual FACTS.



And of course, I have made my share of errors!!!


But recognizing this, I can now relax consciously, and not be so QUICK TO JUDGE. I suppose it is possible I should get professional help, but I hope to discover first that I am capable of handling this through self-awareness. I am OPEN to comments from anyone who is serious -- and having just lost FOUR molars to extraction, my bite is NOT as bad as it once was.





THAT SAID, last night I pulled a giant, half-inch-long thin sliver of displaced bone from my wound in my gums -- it was very irregular and filigreed -- like the skeletons of girders of the Twin Towers after they fell on 9/11 (but considerably smaller).


So NOW, I will finish healing and get the bridge made!!!


Scott




.

No comments: